URGENT: Inquiry on Purchase of SONAR Artist

Author
acosean
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2017/10/30 06:10:22 (permalink)

URGENT: Inquiry on Purchase of SONAR Artist

I received an email notice that SONAR products are now being offered at a 30% discount. As I was intending to purchase SONAR Artist, it is timely for me because I now need only to pay $69.30 instead of the usual $99. However, I did not dare to commit to my online purchase because it says it is for the duration of 1 year only. Can I confirm that it simply means I get free updates within 1 year, but 1 year later, I can still get to my SONAR Artist software except that I longer receive updates?

Second question - what if in the near future (could be within a year or after a year), my laptop crashes that I need to change another one, or that I'm upgrading my OS from Windows 7 (current) to Windows 10 in the future, do I have to pay again to re-install Sonar Artist? Thanks!

4 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 21858
    Re: URGENT: Inquiry on Purchase of SONAR Artist 2017/10/30 06:16:13 (permalink)
    acosean
    I received an email notice that SONAR products are now being offered at a 30% discount. As I was intending to purchase SONAR Artist, it is timely for me because I now need only to pay $69.30 instead of the usual $99. However, I did not dare to commit to my online purchase because it says it is for the duration of 1 year only. Can I confirm that it simply means I get free updates within 1 year, but 1 year later, I can still get to my SONAR Artist software except that I longer receive updates?

Yes

acosean
    Second question - what if in the near future (could be within a year or after a year), my laptop crashes that I need to change another one, or that I'm upgrading my OS from Windows 7 (current) to Windows 10 in the future, do I have to pay again to re-install Sonar Artist?

No

IOW, using the one-time payment plan or after completing 12 consecutive payments using the monthly payment plan, the software is yours to use forever. There is no requirement to make any additional purchases. The software may be installed on more than one machine as long as only one instance of SONAR is in use at a time.
    acosean
    Re: URGENT: Inquiry on Purchase of SONAR Artist 2017/10/30 06:25:44 (permalink)
    Thanks so much for your prompt reply, I appreciate it!
    acosean
    Re: URGENT: Inquiry on Purchase of SONAR Artist 2017/10/31 06:12:48 (permalink)
    Now that I've purchased SONAR Artist online and having made payment using PayPal, I received confirmation emails regarding my purchase. Before that, I did download the free trial period of SONAR Artist, and now it is still within the free trial period (i.e. not expired yet). With my purchase, how do I turn my installed trial version into the "full purchase version" so that a few days later when it expires, I can continue to use it perpetually? Thanks.
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 21858
    Re: URGENT: Inquiry on Purchase of SONAR Artist 2017/10/31 08:08:57 (permalink)
    I am not sure that is possible. Demo versions are not complete versions of SONAR. I would perform a clean install using a fresh download of the full product.
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1