Undo Redo

Author
Marah Mag
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1000
2008/07/13 23:06:12 (permalink)

Undo Redo

I would like the option of being able to save a project's Undo History between sessions.

This would let you seamlessly bridge sessions, even across intervening projects.

Also, because doing a fast unload-reload of a project or of Sonar itself can sometimes be desirable, being able to save the undo history would be less disruptive to an otherwise ongoing session. Sessions could be opened and closed without a second thought.

Also, rather than waiting for a project to be closed, an Undo History file should be updated continuously, or at least each time Sonar is saved (without prompting, please!) A "Save Undo History" checkbox can be added to the prompt you get when trying to close an unsaved project (and the dialog should retain the last-selected option, please!)

If saving the Undo History could be incorporated into the auto crash recovery function, that would be very nice.

I would also like the Undo History dialog to timestamp and provide more detail about each event (e.g., the tracks involved in a bounce) and -- this alone would be a really helpful improvement -- to insert an indication each time the project has been saved.

Being able to save the Undo History isn't a substitute for stability and reduced crashing, but it would definitely make crash landings a little softer.

(It shouldn't go without saying that Reaper has all or most of these features.)
post edited by Marah Mag - 2008/07/13 23:43:36

3 Replies Related Threads

John
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 30467
    RE: Undo Redo 2008/07/13 23:18:13 (permalink)
    Yep I feel a feature request coming soon.

Best
    John
    Superfly76
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 234
    RE: Undo Redo 2008/07/14 00:30:51 (permalink)
    That's a great Feature Request. I would love that feature.

My Revostock Portfolio
    Me on ABC News in China! I'm the one with the dreads and backpacker guitar.
    Jonbouy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 22562
    RE: Undo Redo 2008/07/14 01:30:22 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Marah Mag

I would also like the Undo History dialog to timestamp and provide more detail about each event (e.g., the tracks involved in a bounce) and -- this alone would be a really helpful improvement -- to insert an indication each time the project has been saved.

This would complement (nay, make very useful) the Usage Logger really nicely. Not only for crash landings but sometimes I can think 'actually this sounded better 2 days ago before I overworked it' and to be able to be transported back there would be very cool.

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
    In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1