Undo

Author
JohnrC
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 393
2006/03/19 09:48:57 (permalink)

Undo

I'm just a guitar picker. These fandangled synthamobobs sure are shiny. But I wish there were some Undo capabilities to bail me out of all my poor decisions.

Guitar Rig II has an awful lot of buttons to get yourself into trouble with, but my favorite buttons are probably Undo and Redo. They affect pretty much any change in any parameters including patch naming.

If I requested this feature, would I be alone in wanting it? Do you think the developers would feel sorry for me enough to add the feature? Ouch. Just realized that I can myself into the same trouble with z3ta+.

6 Replies Related Threads

René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Undo 2006/03/19 10:47:15 (permalink)
    Undo is definitely one of the features where Plugins need to improve. I would say that less than 1% of all plugins in the market feature some kind of undo functionality.

So, short answer is no, you won't be alone. We'll be on it in the future, definitely.

-René
    naughtyhill
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1037
    RE: Undo 2006/03/20 01:57:51 (permalink)
    Hi René,

I find it very frustrating sometimes that there's no undo in most plugs.
    Sometimes when i've smoked a little too much of the J, I slip with my mouse and lose a setting

What do u recommend?
    Less smoking, a more precise mouse,
    or an undo/redo function in Dimpro for the next update?

Oh and can I ask u (dont mean to be rude) why the Dimpro update is delayed till early April ?

René
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Undo 2006/03/20 08:17:42 (permalink)
    Undo is unfortunately not an easy thing to add once the plugin structure is complete. Still, I have high hopes we could do some sort of it in a future update. Not in next Dimension Pro though, that one is already closed.

There're a couple of components in the slip for the Dimension Pro update. One of those is that we introduced a significative amount of useability, sfz format and performance enhancements in the Rapture cycle, and after releasing Rapture it was clear by everyone here that those needed to go into Dimension Pro as well, even when they were not originally scheduled.

As a consequence of this, Dimension Pro users will get those as part of the upcoming update. This will make a much better experience for users with both Rapture/Dimension Pro in terms of common interface gestures, etc. There's a nice load of small, not press-release-tagged things in the update.

There's another component related to the new platforms, formats and machines (ProTools 7, Universal Binaries, Intel enabled Mac) we're boarding: those components are really new, and scarce. I was in Boston beg-mar, and I wasn't able to bring my Intel enabled Mac by then. Fortunately now they're in the office, up and running.

I know what you're thinking right now: "I don't care about Intel enabled Mac". Believe me, you do. Even if you're a "I-Love-Bill" soul, you do want to have more Dimension Pros all over the place. That'll give you more third party support, more banks, patches, programs and samples, longer product lifetime.

Anyways, we're almost there, testers are trying hard to make it fail.

-René
    naughtyhill
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1037
    RE: Undo 2006/03/21 01:56:09 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: René
    There's a nice load of small, not press-release-tagged things in the update.
    -René

oooohhh Yummy !!!

U dont hear me complain at all sir!
    It's just that i always hated waiting for presents.
    When i was just a little kid a year seemed an awful long time to wait.

Woops it's spring already.
    Time goes by soo fast when youre having fun.

Cheers,

NaughT.

JohnrC
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 393
    RE: Undo 2006/03/21 03:44:34 (permalink)
    Thanks, René. Hope there's a way. If in the meantime it were easier to even have the ability to store/save the current state of plug-ins, with a 'revert to' button, it might help me to keep faking it for a while.

Just thinking out loud.
    lawapa
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: Undo 2006/03/21 21:41:38 (permalink)
    JohnrC: This is not a undo function but if when using Sonar and making edits to Dimension you get to a point where it's not working, Close Sonar and don't do a save. Reopen and your back to start. Also if you clone a track and edit for effect if it can't work you still have the original and can delete the clone. It's just a work around but it can save you a lot of frustration.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1