Using Loops and samples

Author
graham1010
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19
2005/11/05 02:37:17 (permalink)

Using Loops and samples

Hi I've used sonar for a while and basically recorded all my stuff live , or recorded a verse for example and pasted it. I've never really got into all the samples you get with magazines with drum loops etc. Basically where do I start with this sort of recording. Has sonar producer got this stuff already , may seem like a silly question. are there any forums linked to this area .

many thanks

2 Replies Related Threads

raggletaggle
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 144
    RE: Using Loops and samples 2005/11/05 09:23:19 (permalink)
    This is an extremely wide ranging topic -- there are kind of two separate trains of thought here : Loops vs samples.

In terms of using samples, my personal recommendation to get you on the right track is to consult the help file in sonar. The tutorials in the help file really helped me understand soft synts and utilizing samples better. Go through the tutorials on tss-1, cyclone, MIDI, etc to start getting a broad overview of the topic. Sonar comes with some samples to get you going, and depending on your system and soundcard, you may have some soundfonts as well that you can tinker with.

As far as loops are concerned: again, in the help file you'll find tutorials on loops, the loop explorer, and the loop construction view.

Hopefully these things will get you started. I'm sure you'll have plenty of questions as you work further into it. I used to be an audio "purist" and would shy away from loops, samples etc.. but once I saw the true power and flexibilty sonar (and soft synths) give you, I never looked back!
    raggletaggle
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 144
    RE: Using Loops and samples 2005/11/05 09:36:56 (permalink)
    oh...and vsampler, too. Don't forget to check out the info on that one.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1