Trouble with re-wire from p5v2. Wheres the tracks?

Author
crabtwins
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1460
2005/08/07 19:37:19 (permalink)

Trouble with re-wire from p5v2. Wheres the tracks?

OK so I was able to set my p5 setting to route upto 32 tracks to Sonar inputs. But when I am in SOnar, the track I am selecting as an input doesnt play. The only reason I hear anything is because it is coming across the AUX and Master inputs from p5 into Sonar, but if I try and solo a track I hear nothing. Also there isnt any visible track in sonar to work on. I thought maybe I should record to each P5 track in sonar but there isnt a record button on P5 rewired tracks. What am I doing wrong? I will post on Sonar in case this isnt the place.

thanks for any responses though and for the ones here.
.D
post edited by crabtwins - 2005/08/07 19:42:52

6 Replies Related Threads

crabtwins
    RE: Trouble with re-wire from p5v2. Wheres the tracks? 2005/08/07 21:35:22 (permalink)
    bumps are good!

jvanva
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 239
    RE: Trouble with re-wire from p5v2. Wheres the tracks? 2005/08/08 00:53:59 (permalink)
    Do you have a Sonar audio track assigned for each Project 5 track you want to bring over? If not you should create them.

When you first establish the rewire connection from Sonar's synth rack, the dialog box that appears gives you the option of creating the first audio track or creating all of them. Tick the box for all if you want your 32 tracks to be pre-assigned.

Alternatively, you can create the audio tracks as you need them and select a P5 output from each created audio track's input. Just click on Sonar's audio track's input dropdown and you should see a Project 5 submenu. From that submenu, you can pick the project 5 output for that track.

Note that the each output of Project 5 multi-output synths are counted as a track, so you must take that into account when selecting a P5 output for the Sonar input.

Conversely, if you are trying to drive P5 midi from Sonar, then you will need a Sonar midi track. Set the output of the track to Project 5 via the dropdown and select which of the 16 channels you wish to transmit your midi on. (Unfortunately, 16 is all you get when driving a rewire device from Sonar.)

Anyway, I hope this gets you over the hump.

Good Luck!!

jvanva

My reputation precedes me - otherwise I'd be late for all my appointments.
    crabtwins
    RE: Trouble with re-wire from p5v2. Wheres the tracks? 2005/08/08 01:18:06 (permalink)
    yes, I have all the tracks listed in the sonar view, they all say p5 and each one has its input as a different P5 Aux, Synth or what have you, but nothing appears in the track pane and like I said I can hear the p5 project through the rewired aux and master outputs but not the individual tracks themselves. I always get these issues that no one else seems to have I love it. :)
    thanks for tryin.

SteepLearningCurve
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 281
    RE: Trouble with re-wire from p5v2. Wheres the tracks? 2005/08/08 01:50:27 (permalink)
    Do you have to convert your P5 tracks to audio before you see them?
    Brandon Ryan [Roland]
    Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3458
    RE: Trouble with re-wire from p5v2. Wheres the tracks? 2005/08/08 01:58:41 (permalink)
    Hey crabtwins,

Just for clarification: So you are saying that you only hear the "master" and "aux 1-4" outputs of P5, but not the other ones? Is any level coming into those tracks on SONAR"s mixer? Also, what do you mean by "nothing appears in the track pane"?

- Track one in P5 should show up in SONAR as "Synth1-L / Synth 1-R". Track 2 will show up as "Synth2-L / Synth 2-R", and so on. If you are using multiple individual rewire tracks, you really don't need the one that says "Main-L / Main-R" rewired into a track in SONAR.
    post edited by Brandon Ryan [Cakewalk] - 2005/08/08 02:04:58

"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel." WG

SONAR Platinum | VS-700 | A-800 PRO | PCAL i7 with SSD running Windows 8 x64 | Samsung 27" LCD @ 1920x1080 | Blue Sky monitors with BMC | All kinds of other stuff
    crabtwins
    RE: Trouble with re-wire from p5v2. Wheres the tracks? 2005/08/08 12:06:38 (permalink)
    Brandon,

I miss spoke about the track pane I meant the clips pane. sorry I dont see any audio. However, someone in the P5 forum told me some new info which is that you first have to bounce to those tracks. But also that when Sonar re-wires a p5 synth, it puts a new number in brackets to the right of the p5 track so that you know which is the corresponding synth to choose as an input in SOnar. I didnt know any of this. Been trying the manual and i dont see any of those details. I am still trying but now I have to tell P5 to output all my tracks, cause even if I only have 7 tracks that would be 7 + 5 (auxs and mains)= 12 and if SOnar is going to automatically make p5 track 2 actually be Sonar re-wire input 15, I have no way of knowing how many rewire outputs to select so I have to select ALL. But then that chews up PC brain right? well Im still on it, but a little disappointed at the seeming difficulty of getting a simple 4 track into Sonar for mixdown.

we'll see what happens.
    thanks for all comments so far!

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1