UA releases SSL 4000 E Channel Strip and Moog Multimode Filter Plug-In Collections
Universal Audio has announced the release of several new plugins for their UAD-2 and Apollo Platforms as part of the UAD Software v9.1
update. Alongside the new UA-developed SSL 4000 E Channel Strip
and Moog Multimode Filter Collections
, this latest software release features three new plug-ins from UA's direct developers –– Softube's OTO BISCUIT 8-bit Effects
, plus Brainworx's bx_subsynth Subharmonic Synthesizer
and Fuchs Overdrive Supreme 50 Amplifier
plug-ins.SSL 4000 E Channel Strip Collection – $299$149 upgrade price from legacy SSL E Series Channel Strip plug-in
Introduced in 1979, the SSL 4000 E console brought a modern sound to the world, powering more platinum-selling records than any other. Its bold, punchy character and dynamics has made the SSL 4000 a true industry standard and a bastion of modern recording.
In close partnership with Solid State Logic, Universal Audio has unveiled the all-new SSL 4000 E Channel Strip Collection
for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces — an exacting end-to-end circuit emulation that goes far beyond UA's original SSL 4000 E Channel Strip plug-in.
UA's team of engineers dug deep into the SSL 4000 E hardware, faithfully modeling the original preamp's Jensen input transformers and dbx "gold-can" VCA output section. By capturing the preamp's signature nonlinear amp behaviors, the new SSL 4000 E Channel Strip Collection offers all of the expansive, punchy, deep, assertive character of the original hardware.
Owners of UA's acclaimed Apollo audio interfaces can track in real time with SSL's vintage analog channel, like having the original hardware. The SSL 4000 E Channel Strip Collection plug-in also supports Universal Audio's Unison technology, giving Apollo users the SSL 4000 E's all-important impedance, gain staging, and circuit behaviors that have contributed to making it a legendary hit-making console.
SSL 4000 E Channel Strip Legacy Plug-In Key Features:
- An authentic end-to-end circuit emulation of SSL's iconic analog channel strip exclusively for UAD-2 and Apollo interfaces.
- Includes Jensen transformer and Input amplifier modeling and other nonlinear circuit behaviors.
- Exacting nonlinear circuit emulation of both Type E "black" and "brown" knob channel EQ and filters.
- Flexible VCA Compressor range, from transparent to "in your face" aggression.
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of the SSL 4000 E's preamp including precise impedance matching.
- DSP-lite SSL E Series Channel Strip Legacy plug-in included.