UVI Soundsbank updates

Author
msorrels
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1025
2018/04/02 01:52:43 (permalink)

UVI Soundsbank updates

I logged into my UVI account today to check what Falcon expansions I had and noticed that a bunch of the UVI soundbanks I've bought have been updated (several times even), without any announcements. 

Nothing seems to have been updated very recently (for me), but I ended up re-downloading all of Vintage Vault 1 -- since every single thing had been updated since I last downloaded.  One interesting change was the size of Xtreme FX, it basically halved from 9gigs to 4.5gigs (better compression I suspect). 

If you login to your account you can see the current version of soundbanks and download them.  Inside the UVI player if you select a soundbank, at the bottom of the info panel(scroll down) you can see what version you currently have.  They do have change notes on the website, though they seem a bit lacking in details, most of the releases list only "minor fixes".  Pretty much everything I have bought had an update.

If you have a few UVI soundbanks you might want to login and check.

https://www.uvi.net

-Matt

2 Replies Related Threads

Zo
    Max Output Level: -25 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5036
    Re: UVI Soundsbank updates 2018/04/02 01:55:11 (permalink)
    Thks , is it some small dowload or the whole thing each time ?

For sale  (PM me) : transfert ilok included
    Eventide Ultrachannel make offers
    Softube Summit EQ
    IK Neve 1081 , Neve precision Comp/Lim
    EastWest Goshtwriter
    Soundforge Pro 12

msorrels
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1025
    Re: UVI Soundsbank updates 2018/04/02 11:44:44 (permalink)
    You have to download the whole thing for every soundbank (since they are ultimately just single giant .ufs files).  For Vintage Vault you can pick and choose the parts, but in my case since everything had been updated it meant downloading the whole thing.  Which took a while.  Also interesting is that several of them got larger too (Xtreme FX was the biggest shrinkage), sometimes a lot larger.  Not sure what exactly that means but a few listed added sounds in the change notes, though I suspect they were missing things (no other way to explain an extra 2-3 gigs of space added on). 

I was just kind of surprised given the level of changes these soundbanks had and no way to keep updated.  Usually instruments aren't updated all that often.

-Matt

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1