VIP Updated to 3.1.1

Author
cclarry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20964
2018/06/06 17:59:53 (permalink)

VIP Updated to 3.1.1

Free Update 3.1.1 for VIP Music Software just fire up your software to update!
New Features:
The VIP mixer solo behavior can now be configured to Exclusive solo. Go to Settings > Preferences and enable the Exclusive solo option.
You can now pass plugin automation parameter names from VIP to your DAW host. Go to Settings > Preferences and enable the Automation parameters to display parameter names option.
Improvements:
Assigning a parameter to a macro control will no longer reset the control name to its default.
Akai Advance series keyboards' LEDs and displays now match when editing macro controls.
Arturia Piano V2's GUI no longer freezes VIP.
Soloed channels no longer get jammed on Mute when using hardware to mute them.
Audio is no longer muted when opening a Multi containing a soloed instrument.
Korg Odyssey presets may now be changed without freezing the UI.
Selecting a parameter for automation in Pro Tools will no longer set its value to 0.

3 Replies Related Threads

abacab
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4464
    Re: VIP Updated to 3.1.1 2018/06/06 21:00:08 (permalink)
    I wasn't having any of those issues, but I updated today anyway.

The update went without a hitch, and VIP 3.1.1 seems very stable here.

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
    BassDaddy
    Max Output Level: -33 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4232
    Re: VIP Updated to 3.1.1 2018/06/07 14:58:23 (permalink)
    Thanks Lars. The one thing I want from VIP is the ability to drag FX from the VIP browser into the DAW.  It could be some kind of container that you fill from the browser. Then VIP is not just used with midi instruments.

It's Bass, not Bass.
    i7 2700K, 16GB DDR3, 2 SSD sample drives and OS drive, HDD SATAIII for projects, 2 24" monitors
    Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, Focusrite VRM Box, LAVA Lamp, SONAR Platinum 64 bit, Mackie MCU and 1 MCU XT, Akai Advance 49, Windows 10,
    Komplete 9 Ultimate, Cakewalk, Toontrack, IK, AAS, XLN, UVI, Air Music Tech, Waves Factory, Sample Tek and Sonivox VSTi's. Overloud, T-Racks, Audio Damage, D16, Nomad Factory, Waves Gold FX 
    abacab
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4464
    Re: VIP Updated to 3.1.1 2018/06/07 19:54:20 (permalink)
    BassDaddy
    Thanks Lars. The one thing I want from VIP is the ability to drag FX from the VIP browser into the DAW.  It could be some kind of container that you fill from the browser. Then VIP is not just used with midi instruments.

I think I see what you are saying, but I don't think the VIP plugin can communicate with a DAW like that. 

So I guess you are implying that you would like to use the FX in VIP with audio tracks as well.  It would be cool if Akai could create an aux audio input in VIP (like if VIP was almost an actual DAW itself) so that you could use the whole VIP plugin as an effect in a bus.  That way you could route audio into VIP, patch in the FX, and send it out to the master in your DAW.

Alternatively it would be sweet if the plugin browser in the typical DAW had the smarts that VIP has, but completely integrated in the DAW.  Maybe we'll see that someday if we are lucky! 

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1