UA25-EX won't unistall and won't install

Author
oldstrummer
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2011/03/17 07:54:03 (permalink)

UA25-EX won't unistall and won't install

HELP! UA25-EX unistall.exe has a red cross thru it. Install.exe just tells me to run uninstall first. So I can do neither and my UA25-EX stands useless. Win 7 64 Ultimat so Roland Cleanall will not run either. I have cleaned Registry, and tried System Restore several times, no avail. Cake Support willl not admit me, seems my registration destroyed by my change of email. So I cannot reach Cake for any help.

1 Reply Related Threads

oldstrummer
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:UA25-EX won't unistall and won't install 2011/03/20 05:24:04 (permalink)
    More info - This appears to be a common problem and has arisen spontaneously - likely from a Windows Update or Service Pack SP1. However restore points have not worked - prior points get wiped by SP1, and removing SP1 (takes several hours) still does not allow prior Restore Points to be invoked. The following have failed -
    Complete Registry purges after every attempt, by Regcure
    Attempts to remove all UA debris with Revo - Revo finds nothing whatsoever
    Searching for, in Explorer, and removing every instance of the character string UA25 from drive C:
    Repeating all attempts with Kaspersky PURE disabled - completely
    Repeating all attempts both with the UA25ex box disconnected and connected
    Repeating all attempts with 6 individual copies of the one existing driver for Win 7 64 - ie version 1.0.0, each downloaded on different occassions, but always with all the above debris purges, Regcure 100% cleans carried out first

I respectfully suggest that Cakewalk will have to issue an updated driver for Win 7 64 bit, because some Windows update or Service Pack has rendered the original driver 1.0.0 inoperable. It is incapable of install, nor of removal. As worldwide users adopt Windows Updates and Service Packs, a growing cross section of us will experience the same problem. This is clearly already happening.

The problem manifests itself thus -
    UA25EX stops working, sometimes in the middle of an operation, ie the song plays, then stops playing. Silence.
    Yet selecting the motherboard sound chip instead of the UA25ex, allows music to resume, with no reboot necessary. This demonstrates that the problem lies wholly with the UA25ex box or its driver. Also other USB devices continue to function as normal.
    Sometimes, but not all, UA25 reports that it cannot play, because it is already in use by another program. It reports this even when invoking Windows Task Manager proves that no other programs are in fact running at all. So this error msg is false, and the UA25 has always been capable of supplying music to say Sonar and to Windows Media Player, simultaneously.
    Then you Unistall the driver, expecting to clear debris, then re-install (Note that Roland Cleanall cannt run under Win7 64 - the debris has to be purged with Regcure)
    The you attempt re-install. The box appears - already exactly described many times on the Internet - which tells you that you must run Uninstall first. You do so.
    BUt after the necessary reboot, the same box appears with the same message, but now Unistall.exe has a red cross through it. So now you can neither Unistall, nor Install, nor make any music or sound through the UA25ex. The onboard sound continues to play perfectly.
    I have now been through this sequence of actions perhaps thirty times, with each and all of the prior purges and precautions described above.
    SO many other users are complaining of the same thing, that it is time for Cakewalk to ACT.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1