UVI Workstation is a GREAT REX player

Author
lightninrick
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 972
2008/11/09 09:20:19 (permalink)

UVI Workstation is a GREAT REX player

I had a problem with the RXP plugin last night--I just couldn't get it to load a REX or RX2 file, no matter what I did. (I guess I better reinstall it.) Anyway, I ended up going through my plugins to see what I had that could handle a REX file, and I found the free UVI Workstation that I recently installed. I am SO glad that I did.

This thing allows you to load multiple REX files, each to its own player slot, with its own MIDI channel if you like. You can export the MIDI file to a separate track, just as with RXP, so you can play the slices in any order you like. You can transpose the full clip playback over multiple octaves, great for drum clips in particular. You can add up to four effects on AUX sends, including compression/limiting/modulation/delay/reverb/EQ/etc.

The whole thing is terrifically stable and easy to use. It's just so much better than RXP. It's easily on a par with Halion player as a REX player, although of course it doesn't come with the 4GB of content that's packed with Halion player. (It does include about 400MB of free instruments, including a very good Rhodes electric piano emulation.) And it's free.

You can get it here: http://www.uvisoundsource.com/

UVI sells add-on nstrument packs for this plugin. I haven't checked any of those out yet, but I just might. They certainly did a hell of a good job on the player.

Regards, lightninrick

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1