Helpful ReplyUpgrading from Professional to Platinum (pay-monthly)

Author
mark_round
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2017/01/30 05:37:34 (permalink)

Upgrading from Professional to Platinum (pay-monthly)

Hi all!

I've finally succumbed to the lure of Sonar Platinum - drum replacer was the final missing thing that tipped me over the edge :) I already have a Sonar Professional subscription - I've had it for over a year, so I now have a permanent license and am just on the update plan now. I just purchased the Platinum subscription, and it's now showing up as a separate item in my account, and also as a separate subscription under  "Membership details".

How do I go about upgrading my currently installed Professional version to Platinum ? If I run Cakewalk Command Center, will it recognise the new Platinum subscription and upgrade it for me (and download the new bundled plugins etc.) ? Or will I have to do a fresh installation ?

Also, after I have got Platinum installed, will I be OK to cancel my Professional subscription ?

Thanks!

-Mark

scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Upgrading from Professional to Platinum (pay-monthly) 2017/01/30 05:55:51 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby mark_round 2017/01/30 06:10:57
You should see both products in the Command Center. The Command Center will not upgrade Professional to Platinum, instead it will install Platinum into a separate directory, overwrite the shared components and plug-ins.

If you wish to remove Professional, do so before installing Platinum. The best way to do this is follow these instructions http://www.cakewalk.com/S...n-Install-Instructions. The difference being instead of reinstalling Professional, install Platinum. Of course there is no requirement to remove Professional from your PC and it does not take up that much space because most of it is also installed by Platinum.

There is no need to uninstall Melodyne or Addictive Drums. They are the same for both versions except you will have 3 more drum kits, midi packs and instruments to choose for AD2.

You will need to cancel the Professional monthly payment program.
mark_round
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Upgrading from Professional to Platinum (pay-monthly) 2017/01/30 06:11:41 (permalink)
Oh awesome! That's great. That also means if I cancel the Platinum subscription at any time, I can always fall back to my perpetual Professional installation. Thanks so much for the quick and very helpful response! Looking forward to making great things with my shiny new Platinum install now 
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1