Helpful ReplyTruePianos discount for Cakewalk customers (of interest for those moving away from Sonar)

Author
grbarteck
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 15
2017/12/05 13:55:20 (permalink)

TruePianos discount for Cakewalk customers (of interest for those moving away from Sonar)

I don't have any stake in TruePianos or their sales, but I thought Sonar owners looking to move on to other DAW's might appreciate this.  This was mentioned in another thread, but I am providing additional clarity based on my experience.

http://www.truepianos.com/cakewalk.php

The above link is not new... (30% off for Cakewalk customers), but what IS new is an additional 40% off sale on the full version of TruePianos for the remainder of 2017.   So... those discounts are stackable... 40% off public deal + 30% off for Cakewalk customers, you can get the full version of TruePianos for under $50 (US).  I believe the deal for non-US is also equally attractive.
For anyone who might miss TruePianos after moving away from Sonar, I think this is worth a look.

NOTE: The form that requests the cakewalk serial seems to only work on older serial numbers CWSP-x.xx...., I used one of my older serials from my cakewalk products page and it worked.  In a support email I sent to Truepianos tech support, it seems they are trying to expose another link that will work with newer serial numbers.  In any case, their FAQ says to contact their tech support to get the discount if your current Cakewalk serial number is not working with the discount page.

Editorial:
As I consider moving away from Sonar, I do believe I would miss the TruePianos module.   (Though I've heard in the "piano-modeling" area that Pianoteq is the one to beat, it's much more expensive and IMO TruePianos is no slouch.)  I asked TruePianos tech support if they would consider "giving away" the Amber license to Cakewalk customers, but it does not sound like their contractual or license management system would make that very feasible.  So... if you appreciate the TruePianos module you've had in Sonar, I think their current offer is a good deal to keep it in your new DAW adventures.
post edited by grbarteck - 2017/12/05 17:11:53
burgerproduction
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 209
Re: TruePianos discount for Cakewalk customers (of interest for those moving away from Son 2017/12/05 14:32:45 (permalink)
I tried my SPLAT serial number (no joy), my Sonar 8 Studio serial (no joy), my Producer 4 (no joy)
Does it work only with Producer versions over 6.0? Not even Platinum?

Cakewalk by Bandlab, Sonar Platinum Lifetimer, Windows 10, HP Laptop, CPU i5, RAM 8GB. Audio interface: Edirol FA-101 Firewire interface with moded drivers. Microphones: Audio-Technica, M-Audio, Behringer, AKG. Pianos: Casio digital, Yamaha B1 upright.  Guitars: Dobro, Tanglewood, Danelectro, Fender. Hats: Fez
Check out my music :
https://53mph.bandcamp.com/album/like-water-to-the-sand

scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: TruePianos discount for Cakewalk customers (of interest for those moving away from Son 2017/12/05 14:39:54 (permalink)
I believe the discount should work for any version of SONAR which included the TruePiano plug-in. Email them if you are having trouble getting the discount.
grbarteck
Re: TruePianos discount for Cakewalk customers (of interest for those moving away from Son 2017/12/05 15:08:12 (permalink)
Thanks scook... I clarified my original post that the Cakewalk deal is probably only valid for versions of SONAR that included TruePianos (SPLAT qualifies, of course). Regardless, the non-Cakewalk price is still pretty good.  See later post, it seems TruePianos is being pretty flexible on this discount.

Their FAQ clearly states that their Cakewalk serial number checker is not up to date, so contact them if your SONAR version is eligible but your serial is not recognized.  I suspect they will work with you.  When I contacted their tech support via their web page, it was responded over night by email.  I'm not sure where they are located, but give them some time to respond. Good luck.
post edited by grbarteck - 2017/12/05 17:13:17
Cactus Music
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: TruePianos discount for Cakewalk customers (of interest for those moving away from Son 2017/12/05 15:34:33 (permalink)
Personally I'm not about to hand out my serial number to anyone. 

And for that price you can wait until the Air expand pack goes on sale or even purchase the Air Mini Grand individually. After getting the Mini Grand I can no longer listen to True Pianos, I've swapped it out f every project now. 

And besides , if you have one of the older versions of Sonar, just do a bare bones install and there you go= You'll have true Piano free. 

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

bitflipper
01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
  • Total Posts : 26036
Re: TruePianos discount for Cakewalk customers (of interest for those moving away from Son 2017/12/05 15:39:34 (permalink)
That's a great deal - better than any previous sale price - whether you're moving to another DAW or not.

As many know, Amber, the subset of TruePianos that we got bundled with SONAR, is the weakest of the four piano models. I don't care for it and have never used it. But reports indicate that the other models are better.

In any case, the benefit of TruePianos isn't that it sounds great but that it's a modeled synth rather than a sample library, and therefore much lighter-weight than any Kontakt instrument. Don't judge it as a solo piano, but rather how it would work in a supporting role as a rhythmic element in a larger mix.

Now my question: has anyone actually bought the product for 50 bucks?

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
scook
Forum Host
Re: TruePianos discount for Cakewalk customers (of interest for those moving away from Son 2017/12/05 15:39:54 (permalink)
Cactus Music
After getting the Mini Grand I can no longer listen to True Pianos, I've swapped it out f every project now. 

And besides , if you have one of the older versions of Sonar, just do a bare bones install and there you go= You'll have true Piano free. 

I guess you are comparing the Mini Grand to TruePianos Amber (the one bundled with SONAR). There are 6 pianos included in the full version.
Kamikaze
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3013
Re: TruePianos discount for Cakewalk customers (of interest for those moving away from Son 2017/12/05 15:43:09 (permalink)
Cactus Music

I questioned this too with the overloud unlocking, but it seems everyone is happy to d so with them

scook
Forum Host
Re: TruePianos discount for Cakewalk customers (of interest for those moving away from Son 2017/12/05 15:48:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Kamikaze 2017/12/05 15:57:37
bitflipper

Now my question: has anyone actually bought the product for 50 bucks?

I paid $88 in 2013.
dubdisciple
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5849
Re: TruePianos discount for Cakewalk customers (of interest for those moving away from Son 2017/12/05 16:03:58 (permalink)
Cactus Music

And for that price you can wait until the Air expand pack goes on sale or even purchase the Air Mini Grand individually. After getting the Mini Grand I can no longer listen to True Pianos, I've swapped it out f every project now. 

We regularly hand over credit card numbers and other personal info to one man operations in former eastern block countries regularly. Your sonar serial is not exactly a hot commodity right now and is among the least likely things to be used for nefarious purposes out of all the info you give. Serials for a dead product are somewhat worthless to everyone except people like us who already own it.
grbarteck
Re: TruePianos discount for Cakewalk customers (of interest for those moving away from Son 2017/12/05 16:29:17 (permalink)
bitflipper, yes I did purchase this and got it for under $50 (maybe I never actually said that in my original post).  In the last email exchange I had with TruePianos (asking if I should discuss this deal on the Sonar forum), it was replied to me, and I quote, "The discount is valid for owners of any CakeWalk VST host software." 
Since the above does not seem too particular about the Sonar version, I can only hope there were no misunderstandings lost in translation (the responder admitted he is not a native-English speaker).  All I can say is, if you meet the definition above and are interested in TruePianos at that price, contact them and see what they say.  If the price does not interest you, or if you are concerned about sharing your Cakewalk serials, I am not trying to convince you otherwise.  I just wanted to share what I thought was an interesting deal. 

EDIT:  I received another email from TruePianos (I think he is monitoring this thread now), and he clarified there was no misunderstanding.  He said they would honor a discount from any Cakewalk serial number product that hosts VST, for example he said, even "Cakewalk Home Studio 2004".  Regarding serial number concerns, he states that they need it to inject the serial into a Cakewalk installation DLL to determine validity and discount eligibility.  I think I've done my diligence by sharing this offer, so I don't plan to keep posting... but I wanted to pass on the accurate info as it was conveyed to me.  Again, if it interests you, contact them.  Truepianos has been very responsive to my inquiry.  Good luck.
post edited by grbarteck - 2017/12/05 17:08:36
Cactus Music
Re: TruePianos discount for Cakewalk customers (of interest for those moving away from Son 2017/12/05 16:49:53 (permalink)
Sorry I was unaware that the version we have is not a good example. 
And good point about it being a light load VST, sometimes that is needed. 

Johnny V  
Cakelab  

Ham N Egz
  • Total Posts : 15161
Re: TruePianos discount for Cakewalk customers (of interest for those moving away from Son 2017/12/05 17:55:13 (permalink)
48 dollars for 5 true pianos... to my ears they sound good

Green Acres is the place to be
 I dont twitter, facebook, snapchat, instagram,linkedin,tumble,pinterest,flick, blah blah,lets have an old fashioned conversation!

rebel007
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 926
Re: TruePianos discount for Cakewalk customers (of interest for those moving away from Son 2017/12/05 19:13:01 (permalink)
Yes, bought the full version some years ago now when they were on special. Not sure what price that was at the time, but TP is my go to piano for roughing out new songs as the CPU hit is very light and the better pianos in the full version really do sound good.

Home Built Desktop Computer: Intel Core i5 750: 4Mb RAM: NVidia 210 Silent: Windows 10 32bit: Sonar Platinum: Roland OctaCapture
Presario CQ41 Laptop: Intel Core i5 760: 4Mb RAM: Windows 10 32bit: Sonar Platinum (Retired)
CbB on HP Pavilion Laptop 64bit: GeForce Video Card: Intel 8550: 256GB SSD 1TB Data Drive: Windows10 64bit
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: TruePianos discount for Cakewalk customers (of interest for those moving away from Son 2017/12/05 19:25:30 (permalink)
I also have full version, if I remember correctly I have payed more then $50, but not 2 times more.

"Old" is not always bad. TruePiano has old serial number authorization. And it works on any Windows (including Wine in Linux).

I like the sound. I rarely play Amber, but from other I do not have particular favorite.

I am a noob, but I tend to disagree about using it in a big mix. TruePiano is not so good in mono mode and has too many "side" sounds. Pianoteq "fits" into mix faster. But Pianoteq, like Roland DPs, is pure algorithmic and sounds artificial for me. Big sample based creatures tend to produce fancy sounding effects (samples mixed within an engine are not the same as sounds mixed withing a real instrument). So I prefer "hybrid" solutions, like TruePiano and Kawai DPs.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
Cactus Music
Re: TruePianos discount for Cakewalk customers (of interest for those moving away from Son 2017/12/05 19:38:30 (permalink)
I'm slowly getting GAS here people....

Johnny V  
Cakelab  

jb101
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2946
Re: TruePianos discount for Cakewalk customers (of interest for those moving away from Son 2017/12/06 09:25:13 (permalink)
I found this offer a few days ago and used my X2 serial number, I think.  I went looking for the site and saw the upgrade page mentioned on google.  I didn't think it would still work, after all this time, but tried several serial numbers until it did.

It is well worth it - I use it a lot, and the other five pianos are really nice.  I have some big sample library pianos, but use this more as it is so light on the system and sits well in a mix.

Sonar Platinum
CoteRotie
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1112
Re: TruePianos discount for Cakewalk customers (of interest for those moving away from Son 2017/12/07 14:53:56 (permalink)
Even though I have Kontakt Komplete I grabbed this for $48.  Bitflipper is correct about the footprint, this is a light-weight way to get reasonable piano sounds for fitting in the mix somewhere. 

My SPLAT serial number worked, so maybe they fixed the issues.  If you had a problem with your CSPT-X.XX format serial number maybe give it a try again.

Wait, wait, what key is it in? 

GA-X58A-UD3 motherboard
Intel i7 950 CPU w/12 G RAM
ATI Radeon 4350 graphics
3 cats 1 crazydog
Lynx AES16/Aurora 8
SCA N72 J99 & A12 pres. Adam A7 Monitors
Win 10  
SONAR Platinum 64 bit 
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1