UHE - Satin - New Tape Plugin - (Out May)

Author
Crowned One
Bronze Member
  • Total Posts : 174
  • Reward points: 0
2013/04/04 09:42:10 (permalink)

UHE - Satin - New Tape Plugin - (Out May)

In advance of the Musikmesse, u-he has sneaked a peak of the Satin “authentic tape simulation and beyond” plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Urs Heckmann on Satin:
Basically… Satin is not just a tape emulation. I’m thinking of it as “all of tape”
Without being modelled after specific gear like Diva, Satin still has a mix and match approach. There are various pre-equalisation and post-equalisation curves to choose from as well as various noise reduction techniques and a choice of tape speed, plus a few head/gain adjustments. The sound of tape ranges from subtle to drastic. The adjustable noise level is irresistable.

u-he’s upcoming tape emulation plug-in Satin: Will It Blend?
Satin features
  • Continuous tape speed control from 7.5 to 30 ips.
  • Saturation with realistic bias and hysteresis, wow & flutter.
  • Rec/repro equalisation, selectable industry-standard curves.
  • Tape delay with up to 4 repro heads, on-the-fly flanging.
  • Head adjustments, various coating formulae.
  • No squirrels or other rodents inside.
Satin is expected to be released in May, 2013.

Look very interesting!

2 Replies Related Threads

Crowned One
    Bronze Member
    • Total Posts : 174
    Re: UHE - Satin - New Tape Plugin - (Out May) 2013/07/26 02:38:12 (permalink)
    http://www.u-he.com/cms/satin

Looks like it is getting closer, I know it was pushed back after some tester feedback.

Will be interested to try it out.
    Bajan Blue
    Silver Member
    • Total Posts : 1396
    Re: UHE - Satin - New Tape Plugin - (Out May) 2013/07/26 08:10:41 (permalink)
    Looks interesting, but for me will depend a little on the price  -I have ReelBus and Magnetic already so this would have to do something very different (which I think it might reading the specs). I do use Reelbus and Magnetic, but not all the time.
    But end of the day, price will probably be a main contributing factor. Hopefully also a demo - I received an email about Sugar Bytes WOW2 which looks very interesting, but there is no demo, so have not thought any further.
    Nigel

As a  tribute to Lou and as a bit of fun we've just done a cover of I'm Waiting for the Man by Velvet Underground if anyone would like to hear it
    http://www.youtube.com/user/DevineLie/videos

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1