Author
meneedit
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 17
2011/06/23 22:54:44 (permalink)

UA-4FX Sound Init Problem

Hi guys have a look at this thread here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/f../viewtopic.php?t=320870

This is a big problem I am having at the moment and I am pulling my hair out as I think it might be the UA-4FX itself.
It happens in Audition, FL Studio and Winamp, so it's definitely not prgram specific. As I say, I think it's a sound initialization problem.

I really hope somebody else has come across this problem. I just want to get it sorted out.

Thanks for your time everybody.
post edited by meneedit - 2011/06/23 23:15:27

7 Replies Related Threads

Chappel
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2300
    Re:UA-4FX Sound Init Problem 2011/06/23 23:41:55 (permalink)
    Is the UA-4FX the default playback device for Windows? If not, is the Advanced Mode enabled?
     This device has digital effects, including a compressor. Those could cause some playback problems if the settings were wrong for what you want to do. Are all the FX Off?
    meneedit
    Re:UA-4FX Sound Init Problem 2011/06/24 00:36:00 (permalink)
    yeah its the default playback device and advanced is on. and all the FX knobs are turned hard left so the effects are off.

What exactly is the advanced driver? I've never been able to find any info on it.

P.S. thanks for the reply mate :)
    Billaboard
    • Total Posts : 18
    Re:UA-4FX Sound Init Problem 2011/06/24 02:36:16 (permalink)
    I only have a UA-3FX, which is working well with Audition, so I may be way off beam. My understanding is that with the switch not in Advanced mode, you are using Windows native inbuilt usb drivers, whereas in Advanced Mode you are using Edirol/Cakewalk drivers that provide asio drivers as well as (and here I'm not sure which) either Windows drivers or Edirol versions of Windows drivers.

If it's Audition 3 you are using, that uses asio drivers, so the Advanced switch should be on and you should select the appropriate driver in Audition. Not Audition Windows Sound - this uses the Windows drivers.

The other thing to check is that in the Windows Control Panel audio section, all the default sample rates in the Advanced tab are set to the sample rate you are using.
    I haven't got the UA-3FX to hand at the moment, but some usb audio interfaces I've tested seem to reflect the Windows settings into the asio drivers, so you might be invoking the Win7 (awful) sample rate converter.
    Chappel
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2300
    Re:UA-4FX Sound Init Problem 2011/06/24 02:41:08 (permalink)
    The advanced driver is the device's own driver and allows you to use higher sample and bit rates. With the advanced driver off the device only operates at 44.1 kHz and 16 bit no matter what other settings are made to the device. When using the device as the system default playback device you might have conflicts between Windows and other software trying to share the device, especially if the sample rates/bit rates are different. If you keep the UA-4FX as the default system playback device I suggest changing the system sound scheme to NONE to avoid Windows trying to access the device while you're using it with another application.

The UA-4FX Manual comes in two parts. Below are links to both. I hope they will help you discover if you have any conflicts between applications or find other useful info.

UA-4FX manual pt 1 Owners Manual

UA-4FX Manual pt 2
    Advanced Operation

And it's always a good idea to make sure you have the most current and correct drivers for your operating system. If you make any changes to the device you will need to unplug it and then plug it back in.

UA-4FX Product Product page. Drivers are found by clicking the Download Tab
    , Manuals are found under Support.
    meneedit
    Re:UA-4FX Sound Init Problem 2011/06/24 03:22:00 (permalink)
    I should have specified that I am using XP and I have Audition 3.

Where abouts is this "scheme"?

Here's a screenshot of the control panel sound settings:

But i'm assuming that you're not talking about that scheme.

Here's a screenshot of the UA-4FX settings:

I was going to take a screenshot of the Auditions "Audio Hardware settings" but i've run into a new problem..... ever since I removed the last few traces of my "Creative Audigy 2ZS" this morning Audition has been coming up with this error:

It came up with the error earlier (after removing the Audigy WDM driver) but I changed Audition's "Audio Hardware settings" to Edirol UA-4FX and it went away for a while. Now it's back.
    post edited by meneedit - 2011/06/24 03:23:08
    meneedit
    Re:UA-4FX Sound Init Problem 2011/06/24 03:42:04 (permalink)
    Ok that last audition problem I mentioned is fixed. The main problem still exists though.

here is a screenshot of the audition settings:

meneedit
    Re:UA-4FX Sound Init Problem 2011/06/26 07:16:16 (permalink)
    Chappel

The UA-4FX Manual comes in two parts. Below are links to both. I hope they will help you discover if you have any conflicts between applications or find other useful info.

UA-4FX manual pt 1 Owners Manual

UA-4FX Manual pt 2
    Advanced Operation

I've got the latest XP driver and i couldnt find any help in the manuals unfortunately, but thanks for the help though :)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1