Unblind screenset hotkeys?

Author
RexRed
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 453
2018/06/03 01:17:25 (permalink)

Unblind screenset hotkeys?

How do I unbind the screensets from the number keys?

I really do not use the screensets often and I would rather use ctrl + number keys to access screensets and the number keys for frequent tool menus in Melodyne.

I unbind the screenset key and it seems to be hardwired in...

Cakewalk will let me bind them to crtl 1-9 and 10 being 0 but it does not seem to release the numbers
Thanks for any help in advanced.

8 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Unblind screenset hotkeys? 2018/06/03 01:29:45 (permalink)
    Try binding the keys to "Do Nothing" in the Global Area
    RexRed
    Re: Unblind screenset hotkeys? 2018/06/03 02:52:20 (permalink)
    That is a brilliant answer Scook. It is a good workaround, although, that breaks the screenset function so that Cakewalk does not recall screensets (only one), I can live with that outcome.

The ctrl + (number) does switch screensets but there is only one screenset that gets recorded in internal memory not 10. That one screenset gets duplicated across the board. (at least that is what I think I am observing here)

Until there is a better solution this works for me. THANKS!
    scook
    Forum Host
    Re: Unblind screenset hotkeys? 2018/06/03 03:07:48 (permalink)
    CTRL+number are predefined as copy from screenset functions.
    SHIFT+number are not in use. Try binding them to the screenset functions in the Global area.
    RexRed
    Re: Unblind screenset hotkeys? 2018/06/03 05:36:16 (permalink)
    Oh wow! Now I have my screensets back too! Thank you very much Scook for your help and superbly knowledgeable response! :)

chris.r
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 206
    Re: Unblind screenset hotkeys? 2018/06/03 16:39:21 (permalink)
    A question, if you bind the number keys to "Do nothing", then you can't bind them for a different purpose, is that right? If they were hard-wired to switching the screensets there's no way to change that to another function if one doesn't use the screensets?
    scook
    Forum Host
    Re: Unblind screenset hotkeys? 2018/06/03 16:52:42 (permalink)
    A Key combination may be bound to one function per area only. "Do Nothing" is a function like any other. It is possible to bind the numbers currently assigned to screensets to different functions. The only special treatment the numbers have is undoing custom bindings cause them to revert to their original screenset binding.
    chris.r
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 206
    Re: Unblind screenset hotkeys? 2018/06/03 19:19:21 (permalink)
    That's good to hear, thanks scook!
    RexRed
    Re: Unblind screenset hotkeys? 2018/06/04 03:15:05 (permalink)
    I bound the number keys to "do nothing" this allowed me to bind them in Melodyne (being a different program on top of Cakewalk). I could have left them and bound the screensets to another key combination also then the screensets would have two ways each to access each screenset.

Cakewalk does nothing when I hit the number keys and that is perfect for my purpose.

I work sometimes for many hours in Melodyne and using the ctrl and a number combo is a big stretch with one hand and if I use two hands I lose my mouse place.

Contrarily, I change screensets a lot less frequently, if ever, so hitting the numbers accidentally threw off my entire view moreso than not.

I use screensets when I have tons of tracks such that separating instrument types can help me avoid lots of scrolling in track view. If I am changing screensets then my mouse position is not as critical usually and using two hands to access a particular screenset is not an issue because my mouse position often reorients with the screenset change anyway.

This tip of setting the number keys to do nothing was a BIG HELP!

I can still click on the screensets with my mouse to change them also.

Once the number keys are set to "do nothing" globally I doubt they can be used within Cakewalk after that but Melodyne or any other program with hotkeys that sits within and on top of Cakewalk can sure make use of them.

I did not test if the number keys could be bound to a different function within Cakewalk as that was not my particular need at this point.

I would have stumbled over the ctrl + number key assignment had you not told me about that also. This work-around works brilliantly! Again, many thanks Scook!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1