Using EZ Drummer 2 EZXs in Superior 2.0

Author
jmasno5
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 453
2014/08/20 22:38:57 (permalink)

Using EZ Drummer 2 EZXs in Superior 2.0

I just made a discovery many of you may or may not know. 
When you load an EZ Drummer 2's updated EZXs into Superior Drummer 2.0 you get  many more options to control the sound.  The obvious is more control of the bleeds.  This dated back to EZD 1.  Now with the updated EZXs and the new effects added, you can control the effect amounts independently for each drum, or add the same effects to different channels.  You're not boxed into the "one Knob" EZD 2 gives you.

But what caught me off guard is the following.  When you look at the  EZ Drummer 2's mixer, you are actually looking at the Sum Buses.  You may only have one kick and one snare channel.  When that EZX is loaded into Superior Drummer 2, you get the same Sum Buses but also in the mic mixer section you get the break out for the Kick and Snare.  You can control both Kick in and out mics and the snare's top and bottom mics independently.  Very cool.

I know, I get excited about stuff like this.  I figured I get a lot of good tips from the forum maybe this will be good for someone who wants to upgrade to Superior Drummer 2. 

John Masarone - J Mas No. 5
jmasno5.com
broadjam.com/jmasno5
masarone.bandcamp.com
SoundCloud Set List
Intel i5, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 64bit, Scarlett 18i20
Sonar Home Studio 4 & 7, Studio 8.5, Producer X1, X2, X3, Platinum and now... Cakewalk by BL and Studio One!

1 Reply Related Threads

Mesh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 27360
    Re: Using EZ Drummer 2 EZXs in Superior 2.0 2014/08/21 13:06:25 (permalink)
    Excellent tip J Mas!!
    I too have enjoyed using Superior Drummer's extensive features to control/tweak bleeds etc....the problem is (most of the time) I'm just too lazy to spend the time in tweaking it (LOL) and thus, now have decided to sell my license. I probably should just upgrade to EZ Drummer 2.

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
    I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
    250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
    Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
    HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    The_Forum_Monkeys
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1