Trouble loading soundfonts

Author
Miasma
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 110
2009/01/02 10:34:51 (permalink)

Trouble loading soundfonts

I've downloaded some free soundfonts from Digital Sound Factory, but I can't figure out how to load them into Sonar HS. I followed the instructions (created a MIDI track, went to "Options", "Soundfonts", then selected "Attach" and chose the .sf2 file I wanted), but I keep getting a message telling me I don't have enough soundfont memory. I'm using an Creative Soundblaster X-Fi card, and when I try loading sound fonts into Creative's Vienna software, there's no problem whatsoever. So I'm really puzzled as to why I can't load them into Sonar. I have the soundcard selected as an output port. Not sure what else I need to do. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

4 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Trouble loading soundfonts 2009/01/02 12:41:23 (permalink)
    you have 2 options ... vienna is a soundfont editor .. not a thing for loading them in..

in the SB control panel you have an option to load in fonts... now to access them within a sequencer.. say you wanted a certain bank... e.g. 36.. would be 36 * 128 = 4608 ,so 4608 is the number you put in the bank bit..

Or you could use something like sfz player etc if thats too long winded.

which you have in sonar? can't speak for your version.

http://www.project5.com/products/instruments/sfz_player/default.asp

if you don't
    Miasma
    RE: Trouble loading soundfonts 2009/01/02 12:50:24 (permalink)
    Thanks a lot! I completely forgot about sfz player (since I've never needed it before.) I'll give that a try when I get home. Failing that, I'll try your other idea. This is new territory for me, though, so I'm hoping the sfz player does the trick.
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Trouble loading soundfonts 2009/01/02 14:32:40 (permalink)
    Yea, I remember getting that error back when, but I can't remember what the outcome was. It seems there was a way to assign more of the computer's memory to the card, but I haven't dealt with an SB for years.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Miasma
    RE: Trouble loading soundfonts 2009/01/02 14:57:20 (permalink)
    I received this answer from DSF, in case anyone else is having a similar problem:

---
    In the SoundFont Bank manger (under start - all programs- Creative),
    be sure that you set the SoundFont cache to maximum. Also go to bank
    and remove all current banks. Next re boot. The SoundFont drivers can
    be a little tweeky and when system memory gets fragmented, it will
    think it is out of memory.
    ---
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1