Undoing the compressor in MC2?

Author
fanzzz
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 430
2007/02/08 21:34:35 (permalink)

Undoing the compressor in MC2?

I used the compressor in there and am not sure how to undo it. I unfortunately saved it and would like to undo it. You can undo it when you are using it during a session, but once you save and close um....?

It's the one where you right click and go to compressor. It has no no help information on it and doesn't say who it's by, guess it's Cakewalk, but it doesn' say that.

I can't access it in the "FX" part of the track tab. All that says is or shows is my reverb effect, but no compressor. What to do? Am I stuck here? Don't want to redo that whole song for sure. I could delete the track if I had to I suppose and redo the vocals on it(they are the main vocals), but it will actually affect a lot of the other vocals on there if I did delete it and may be hard to line it all back up again. It's one thing to line up harmonies with your main vocal track, but another thing to try and line up your main vocals with harmony tracks you did. Might be harder to do.

3 Replies Related Threads

wickerman
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1039
    RE: Undoing the compressor in MC2? 2007/02/08 21:53:05 (permalink)
    Once you 'Apply' then save and exit - you can no longer step back - you have destructively edited the audio.

If you are going to do destructive editing, make a backup copy of the project before doing any editing. Otherwise you should be able to 'undo' while still in the same session.
    Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: Undoing the compressor in MC2? 2007/02/08 21:54:17 (permalink)
    If you right clicked on the waveform and then clicked OK or APPLY on the compressor properties page, then you applied the compressor directly to the waveform. Once you've saved the project and can't UNDO, then it's permanent. If you didn't save a dry version of the track, then...pardon my french...you're screwed.

if you don't want to apply it to the track like that, then you need to right click in the FX bin and choose it, it will then add a little "compressor" to the FX bin, place a little green light beside it and open the properties page for you to adjust it.

Another suggestion is to make a copy of the track before you apply the FX, that way you still have the original dry track if you ever need to revert back.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    fanzzz
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 430
    RE: Undoing the compressor in MC2? 2007/02/09 18:06:09 (permalink)
    Yeah, good thing I didn't at least leave a wacky compressor setting on there-like an expiramental one with too much gain and saved and closed. It's doable.

I don't really want to redo the vocals on there.

Guess I'll just have to try using the compressor effect in the FX, as mentioned.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1