UA-1G - can't hear playback

Author
IA
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2011/01/15 14:53:19 (permalink)

UA-1G - can't hear playback

I bought the UA-1G to do digital transfers from my old DAT tapes to my PC.  I use Cubase 5.5 to record, and my DAT player is a Panasonic SV-3800.  I have headphones hooked up to the UA-1G.  I am able to successfully record from the DAT to Cubase, and while Cubase is recording, I hear the sound fine through the headphones.  After recording, however, when I go to play back  what I've just recorded, I hear nothing through the headphones.  The sound was definitely recorded, as I can see it in the waveform and the meters in Cubase are active.  I just can't hear it.  Jumper 4, the input monitor is set to "on" (bottom position).  I always get a little confused when it comes to monitoring, I've tried toggling the monitor button on the recorded track in Cubase but still I don't hear anything.  I also notice that there is no activity on the "out" meter on the UA-1G.  Thanks in advance for your help!

4 Replies Related Threads

Chappel
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2300
    Re:UA-1G - can't hear playback 2011/01/15 15:05:35 (permalink)
    All input monitoring does it pass whatever comes in the inputs directly to the outputs so you can hear it independently of the signal going through the computer. If you're sure that you have successfully recorded audio the reason you can't hear it may be that the UA-1G isn't set as the output of the audio tracks.
    IA
    Re:UA-1G - can't hear playback 2011/01/15 15:55:06 (permalink)
    Thanks!  It's weird - for some reason Cubase wouldn't let me select the UA-1G as an output, but the sound played anyway and the out light on the UA-1G was flashing - so somehow it got selected.  Thanks again for your help!
    IA
    Re:UA-1G - can't hear playback 2011/01/15 18:51:17 (permalink)
    Having the same trouble again.  Can hear sound on recording through UA-1G but not on playback.  I know this isn't a Cubase forum but I wonder if this issue is related to the UA-1G - when I go into VST Connections in Cubase, it shows the UA-1G in the Inputs section, but then "Not Connected" is checked in the Outputs section.  When I go to change that in Outputs, the drop down menu lists "Not Connected" (checked) and then UA-1G below.  When I try to select UA-1G, it won't let me - it's not grayed out or anything, it just won't change from "Not Connected".  For some reason when I first replied, I got sound to play back even though I thought it wouldn't let me change that setting from Not Connected.  So I have no idea why sound played that time.  Anyway, it's back to not playing, and I still can't change Not Connected to UA-1G on the Outputs.  Any suggestions?  Thanks again.
    Chappel
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2300
    Re:UA-1G - can't hear playback 2011/01/15 20:00:41 (permalink)
    Well, I know nothing about Cubase so I can only guess. It's important that your project audio sample rate match the setting on the UA-1G. It's important that the advanced driver be on. If you make any changes to the UA-1G you have to unplug it then plug it back in. I've been using it with Sonar for several months without a single problem. Sorry I can't be any more help.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1