UA-25EX big problem !!!

Author
RocketPQ
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20
2011/03/12 19:52:06 (permalink)

UA-25EX big problem !!!

thanks everyone for reading me , here's my config , windows 7 x64, 8Go , phenom quad, sonar PE 8.5 x86, UA25-EX ,
here is my problem
i bought a new UA-25ex , and i figured that is a sound card for recording vocals with sonar PE , am i right or wrong ?
i installed the driver, and it seems to be ok, i have noise and crack at the boot up , but nothing else ! no sound, even in the headphone input on the front panel , and the driver is assigned correctly i guess, i can see it in my config of sonar , but no sound !

is the UA-25ex a sound card ? can i use it with the sound card on my pc (both in fact) , wich is a soundblaster X-fi Elite Pro ?
how can i use my UA-25ex for recording ?
i bought this cakewalk produst , especially for working with my sonar, but i'm very disapointed
thank you very much for helping me

Claude Messier
Granby, PQ, Canada 

2 Replies Related Threads

musichoo
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 811
    Re:UA-25EX big problem !!! 2011/03/13 10:44:18 (permalink)
    [size=3 font="times new roman"]Hi Claude,
    Did you make sure that you used ASIO driver on the ua25EX? This is how to do it. 1) Switch the advance button on the back of UA25ex to on. This would enable the UA25ex to use ASIO with Sonar. 2) Start Sonar. Go to option-audio-advanced tap and change the driver mode to ASIO.
    My equipment is very similar with yours. Sonar 8.5PE, i5 CPU, 4GB RAM, UA25ex and M-audio audiophile 2496. I have the 2496 PCI soundcard installed in my desktop. I like its low latency and good playback of softsynths. But I also like to use the UA25ex to record vocal and guitar because it has XLR inputs with good preamps and a Hi-Z input for guitar and bass. It worked perfectly with sonar8.5, maybe because the same company designs them.

This is how I use had both the m-audio 2496 (soundcard) and ua25ex (usb audio interface) connected to my computer at the same time. The windows will only allow me to use one of these devices at at time. I would only connect the UA25ex to my computer only when I need to. Then I would go to Sonar’s option-audio driver, I would see that my m-audio 2496 soundcard checkbox is darken and selected while the ua25ex checkbox is greyed and cannot be selected. I must first unchecked all my m-audio inputs and outputs, it is only then the ua25ex checkbox is darken and became available for use.

[size=3 font="times new roman"]I hope this would help.

Choo Shi-Hwei, Malaysia

RocketPQ
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 20
    Re:UA-25EX big problem !!! 2011/03/13 11:34:05 (permalink)
    Hi Musichoo, thank you very much for your help, i will try it for sure, first of all , i will install my soundcard on my pc, and than follow your instructions,
    Thank's again

Claude Messier
    Granby, PQ, Canada 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1