User Sound Libraries for Rapture and Dimension Pro

Author
Markus Copol
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 691
2007/01/15 14:58:22 (permalink)

User Sound Libraries for Rapture and Dimension Pro

I realized at other forums like "Native Instruments" there is a contribution from users in regards to new sounds and libraries shared together.

I know that our friends here in the past have shared some of their work . I know of the P5 uploads, but I think we can do much better ! Something more specific.

Do you think we can entertain such an idea? to come up with a page that is dedicated only to users who share their sounds with others.We can categorize and so on.

The only propblem,,,,,who is going to carry the flag........

4 Replies Related Threads

lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: User Sound Libraries for Rapture and Dimension Pro 2007/01/15 20:15:10 (permalink)
    Great Idea. I've posted a few things at P5 myself. And tried to get the ball rolling on a few colaborations. Rene has said he would post it at the rgcaudio site. But Rene's contribution_ the synths we all use and can't do without is already great.

I'm up for most things where we could either share or colaborate for cool usable sounds. That's just my nature. I am not trying to undercut the great Pro devs doing working sets for Dpro/rapture but there is room for the raunchy/raw/home grown fun stuff.
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: User Sound Libraries for Rapture and Dimension Pro 2007/01/16 10:17:46 (permalink)
    who is going to carry the flag
    Isn't that the guy who gets picked off with the first volley?

It is a good idea, Markus. Here's some forum history on an earlier attempt. I dropped the ball for my part in that, yet there was only limited (but quality) participation from a few people. So the presets, .sfzs and samples end up scattered all over the place. We may be victims of our own 'embarrassment of riches'. There's tons of patches that come with DP/RP now, including the Expansion Packs.

I'm sure that it's a small percentage of users that choose patch creation over using existing presets. And it's an even smaller fraction of those who care to share patches without looking fo compensation or something in return. I like the title of the new Wusik initiative: Preset Exchange. Not that it should be a requirement, but it implies taking whatever you want, but giving a little back.

Yet you'll notice that even that got bogged down initially and mired in opinion and controversy. I've thought about alternatives (let's face it: it has to be as easy and painless as possible to succeed, but protected against the fate of something like Patch Arena). Maybe even a stickied page of links to consolidate individually hosted sets. But that tactic excludes anyone willing to contribute without access to their own space.

So I suppose that it takes a single dedicated individual to pull it all together, or a like-minded committee with compatible interest. But without steady help from all sides, it places an unfair burden on the few that take on management. We've seen that scenario played out with techead and Mike at the Project5 Wiki.

So which comes first: the chicken or the egg? "If you build it," they don't necessarily come, but without a place to go, there's nowhere that you can find out for sure.
    cryophonik
    Max Output Level: -28 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4724
    RE: User Sound Libraries for Rapture and Dimension Pro 2007/01/16 12:23:54 (permalink)
    Have you considering starting a Yahoo Group specifically for Cakewalk Synths? Each group has a dedicated folder for sharing files. I've found some good preset banks/programs for my Access Virus, Nord, and Novation synths on these groups.

cryophonik   |   soundcloud  |   Facebook

Q6600 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Windows 7 64 | 8GB
    Access Virus Keyboard TI2 | Kurzweil PC3X | NI Maschine

Markus Copol
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 691
    RE: User Sound Libraries for Rapture and Dimension Pro 2007/01/16 14:10:02 (permalink)
    I agree . Hard to tell how successfull that would be. I would imagine the whole thing would be an easier task if Cakewalk helped us with it.

Hey lets cheer up guys....at least NAMM 2007 is on the way !!!!! I am sure we will be compensated with something else maybe !!!!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1