Trouble with controller

Author
djflux
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 90
2008/05/17 02:19:34 (permalink)

Trouble with controller

I just got an Oxygen 49 controller, and I'm having some trouble mapping its controls to the z3ta synth. I have done exactly what the P5 help section says to do, although some parts of it did not make sense to me. See if you can find what I'm doing wrong.

I've got the Oxygen installed and selected as a MIDI controller in P5. In the Properties page, Oxygen 49 is not a preset, so I am having to create my own preset. Here is where my problem might lie, but I can't imagine what to do. I have selected "Enable z3ta+" in the ACT section. The boxes are blue, which they should be for plug-in parameters. The problem is that none of the blue boxes say anything about effects. They should say cutoff, resonance, pan, etc. But no, they're just empty blue boxes.

Anyway, in spite of this, I go into the z3ta plug-in and I enable ACT Learn. Then I move a few sliders in z3ta, and I move a few sliders on the Oxygen. Then I disable ACT Learn. According to the instructions, I should get a dialogue box saying I have enabled certain parameters. No, this never happens. And of course, I cannot control z3ta. So what do I do?
post edited by djflux - 2008/05/17 02:45:01

2 Replies Related Threads

djflux
    RE: Trouble with controller 2008/05/17 02:24:14 (permalink)
    By the way, I am able to control basic parameters in P5 such as panning and volume. I am also able to use the controller to play the sounds in z3ta on the keyboard. My only problem is that I can't map it to the controls within z3ta.

I just tried using it with PSYN, and everything works fine. It seems that only z3ta doesn't recognize ACT functions. That would be horrible though, because z3ta is the workhorse behind my music now.
    post edited by djflux - 2008/05/17 03:16:44
    djflux
    RE: Trouble with controller 2008/05/17 03:31:47 (permalink)
    Haha, I figured it out myself. Although I'm surprised I did - it's a pretty obscure technicality. Under my list of soft synths, there are actually two versions of z3ta. One is simply called "z3ta+" but there is another called "software z3ta+". I vaguely remember noticing that the first day I installed z3ta. Why would there be two versions of it, one that can be controlled, and one that can't? It's strange, but that was my problem.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1