UA 25 EX doesn't work with Reaper 64 bit anymore

Author
Babazon
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2013/08/19 06:21:38 (permalink)

UA 25 EX doesn't work with Reaper 64 bit anymore

Hello
I've been using this box with Reaper 32bit to record vocals and duo-mic record the acoustic guitar/cello. No problems at all, I scrolled down to Ua25ex on reaper device list and it just worked.
Now, on reaper 64bit, same driver, same device, same laptop: I can find it in the device list, reaper doesn't alert me with any error window or anything: but the meters don't move a bit. Recorded wave forms are blank.
I have to monitor through cakewalk's phones output, and I hear everything (including my neighbours having sex, apparently. These samson condenser mics are so sensitive)
Nothing on the meters.

I have to ditch this cakewalk and buy a behringer or something within a week if this continues. Can't record the vocals. (Have had too many problems with m audio fast track interfaces. Went through more expense than the price of that device to get it to work. Ended up selling it to a dude. Doesnt work with amd well, doesnt work on laptop usb power well, no adapter is provided with it etc etc)

Why is this happening?
Is my ua25ex dead? (it stayed in the same spot for years now, never fell or got in a platonic relationship etc)

PS: I have used 2 different laptops, 4 different xlr cables, the midi cables for my midi keyboard, and my gt10, different combinations of all switches and buttons. Yes I made a permutation table and tried everything.  Some screenshots provided.

2 Replies Related Threads

bobguitkillerleft
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 944
    Re: UA 25 EX doesn't work with Reaper 64 bit anymore 2013/09/07 06:49:23 (permalink)
    Hey,
    I have that same device,but unfortunately I only use X2a PE,and I only use a VS-100 now[got it real cheap on fleabay used,but perfect cond. for $163 AUD],anyway I have only EVER used the UA25-EX with X1,first with Studio,then with Producer,and always in 64 bit[W7 H.P and W7 Pro. on 2 different machines],anyway you do know THOSE UNIT'S are only "USB 1.1" NOT USB 2.0? 

Therein may lie your problem? Iv'e only used Reaper when ver.4 first came out[onboard realtek ASIO4all],and I was too busy learning Sonar to give it a decent run,but the more recent versions,could easily have phased out compatibility with USB 1.1 devices,especially in 64 bit? 

Cockos have always been extremely proud of how "light" Reaper's coding is,so I wouldn't at all be surprised if THIS was the deal perhaps?

Sorry I can't be[a LOT] more helpful,but I saw "posted 3 weeks ago-0 replies"and thought at least I know that device.
    Good Luck
    Bob

https://soundcloud.com/rks26https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hitmen Lenovo W540 Factoryrefurb SONAR PLATINUM,Ozone 7 N.I. KA6 Komplete 9 SSD4 Platinum Epi L/H LP Custom Headstock broken twice and fixed.Gibson L/H Les Paul 2010 Wine Red Studio stupid Right Hand Vol.Tone for Left Hand?LH84Ibanez RS135 gen.FloydRose JB Marshall 100w 2203 4x25w Celestion Green backs
    "You are what you is"-Frank Zappa "But I'm gonna wave my freak flag high"-Jimi Hendrix    
    ChristopherM
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1921
    Re: UA 25 EX doesn't work with Reaper 64 bit anymore 2014/05/20 13:21:33 (permalink)
    I use a UA-22 under Win 8.1 64-bit with Roland driver v1.0.2. This has a hardware switch for sample rate, similar to UA-25EX. With the UA-22, I find the corresponding ASIO device "disappears" from any app's viewpoint if the app is already configured (or defaults) to use ASIO at a sample rate other than the one that the UA-22 is physically switched to. For example, if the UA-22 is switched to 44.1k and I start up Sonar configured for ASIO 48k, Sonar starts with a warning message that there is no suitable audio device available. Kontakt 5 behaves slightly differently, instead offering to use the UA-22 in WASAPI mode. Meanwhile, any apps using other than ASIO start up just fine. I therefore strongly suspect that this is a bug in Roland's ASIO driver.

The workaround is to power down the UA-22, flip the hardware switch to the "expected" rate and power it up again. This restores normal ASIO functionality.  Could something similar be happening in your case? I notice that the UA-25EX seems to be set to 48k and there is some reference to 44.1 on the Reaper prefs page in your pix.

EDIT - OOPS! Just noticed I'm responding to a rather old post!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1