Two Simple Questions Regarding X1

Author
Keebo
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 576
2011/01/27 21:37:09 (permalink)

Two Simple Questions Regarding X1

Long time Cake user here on X1 looking to find a way to send tracks to a buss (reverb for example).  In 8.5.3 it was easy to find in each track on the left hand side (whatever that may be called).  I have looked in the same place in X1 as well as the Track Inspector but to no joy.

I sometimes import wave files to tracks from another program and cannot find a way to rename the clips.  This sometimes gets in the way (visually) of the the clips that I may want to edit (fades for example).  It used to be easy to find clip properties and change the name of the clip(s) to nothing in one go (as in clip properties).  I have looked high and low and have searched the documentation without success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sonar X2 Producer 64 bit
Sonar X1 Producer Expanded 64 bit
Sonar 8.5.3 Producer 32/64 bit
Windows 7 64 bit

6 Replies Related Threads

codamedia
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1185
    Re:Two Simple Questions Regarding X1 2011/01/27 22:18:44 (permalink)
    Keebo: If I am reading your first question properly, it appears you are looking to create a "Send". It's still easy, and you can have as many as you want.

1: Choose your track and open the inspector (if it isn't already open)
    2: Hover your mouse anywhere over the inspector > right click > insert send > choose an existing buss, or create a new one.
    (If you have the 1850 page PDF manual - do a search for "insert send" and you will come across the many ways you can do it.)

Remember the X1 inspector now shows the track and it's corresponding buss, make sure you hover over the track itself. If you add more than one send, little arrows will appear so you can switch between them.

As for your other question, I don't have an answer. I did see this discussed recently on the forums, but I don't rename clips so I didn't pay close enough attention :) 

(EDIT: For changing clip names, look around page 323 of the big PDF manual. Looks like it might get covered near the bottom of that page)
    post edited by codamedia - 2011/01/27 22:27:49

Don't fix it in the mix ... Fix it in the take! 

Desktop: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit , ASUS MB w/Intel Chipset, INTEL Q9300 Quad Core, 2.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM, ATI 5450 Video
    Laptop: Windows 7 Pro, i5, 8 Gig Ram
    Hardware: Presonus FP10 (Firepod), FaderPort, M-Audio Axiom 49, Mackie 1202 VLZ, POD X3 Live, Variax 600, etc... etc...
    garrigus
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8599
    Re:Two Simple Questions Regarding X1 2011/01/27 22:31:33 (permalink)
    Clip properties are now accessed in the Inspector by clicking on the Clip tab at the top of the Inspector.

Scott

--
    Scott R. Garrigus - Author of the Cakewalk Sonar and Sony Sound Forge Power book series. Get Sonar X1 Power - Today! Go to: http://www.garrigus.com/

Publisher of DigiFreq - free music technology newsletter. Win a free SoundTech Vocal Trainer Package, go to: http://www.digifreq.com/digifreq/

Publisher of NewTechReview - free consumer technology newsletter. Win a free i2i Stream Wireless Music Pack, go to: http://www.newtechreview.com/newtechreview/
    Keebo
    Re:Two Simple Questions Regarding X1 2011/01/27 22:34:24 (permalink)
    Thanks, codamedia.  I kind of figured it to be there automatically as in 8.5.3 instead of a right click.  Works perfectly.  Thanks.

As far as Clip Properties goes, I am sure it is somewhere other than I am accustomed to.  I am slowly getting the hang of transitioning from 8.5 to X1.

Sonar X2 Producer 64 bit
    Windows 7 64 bit
    Keebo
    Re:Two Simple Questions Regarding X1 2011/01/27 22:48:47 (permalink)
    Scott, thanks for the answer.  It works fine with multiple tracks too.

But in the previous versions, you could select all or some of the tracks and determine where the selected tracks outputs would go.  I have tried to select tracks (say MIDI tracks) to output to a particular soft synth and it works occasionally.  8.5.3 worked flawlessly in this area.  Most of the time only the last selected track goes where it ought to.  I have been changing each one accordingly to get the results I am after.  Quite a pain to be honest.  Perhaps it is only me who is experiencing this behavior?

"(EDIT: For changing clip names, look around page 323 of the big PDF manual. Looks like it might get covered near the bottom of that page"

Thanks mate, I will look more deeply into this.

Sonar X2 Producer 64 bit
    Windows 7 64 bit
    garrigus
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8599
    Re:Two Simple Questions Regarding X1 2011/01/28 17:31:33 (permalink)
    To change multiple track parameters, select the tracks you want to change. Then Ctrl+click on the control to change that control in all selected tracks. This feature is called Quick Groups in the SONAR help.

Scott

--
    Scott R. Garrigus - Author of the Cakewalk Sonar and Sony Sound Forge Power book series. Get Sonar X1 Power - Today! Go to: http://www.garrigus.com/

Publisher of DigiFreq - free music technology newsletter. Win a free SoundTech Vocal Trainer Package, go to: http://www.digifreq.com/digifreq/

Publisher of NewTechReview - free consumer technology newsletter. Win a free i2i Stream Wireless Music Pack, go to: http://www.newtechreview.com/newtechreview/
    Keebo
    Re:Two Simple Questions Regarding X1 2011/01/28 18:15:06 (permalink)
    Thanks, Scott.  I forgot about the Ctrl part of the operation.

Sonar X2 Producer 64 bit
    Windows 7 64 bit
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1