Helpful ReplyUploading original material to SoundCloud

Author
fasosu
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2016/05/17 02:54:45 (permalink)

Uploading original material to SoundCloud

I have a profile on SoundCloud.  I mainly use Music Creator 6 Touch to record music on.  I am a multi-instrumentalist, so when I record songs, there are at least 2 tracks per project.  These are recorded as individual, separate .wav files, while the entire song is either a .cwp or .cwb file.  Now, whenever I've tried uploading something to SoundCloud, it'll only upload ONE of these track files.  I want ALL the files for the entire songs combined together, not separated.  SoundCloud won't upload the .cwp or .cwb files.  And the mp3 converter doesn't combine individual track files together, either.  So, my question is, how do I upload the song, in its entirety?  What do I need to do?  I'm sure I'm missing something, but have no idea what.  

Thanks for your help.
Guitarhacker
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 24398
Re: Uploading original material to SoundCloud 2016/05/17 07:51:36 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jimfogle 2016/05/18 18:34:33
You need to EXPORT the song project. This is also called "mixdown" where the tracks are all mixed down or exported to a single stereo wave. I think MC6 still used the WHAT YOU HEAR option for exporting.... select the tracks you want exported, choose export from the list..... choose your settings and press OK. Be sure to specify a destination in a folder you can find easily.

Once you've done that, you can put it on Soundcloud  without any issues. I convert it to MP3 after I have it in it's exported wave.  Several song server sites prefer the song to be in MP3 format.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
fasosu
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Uploading original material to SoundCloud 2016/05/18 00:33:38 (permalink)
Thanks!!!  That was a BIG help.  
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1