Unable to save recording

Author
sarac
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2011/03/01 00:36:44 (permalink)

Unable to save recording

I am having the same message -any ideas? Thanks!

1 Reply Related Threads

Thovarf
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re:Unable to save recording 2011/03/05 00:33:25 (permalink)
    sarac

I am having the same message -any ideas? Thanks!
    Sarac:

Not encouraging.

After 2 weeks I again began to get the "Unable to save..." message.

This was Customer's Support's response:

Thank you for contacting Cakewalk. I apologize for the confusion. Take a look the Available Disk Space readout at the bottom of the Cakewalk window. If it says you're low, then you're low, and you'll need to clean up some space. To do this, choose Tools | Clean Audio Disk. Click Find, and once all the files are located, choose Delete All. Make sure you empty your Windows recycle bin afterward, in case the files were sent there. You can also do this under Start | Programs | Accessories | Systems Tools | Disk Cleanup.

In Vista or Win7, go to the Control Panel | Sounds, click on the Recording tab. Highlight the USB Audio Codec and click Properties.  On this page, click on the Advanced tab.  If Audio Codec defaults to the microphone as a 1-channel device, instead of a 2-channel device, try switching it to 2-channel. 

Try moving the latency slider towards the safe side. Change the "Number of Buffers" to 2. If that number doesn't help, try 8 and move the buffer slider towards Safe.

If that alone doesn't work, please click the Options button at the top of the Audio Creator Toolbar. Make sure the Driver Mode is set to WDM (32bit). If it already is, try ASIO instead.

If all else fails, go to Start | Open the 'Run' command. Copy and paste the following into the prompt:

%appdata%\Cakewalk

This will open your Cakewalk Application Data folder, right-click on the Audio Creator folder and choose rename. Rename this folder Audio Creator Backup.

Relaunch and try recording again.
    I had already tried several of these methods without success.  I've now done all, except the last batch also (ignoring the space tip because my Windows 7 PC is a new device with a hard drive 10x the size of my old XP machine that never gave me any problems).

I can't get the ASIO Drive Mode to take on my PCV without it losing the recording device so that's no help.  I will give Pyro another shot tomorrow but since I can't record more than 30 minutes without a crash, I'm thinking I may need to change my device and software.

Does anyone know of a USB turntable/software combo that is Windows 7 compatible?  It sure isn't Pyro!

Thovarf
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1