VOCAL NEVERLAND - STARTUP SAMPLE ONLY

Author
THE NIGHT FOX
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 922
2013/07/14 14:01:39 (permalink)

VOCAL NEVERLAND - STARTUP SAMPLE ONLY

Hi ,  heres a very short little vocal sample I started today after making a new VOCAL BOX last night to sing & record in .
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=12409469&q=hi&newref=1

I sort made up the lyrics as I was singing but its a start I guess , haven't sung at all in over eight months so if I sound really rusty at singing thats why but with some daily practice I will smooth things out so I can finished this song the new version of NEVERLAND .
Now that the vocal box is made and works I need to sit down and write the lyrics , thats what I will be working on today and into this coming week .

I know the vocal mix can be better , I did a quick mix for now .

Cheers -James

10 Replies Related Threads

theguitarplayer
    Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3523
    Re: VOCAL NEVERLAND - STARTUP SAMPLE ONLY 2013/07/14 14:13:12 (permalink)
    Keep in mind, the vocals need to stand out front and be loud and clear so people can understand them. Try to keep your reverb, stereo imaging, chorus and harmonic imaging (if used) in their proper perspectives. A nice piece in the works. Can't wait to hear the end results.

Peace and Blessings, John

Sonar X3 Studio, Acid Pro 7, Sound Forge Pro 9, Sonicfire Pro 5, Kinetic 2, Cinescore, HP Pavilion dv7, CORE i7, Q-740, 8gb Ram, Windows 7- 64 bit, 4 tb mem , Audiobox USB, Digitech GNX4, Gibson SG1 & SG3, Martin J65M, Washburn Custom Cumberland, 3 Marshall Amps, Casio 365 Keyboard, M-Audio Axiom AIR Mini 32,  Behringer Truth Monitors, Garritan Aria, EWQLCC, Alloy 2, Ozone 6, Melodyne 

http://www.soundclick.com/JohnRKennedy
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re: VOCAL NEVERLAND - STARTUP SAMPLE ONLY 2013/07/14 14:57:31 (permalink)
    theguitarplayer
    Keep in mind, the vocals need to stand out front and be loud and clear so people can understand them. Try to keep your reverb, stereo imaging, chorus and harmonic imaging (if used) in their proper perspectives. A nice piece in the works. Can't wait to hear the end results.

Peace and Blessings, John

Thanks for the listen and suggestions John , your right vocals should and always be out front so the words can be understood . Once I write down some decent solid lyrics and get that part of the process done and over with then I need to work on getting my vocals recorded . After all of that then the mixing of the vocals has to be mixed correctly . I'm using my software RECORD to record my vocals with and partly mix them before I do a final mix in my other DAW .

Thanks John -James
    Serious_Noize!
    • Total Posts : 950
    Re: VOCAL NEVERLAND - STARTUP SAMPLE ONLY 2013/07/15 20:33:02 (permalink)
    Sounds good James, keep working on it. I can't give you any advice on the vocals because I am not a singer.

Bobby

post edited by Serious_Noize! - 2013/07/16 13:51:08
    Leadfoot
    Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2817
    Re: VOCAL NEVERLAND - STARTUP SAMPLE ONLY 2013/07/15 21:23:51 (permalink)
    I like the sound James! Can't wait to hear the finished product!
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re: VOCAL NEVERLAND - STARTUP SAMPLE ONLY 2013/07/15 21:37:38 (permalink)

Hi Bobby , thanks and NO I don't use any kind of vocal software IT'S ALL ME ! Out of practice singing but with some daily vocal workouts after the lyrics are written I should be in good shape .
    I have been working on finding the right words to use in my lyrics , takes some time to work all that out but hopefully by the end of this week I will have my lyrics written and ready for a test run .

Anyway for the record its always the same two who try to knock me down and my music and you too , they have alot to preach about but nothing to show at their end worth listening to and theres' always a ton of garbage they enjoy throwing at you .

Pay no attention to the attention want to be's , their actions tell the whole story who they really are in real life .

Thanks Bobby for the dropin -James
    Serious_Noize!
    Re: VOCAL NEVERLAND - STARTUP SAMPLE ONLY 2013/07/29 18:49:59 (permalink)
    James, I hope you are still working on this and instead of posting a sample next time post a COMPLETE full song with vocals.

You should post the complete song with vocals, if you need heck I can add lead to it, just send me an mp3 FINISHED song with the vocals added and I can send you a track back, it can be clean or rock distortion, slide, or whatever you want.

Bobby

THE NIGHT FOX
    Re: VOCAL NEVERLAND - STARTUP SAMPLE ONLY 2013/07/30 21:12:58 (permalink)
    Thanks Bobby and yea I'm SLOWLY working on it , last week had some major back issues that sent me to the ER and then a weeks worth of back pain and pain pills to get rid of it . It was muscle related in the back really painful , thats the reason I haven't messed around with it lately but there is some good news . The other day I did finished writing the lyrics , have to try them out and I'm sure I'll be going back and corrected a few things but hey its progress .

Also wife flys back in a week after being gone for three months on her vacation so you know what that means its time to clean clean up the place , well I keep things clean but what the heck I'm sure I'll find something she will **** about when she gets back so I'm covering my butt sort speak .

Thanks for the offer but the music is finished , it just needs vocals now .

James
    Serious_Noize!
    Re: VOCAL NEVERLAND - STARTUP SAMPLE ONLY 2013/07/30 23:05:17 (permalink)
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Thanks Bobby and yea I'm SLOWLY working on it , last week had some major back issues that sent me to the ER and then a weeks worth of back pain and pain pills to get rid of it . It was muscle related in the back really painful , thats the reason I haven't messed around with it lately but there is some good news . The other day I did finished writing the lyrics , have to try them out and I'm sure I'll be going back and corrected a few things but hey its progress .

Also wife flys back in a week after being gone for three months on her vacation so you know what that means its time to clean clean up the place , well I keep things clean but what the heck I'm sure I'll find something she will **** about when she gets back so I'm covering my butt sort speak .

Thanks for the offer but the music is finished , it just needs vocals now .

James

Looking forward to hearing the final version.

Bobby

post edited by Serious_Noize! - 2013/07/31 10:14:02
    Serious_Noize!
    Re: VOCAL NEVERLAND - STARTUP SAMPLE ONLY 2017/11/04 00:51:42 (permalink)
    Well, I tried listening to this, but apparently you are no longer on the forums. Sorry to see that. 

I wish you well and the best moving forward my friend. Take care!

Bobby

Dell XPS 8700, 16GB's Ram, Sonar Platinum.
    jamesg1213
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 21760
    Re: VOCAL NEVERLAND - STARTUP SAMPLE ONLY 2017/11/04 12:02:31 (permalink)
    Hi Bobby, we haven't seen James on here for quite a while. If I remember right, he changed his forum name to 'J.S.'

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1