Helpful ReplyVC-64 Plugin: Can I use it in Sonar 5? If so, where can I get it?

Author
D from London
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 42
2010/12/12 19:33:36 (permalink)

VC-64 Plugin: Can I use it in Sonar 5? If so, where can I get it?

Hello everyone,

Is anyone out there familiar with the VC-64 plugin; it comes with Sonar 6. 

I'm using Sonar 5 and am only now becoming familiar with the program and how to use it to produce my own vocals, hence my reluctance to buy/upgrade to Sonar 6. 

Does anyone know if I that specific plugin would work in Sonar 5?  If so, any idea where I can download/get/buy that plugin?

By the way, does Sonar 7 come with that plugin or is it exclusive to Sonar 6?  If anyone has ever used it, would they be kind enough to let me know if it's any good? 

I use Sonar 5 to record, edit and produce vocals and it's proven to be user-friendly but it's missing a de-esser and de-popper (if they exist); would anyone know of a Sonar 5 plugin or a Sonar plugin that would work in Sonar 5 that would help me remove excessive siblance and vocal pops?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

D in London
Jonbouy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 22562
Re:VC-64 Plugin: Can I use it in Sonar 5? If so, where can I get it? 2010/12/12 20:09:14 (permalink) ☄ Helpful
D from London

Hello everyone,

Is anyone out there familiar with the VC-64 plugin; it comes with Sonar 6. 

I'm using Sonar 5 and am only now becoming familiar with the program and how to use it to produce my own vocals, hence my reluctance to buy/upgrade to Sonar 6. 

Does anyone know if I that specific plugin would work in Sonar 5?  If so, any idea where I can download/get/buy that plugin?

By the way, does Sonar 7 come with that plugin or is it exclusive to Sonar 6?  If anyone has ever used it, would they be kind enough to let me know if it's any good? 

I use Sonar 5 to record, edit and produce vocals and it's proven to be user-friendly but it's missing a de-esser and de-popper (if they exist); would anyone know of a Sonar 5 plugin or a Sonar plugin that would work in Sonar 5 that would help me remove excessive siblance and vocal pops?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

D in London

It's available 6 through 8.5, not sure whether it's still in X1.

I've never seen it available separately, Kjearhaus its developers used to market their own similar product but alas they are no longer around AFAIK.

You could set up the Sonitus Multiband to do what you are asking if that is available in 5
post edited by Jonbouy - 2010/12/12 20:14:02

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
mgh
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8594
Re:VC-64 Plugin: Can I use it in Sonar 5? If so, where can I get it? 2010/12/12 20:11:16 (permalink) ☄ Helpful
it is basically the Kjaerhus Golden Channel - unfortunately Kjaerhus went bust. There are lots of similar software available - for free i'd look at Bootsie's stuff ( http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/ ). i recently picked up http://www.audiomidi.com/...ainer-Deal-P14822.aspx for $20 it's a steal (normally $120) and does a similar job to the VC-64.

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1