Updated (new suite) - FREE VST PLUG-IN LINKS

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
Doc_Hollingsworth
Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2289
RE: FREE GUITAR VST PLUG-IN LINKS 2009/05/27 10:03:46 (permalink)

Doc
MacBook Pro 15.4 Retina (mid 2015)
Focusrite Clarett 8PreX & OctoPre
Logic Pro X 10.2.4/Reason 9.2/Pro Tools 12.7
Long haired dachshund - requisite studio dog (no short hairs need apply - read the sign)

SteveStrummerUK
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31112
RE: FREE GUITAR VST PLUG-IN LINKS 2009/07/15 20:01:46 (permalink)
BUMP

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Doc_Hollingsworth
Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2289
Re: RE: FREE GUITAR VST PLUG-IN LINKS 2009/09/01 21:14:40 (permalink)
Bump

Doc
MacBook Pro 15.4 Retina (mid 2015)
Focusrite Clarett 8PreX & OctoPre
Logic Pro X 10.2.4/Reason 9.2/Pro Tools 12.7
Long haired dachshund - requisite studio dog (no short hairs need apply - read the sign)

SteveStrummerUK
Re: RE: FREE GUITAR VST PLUG-IN LINKS 2010/01/10 04:34:57 (permalink)

BUMP

Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re: RE: FREE GUITAR VST PLUG-IN LINKS 2010/01/12 16:20:04 (permalink)
This defiantly deserves a bump and thank you peeps for compiling this list.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
silvercn
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1238
T-Sledge - is there a user's manual available 2010/01/15 11:30:34 (permalink)
Hi - I have T Sledge and like it, but wondering if there is a manaul of some kind that might give an overview of the presents, or some further details about working with the unit?????
SteveStrummerUK
Re:T-Sledge - is there a user's manual available 2010/01/15 16:28:01 (permalink)
silvercn

Hi - I have T Sledge and like it, but wondering if there is a manaul of some kind that might give an overview of the presents, or some further details about working with the unit?????

Hi there Charles

This is all I have on the T-Sledge:

Welcome to T-SLEDGE!

Installation

1. copy the plugin file to the vstplugins folder of your host application.
2. restart the host application.
Done at all!

Overview

With T-SLEDGE, you can get even better results than any other multi-band compressor for mastering or some else.  It is equipped with peak limiter, level maximizer and 4 compressors/expanders/limiters.

And it is equipped with 2 kinds of dividing filter IIR/FIR. So, it also operates as a dynamics EQ. (Needless to say, internal 64bit process & all samplerate support)

The core-compressor is just a mastering quality makes clear and hi-quality sound for all dynamics process. Certainly T-SLEDGE has many parameters and the operation of it is not easy, but don't worry to use it, there are many useful presets for many situations it will surely help your works!

Short reference

Threshold:
Controls the threshold of compressing/limiting.
The signal at a level that is larger than this value is compressed.

Ratio:
Controls the ratio of compressing/limiting.
It operates as an expander when this value is smaller than 1.0.
When this value is maximized, it operates as a limiter.

Attack:
Controls the attack time of compressing/limiting.

Release:
Controls the release time of compressing/limiting.
It makes the sound smooth, if you choose the large value.

Soft:
Sets the soft/hard mode of compressing/limiting process.
While the soft mode compression gradually compresses the threshold
When the hard mode compression reaches the threshold by the signal, it immediately compresses. There a little differences using it, but it makes compressing/limiting process smooth or vivid.
At the present stage, this function becomes effective only to the compression processing.

ARC:
Sets the automatic release time control system. (Sets all compressor and limiter release time ARC)
Automatically ARC calculates the release time.
If you want to create loudness sound, I recommend to turn it off.

IIR-FIR:
Sets the dividing filter type.
If you want to use for mastering, I recommend to use FIR.
FIR filter cause a little latency, but it's no more than 1ms.

Gain:
Controls the level of each output signal.

Input Gain:
Controls the level of input signal.

Knob:
Ctrl+Left-Click -> Fine adjustment of the value.
Shift+Left-Click -> Link adjustment of the value.
Ctrl+Shift+Left-Click -> Fine link adjustment of the value.

VU Meter:
Range 0dB <-> -40dB

MIDI controller mapping

CC74 - LF-LPF
CC75 - LMF-LPF
CC76 - LMF-HPF
CC77 - LHF-LPF
CC78 - LHF-HPF
CC79 - HF-HF

System requirement

CPU: Intel Pentium, and compatible CPUs
V/G: At least High Color(16bit) support

Minimal configuration:
Pentium 400MHz
64 Mb RAM
800x600 High Color(16bit)

Update information

v1.48 -> v1.496
- Minor optimization
- Automation bug fix
- GUI bug fix
- Internal function changes
- Compiler change

SteveStrummerUK
Re:T-Sledge - is there a user's manual available 2010/03/14 18:03:31 (permalink)

Bump

SteveStrummerUK
RE: FREE GUITAR VST PLUG-IN LINKS 2010/04/01 04:16:32 (permalink)

Mesh
  • Total Posts : 27360
RE: FREE GUITAR VST PLUG-IN LINKS 2010/04/01 10:55:47 (permalink)
Hi Steve,
Many thanks for this list of VST's!!!!
In your vast experience of using these FREE ones, (generally speaking) have you had any bad experiences (corrupted files, Sonar crashing, or even your system crashing)?
The reason I'm asking is I've read it somewhere that these freebies have a high potential to be corrupted and so I'm a bit skeptical on downloading them. Is this true?
Thanks,
Mesh 

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
SteveStrummerUK
RE: FREE GUITAR VST PLUG-IN LINKS 2010/04/02 10:32:36 (permalink)

Hi there Mesh

I can't vouch for each and every VST plug-in those links lead to simply because I haven't installed and tried them all.

However, in the course of my research I should imagine that I've downloaded and tried out close on a thousand free plug-ins and I've only had problems with a few of them (only 5 or 6 IIRC).

The problems I encountered were either that the VST scan was unable to successfully scan them in (in one case the VST scan froze up completely) or that when loaded into SONAR, a couple of plugs have frozen SONAR.

In all fairness, neither problem would be classed as serious - I removed the plugs that wouldn't scan in the first case; in the second case it was simply a matter of loading SONAR in 'safe mode' and deleting the offending plugs before removing them completely from my system.

Generally speaking, the well know free plug producers, and the free stuff from companys that also sell plugs can be trusted; I can vouch that I've never had any problems using (the excellent) free stuff from:
  • AcmeBarGig
  • Antress
  • Kjaerhus
  • Voxengo
Also, as a rough rule of thumb - the free stuff listed on the KVR website seems to be pretty trustworthy and reliable.

Mesh, there are also some great free plugs in >>THIS THREAD<< (that I put together with forum member 'Legion') that have certainly been tried and tested.

In short, my advice would be to try each new plug one at a time - then if you do encounter a scan or load problem you'll know exactly which VST caused it and you can remove it from your system.  However, if you stick to the more popular free stuff, you'll most likely never have a problem at all.

Hope that helps

Steve

post edited by SteveStrummerUK - 2010/04/02 10:39:34

bitflipper
01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
  • Total Posts : 26036
RE: FREE GUITAR VST PLUG-IN LINKS 2010/04/02 11:45:56 (permalink)
In your vast experience of using these FREE ones, (generally speaking) have you had any bad experiences (corrupted files, Sonar crashing, or even your system crashing)?

YES! Perhaps not with these specific plugins listed in this thread, but I am generally very dubious of all freebies after a few bad experiences. At present, the list of free plugins that I trust enough to use on a daily basis is very short.

Use any freebie with caution. Whenever SONAR crashes on you, suspect that freebie first.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
Mesh
  • Total Posts : 27360
RE: FREE GUITAR VST PLUG-IN LINKS 2010/04/02 13:48:35 (permalink)
SteveStrummerUK

Mesh, there are also some great free plugs in >>THIS THREAD<< (that I put together with forum member 'Legion') that have certainly been tried and tested. 

I definitely appreciate your contribution and have saved these links in my Fav. for reference. This kind of thing is really helpful to newbies like myself who's always trying to learn better and elegant ways to improve the quality of our mix's.
I suggested in the Sonar PE forum to reserve a section (maybe in the Admin section) where experienced Sonar producers/engineers can provide details of techniques they've used to get a certain effect (similar to what the big record producers do on the popular CD's we hear today/yesterday), but didn't really get any replies. (I think that thread was started by a fellow Sonar user not happy that Cakewalk doesn't have any current tips articles in some magazine (Future Music...I think), just like other softwares (Ex:ProTools) get tips from famous record producers.) 

I thik we have more than enough talented producers/engineers within our forum where they could share their experiences to achieve a specific effect and everyone would benefit.....just my 2 cents :)

Thanks Again Steve!! 

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
SeveredVesper
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1120
RE: FREE GUITAR VST PLUG-IN LINKS 2010/04/02 15:04:59 (permalink)
Mr. AcmeBarGig, if your amp VSTs work, then this i say to you:
THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME A HELLLOAD OF CASH FROM BUYING AMPLITUBE,A POD, OR EVEN WORSE A REAL LIFE HIGH END AMP! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!
But until further notice, i thank you, but not too much yet.
(It sucks that my guitar is currently at my friends house and it's 3:00 am here so i can't get it.)

Check out my band's song on YouTube!

SteveStrummerUK
RE: FREE GUITAR VST PLUG-IN LINKS 2010/05/29 17:20:25 (permalink)

Bump

SteveStrummerUK
RE: FREE GUITAR VST PLUG-IN LINKS 2010/06/23 13:48:21 (permalink)

lightninrick
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 972
RE: FREE GUITAR VST PLUG-IN LINKS 2010/06/26 22:02:39 (permalink)
bitflipper

In your vast experience of using these FREE ones, (generally speaking) have you had any bad experiences (corrupted files, Sonar crashing, or even your system crashing)?

YES! Perhaps not with these specific plugins listed in this thread, but I am generally very dubious of all freebies after a few bad experiences. At present, the list of free plugins that I trust enough to use on a daily basis is very short.

Use any freebie with caution. Whenever SONAR crashes on you, suspect that freebie first.

There are exceptions to every rule.  In general, I tend to trust freebies from people who also sell software products, because a) they tend to know how to write software, and b) they have good reason to provide quality freebies--it's potent advertising for the product line.  These incentives for quality tend to apply to both independent developers like Ugo and Guido Scognamilia and larger software companies, such as Native Instruments and Ultimate Sound Bank (or Cakewalk). 

In short, when you're thinking about adding a freebie to your lineup, think about the developer (individual or company) first, function second.  Anyway, that's my rule.

Regards, lightninrick

Sonar X3 and 8.5.3 
Windows 7 64 bit
Digitech RP360XP/Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Studio Cat Pro laptop i7
16 GB RAM

Rbh
Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2349
RE: FREE GUITAR VST PLUG-IN LINKS 2010/06/26 23:59:47 (permalink)
I think that I've downloaded and demoed probably 200 + free vst's and VSTi's.... in maybe 6-7 years.  I can say that I've run into 3- 4 that have either not launched correctly or have been non functioning on my XP 32 bit system, never found a true virus or harmful artifact  among any of them.  I have to say that is a pretty good tell tale sign that there are basically honest people who are giving of there hobbies and hard work out there in audio land. Kudo's for you who program and experiment for the good of the recording / engineering/ producing community.

I7 930 2.8 Asus PDX58D
12 Gig
Appollo
CbB, Sonar Pro, Reaper, Samplitude, MixBuss
 Win7 Pro

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=902832
planetearth
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 763
RE: FREE GUITAR VST PLUG-IN LINKS 2010/06/27 11:47:12 (permalink)
Kudo's for you who program and experiment for the good of the recording / engineering/ producing community.

Definitely!

We sometimes forget to thank these people, either with a simple note or a donation, and that's a shame. I'm guilty of it too, of course. I download half a dozen plug-ins (I know, I know...I'm addicted. I need help.), try them out...and I'm off working in SONAR for a few hours before I go to bed.

I usually get my plug-ins from KVR and Don'tCrac[k], so I don't remember who makes each one, and that sort of "cuts" the tie to the manufacturer. I'm making an effort now to get the plug-in directly from the manufacturer's site, and note how I can thank that person before I bookmark the page.

This may not work for some of you, but if SONAR does crash, or if you have any other problems with the plug-ins, please let the developer know. That way, you can try to keep the problem you're having from becoming someone else's problem, too. Some developers are grateful, some don't even respond, but you can at least feel you returned the favor of helping someone who's helped you.

Now, if someone will help me get down from my soapbox, I'd appreciate it. I have to head over to KVR and Don'tCrac[k] to see what's new!

And thanks again for compiling this list!
post edited by planetearth - 2010/06/27 11:48:18

SONAR Platinum ▪ NI Komplete, Korg DLC, Arturia V5 Collection, Dimension Pro, IK Multimedia & other synths ▪ Les Paul, Peavey and Yamaha guitars. Listen to some of my stuff here: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife . Comments from other SONAR users are always welcome!
RockingChair
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 803
RE: FREE GUITAR VST PLUG-IN LINKS 2010/11/28 13:36:04 (permalink)
Bump! Lot's of good freebies in this thread!

Thanks,

Bobby

ston
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 965
RE: FREE GUITAR VST PLUG-IN LINKS 2010/11/29 10:47:59 (permalink)
Cool thread!

Here's a personal favourite of mine that I've used for yonks (a free VST synth); it's Andreas Errson's Iblit:

http://www.bostreammail.net/ers/iblit.html

(I didn't see that site in the original posted list).

It has excellent, gob-smacking filters - great for squelchy, fat sounds.  There are a few other freebie VSTs on the site too (including a polyphonic version of Iblit!) :-)
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1