VS-700 developpement priority

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Dyonight
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 529
2011/02/01 12:49:54 (permalink)

VS-700 developpement priority

I fear that the answer is what everyone don't want to hear...  The VS system devellopement is over.   

Nothing will ever be made to give it the edge we are hoping for. It will forever be "patched" to hardly follow the dance until it will become "too old".  It will work, but nothing will be made to push it to the top we know it can reach and it will never be a priority again. 

The time elapsed speaks for itself.  3-4 years?  What we have is some patches and a new driver that, in fact, was develloped for the octa-capture, not the VS. 

Sonar X1 is the evidence the VS was not at all in the devellopers mind. With the patch it will work, but I doubt this patch will bring something new. It will make X1 work as 8.5 worked with the console, with nothing more and will be left as is for some years until they release a new Sonar and will eventually stop supporting the VS system, or patch it till judgement day comes. 

Cakewalk are nice peoples, but Roland discountinu flagship products without any hint for users... I bought a Rd700sx 3 years ago and when I bought it at full 3000$ retail price they got the rd700gx ONE MONTH after.... No more support for the sx. Same thing for the Fantom X... and vs700??? And since Cakewalk is now out of the hardware design, I fear what Roland plans now... by the way I heard Roland won't devellop any new ARX cards cause they will do something else instead....  Rumours? What show us they can't actually do it? It's been a long time since ARX-03... 

Understand one thing: I JUST WANT TO BE WRONG.... but I need facts now. I need to know that the system still mean something. 

For us users, knowing those things from Roland is impossible, but for YOU at Cakewalk it may be possible...  So please.... could you gather answers concerning the importance of the whole system, future plans and our feature request concerning it?   

And can you assure us that the VS700 will go back to the Cakewalk labs and will be the next priority? After that X1 rush?  

I know there's a lot of feature request that could bring the VS-700/Fantom where it belong: to the top, in it's own class. 

Time is over for promises.... we, faithful consumers, need the truth now, no matter how cruel it is. If the Fantom CANNOT be integrated in 64bits, TELL US PLEASE.  If nothing new will ever happen with the VS, TELL US PLEASE. 

Answers needed please, sorry if I sound negative but optimism ultimately dies when no one feeds it... 

If anyone agree, please add your voice. 

It is important to see how many peoples actually think the same. 

Thanks

40 Replies Related Threads

Dyonight
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/01 13:11:01 (permalink)
    By the way, feel free to dissect my post and destroy every arguments one by one.

Feel free to prove that I am wrong. In fact, this is what I want.
    Norrie
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1665
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/01 13:52:01 (permalink)
    I would very very very much like to see an add on for the VS700 Like what mackie did

Being able to add another 8 Faders to the desk would be a dream to me plus if it was ou on the right side the transport control would be center of the desk and it would kick the arse off of the SL Neculeus http://www.solid-state-logic.com/music/nucleus/

I had a convo with Mully about this before and how awesome it would be to add another 8 bank on the right side!

I can dream I guess :)

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Crg
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7719
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/01 14:04:54 (permalink)
    Dyonight

By the way, feel free to dissect my post and destroy every arguments one by one.

Feel free to prove that I am wrong. In fact, this is what I want.

I can't see into the future, neither can you or Cakewalk or Roland for that matter. A lot of things influence whether or not a peice of equipment will survive. First of all how many were sold, who uses it, what class of equipment it is, whether or not technology outpaces it and one that relates to who uses it, whether or not the bad fallout from discontinueing a peice of equipment that is the hub of someones ( multiple someones ) bussiness, will carry over to other products in the brand name. It won't be decided by whether or not the knobs line up on a plugin.

Craig DuBuc
    Audiounity
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 40
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/01 14:13:54 (permalink)
    Yes, the SSL Nucleus, while it looks nice, only has 2+2 channels of audio usb interface... I successfully recorded 7 channels of audio simultaneously using the VS-700... The Nucleus is poorly thought out in my opinion...
    Norrie
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/01 14:18:15 (permalink)
    Agreed

The VS 700 Kicks its ass! I just like the lok of the Extra 8 faders and would like to see an add on for the Control surface like mackie did :)

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Dyonight
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/01 16:29:32 (permalink)
    Crg

I can't see into the future, neither can you or Cakewalk or Roland for that matter. A lot of things influence whether or not a peice of equipment will survive. First of all how many were sold, who uses it, what class of equipment it is, whether or not technology outpaces it and one that relates to who uses it, whether or not the bad fallout from discontinueing a peice of equipment that is the hub of someones ( multiple someones ) bussiness, will carry over to other products in the brand name. It won't be decided by whether or not the knobs line up on a plugin. 

Of course we can't see in the future but companies have plans for the future. 

They don't decide everything they will do each day in a meeting each morning. They plan things like devellopement and ressources for months to come. And that's my point.

Why they take decisions is not of my concern.  If they reserve something new for the VS IS my concern. If they consider "Feature request" is my concern. 

Let's face it, nothing new as been added since it's introduction.  New UI for the surface doesn't count. New driver for the Octa-Capture doesn't count either.

The knobs in the Prochannel that don't line up just show without doubt the VS is an aftertought, an "obligation" they fix later....

ProMusic27
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 341
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/01 17:44:08 (permalink)
    Of course we can't see in the future but companies have plans for the future. 

They don't decide everything they will do each day in a meeting each morning. They plan things like devellopement and ressources for months to come. And that's my point.

Why they take decisions is not of my concern.  If they reserve something new for the VS IS my concern. If they consider "Feature request" is my concern. 

Let's face it, nothing new as been added since it's introduction.  New UI for the surface doesn't count. New driver for the Octa-Capture doesn't count either.

The knobs in the Prochannel that don't line up just show without doubt the VS is an aftertought, an "obligation" they fix later.... 

Agreed.

Let me tell you something Dyonight... I am a huge Roland fan... I have lots of Rolands... Gt 10, Gt 10 b, JP 8000, JV1080, Fantom G7, A-800 Pro, UA 25 EX,  R-44, R-09HR, DS-7 (pair), VS 100 and, of course, the so dicussed, VS 700. I am an "all Roland" guy... Then, the same about Cakewalk. I am not a infiltrate spy, from another company, trying to denigrate the so immaculate VS 700 system solution, with all hims aclaimed seemless integration...

But, there is one thing I like more than Rolands stuff... My company...

Thats the reason why I Definitely agree with you.

Cakewalk, please, put this things togheter... ProChannel and VS 700 has born to each other... Don't separate them...They are already in love... Let the love flow...

One idea... The only button you guys have to change is the top one (in ProChannels)... Put it in the bottom and... Voila!!!
    You will see the fireworks instantly!!!

Ps. Before release more faders, try to fix what is already there. SSL is in another level...

Peace!

post edited by ProMusic27 - 2011/02/01 17:50:10

Mauricio Monteiro - Brazil
    Intel I7 2.8Ghz 16Gb ram | Win 7 64 | Sonar Platinum 64 | UAD-2 Octo | UAD-2 Quad | VS-700 rack | VS-100 | FaderPort | JBL 4326 monitors | A-88 | Integra 7 | iRig keys 37 PRO | Akai MPD 226 | Full AIRA system | XPS-10 | JP-8000 | Super JV-1080 | R-8 | R-44 field recorder.

Mully
    Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1545
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/01 18:24:18 (permalink)
    Not sure why we think the 700 series may go the way of the dodo.. the X1 release indicates to me that they have been quite occupied for some time.

Across the board the thing that people 'seem' to like about as options for the 700C is the addition of faders and better plug in integration. Apart from these two things, what doesn't it do as a (basic) control surface. Personally I'd love it to be more like some of the Pro Tool surfaces which simply look and function as killers. Nothing left wanting really.

Imagine a C24 surface for Sonar???? Yeah baby... but I am a Instrument Tech by trade so I froth easily over good control gear....

If there was one thing that stands out to me is the number of people who swear by the addition of the Nocturn plug in controller.... that tells me that the 700C could have better integration with plug ins and I would have to agree... it is very hard for the 700C to be the one hat that fits all heads.

...quite hopeful about the coming integration with X1...
    post edited by Mully - 2011/02/01 18:25:27

ASUS H270, i7-7700, JLM BA & 1290, LA2A Opto4, loads of guff.
    Norrie
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/01 18:32:57 (permalink)
    Mully

Not sure why we think the 700 series may go the way of the dodo.. the X1 release indicates to me that they have been quite occupied for some time.

Across the board the thing that people 'seem' to like about as options for the 700C is the addition of faders and better plug in integration. Apart from these two things, what doesn't it do as a (basic) control surface. Personally I'd love it to be more like some of the Pro Tool surfaces which simply look and function as killers. Nothing left wanting really.

Imagine a C24 surface for Sonar???? Yeah baby... but I am a Instrument Tech by trade so I froth easily over good control gear....

If there was one thing that stands out to me is the number of people who swear by the addition of the Nocturn plug in controller.... that tells me that the 700C could have better integration with plug ins and I would have to agree... it is very hard for the 700C to be the one hat that fits all heads.

...quite hopeful about the coming integration with X1...

(whispers) Mully you forgot to say it needs an extra 8 faders on the right :P

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    ProMusic27
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/01 20:14:23 (permalink)
    If they pop with a new 8 fader expansion or something like that, it will be no surprise... Not for me at least... But if They change the ProChannel knobs sequence I will be totally suprised... It takes lots of consumer respect to do such a humble (and just) adjustment.

I am pretty shure that something, between VS 100 and VS 700, is going to be announced by the end of this year, or sooner... And when I say "pretty shure", I mean it... I really do. (really)

Lets keep the vibe alive...

Peace.

Intel I7 2.8Ghz 16Gb ram | Win 7 64 | Sonar Platinum 64 | UAD-2 Octo | UAD-2 Quad | VS-700 rack | VS-100 | FaderPort | JBL 4326 monitors | A-88 | Integra 7 | iRig keys 37 PRO | Akai MPD 226 | Full AIRA system | XPS-10 | JP-8000 | Super JV-1080 | R-8 | R-44 field recorder.

Dyonight
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/01 20:27:25 (permalink)
    Yeah you're right. 

Let's hope they hide things like they did with X1.

Even an add on with control for the Fantom/plugins with extra faders would be absolutely awesome!  Something that nail the new X1.

Norrie
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/01 20:27:44 (permalink)
    ProMusic27

If they pop with a new 8 fader expansion or something like that, it will be no surprise... Not for me at least... But if They change the ProChannel knobs sequence I will be totally suprised... It takes lots of consumer respect to do such a humble (and just) adjustment.

I am pretty shure that something, between VS 100 and VS 700, is going to be announced by the end of this year, or sooner... And when I say "pretty shure", I mean it... I really do. (really)

Lets keep the vibe alive...

Peace.

Something that has 8 faders and can be added to the VS700

Now that would be awesome !!!!!!!

I dont know how hard the codeing would be to make it work if they were to make such a thing but I do know if they made it I would be fight ing to get to te front of the que to get one :D

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Crg
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/01 20:41:53 (permalink)

It indicates nothing. The whole knob thing is rediculous. Should they line up every knob in every window of every effect and synth the console can control?

Craig DuBuc
    Norrie
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/01 20:42:38 (permalink)
    Dyonight

Yeah you're right. 

Let's hope they hide things like they did with X1.

Even an add on with control for the Fantom/plugins with extra faders would be absolutely awesome!  Something that nail the new X1.

+1 on the

With full fantom 64bit of course now that would be a dream machine !!!!

One Controller to rule them all well 2 :P since it would be an add on haha

This will just get me excited and disapointed if I never see it ;(

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Norrie
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/01 20:50:19 (permalink)
    Crg

It indicates nothing. The whole knob thing is rediculous. Should they line up every knob in every window of every effect and synth the console can control?

Craig is right with this

I understand whats being said but at the same time there are not a lot of us VS700 users out there compared to guys that use other gear and they have to be able to cater for all as best they can

I am sure there must be a reason perhaps we will find out with the patch but as long as its not stoping us makeing music its not a major problem

I havent really touched on ACT yet so please correct me if I am wrong on this I am honest and know little about it but .... Could we not do this our self with ACT and decide what we want to control what ? Or am I wrong with this ?

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    ProMusic27
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/02 05:23:18 (permalink)
    Crg

Desagreed... 

They should simply taked care of it in the very beginnin of X1 development. EQ is a basic function, just like faders (volume) and pans(placement). But we already said that. As Frank has posted earlier in other thread. Why they labeled it if they don't have the intention to use as it is? Or, why they don't just respect the sequence? They are the ones who labeled the damn thing. Would you like if the button labelled "mute" become the "solo" button? Why labelling them? I guess there will be changes in the access panel adressment, shure will be. I believe this changes will make a lot of noise too.

Peace.

frankandfree
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 447
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/02 05:34:14 (permalink)
    Nope. Crg is not right at all.
    The situation clearly does indicate that V700C was not taken into account when ProChannel's knob layout was designed. Placing knobs on a GUI is just a design decision, there is no technical reason forcing a dev to have it this way or another. Seth said in the other thread it would be cool to have them match. If the designers of ProChannel had thought alike when time was due, it would have been done, simple as that.

They would have catered users of other gear just as well doing it right.
    ACT can't help here. It's a matter of physical labels on a hardware not matching the order of knobs in the software. You can re-assign as much as you want, you won't change the knob labeled "Gain/Level" being in the top row on the V700C but in the bottom row in ProChannel's EQ.

Crg keeps asking this:
    Should they line up every knob in every window of every effect and synth the console can control?
    Which is an attempt to introduce a straw man argument used to ridicule people who prefer an integrated system's interface layouts to be well thought out and matching where it would have been easily possible and most straightforward. It is not a weird, ridiculous idea, but a valid concern and people expressing it should not be told they are just blowing hot air. How you can say he's right in doing so is beyond me, actually.

That said and on topic, my experience with Roland lets me assume there soon will be a V770 system to replace V700 completely.

EDIT: We cross-posted. My post is in reply to Norrie (and Crg).
    post edited by frankandfree - 2011/02/02 05:37:16
    Crg
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/02 07:15:31 (permalink)
    Which is an attempt to introduce a straw man argument used to ridicule people

Well this has gotten just too rediculous now. Before it turns into a Sh** fight. I see it one way, some see it another way. Have a nice day, I've said all that I need to here.

Craig DuBuc
    Norrie
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/02 07:20:41 (permalink)
    Sorry Guys I just thought wiith the ACT thing you could change it to what you need to.

I use my controller rather than the controlls on the screen( I dont need to lok at that window. so as long as my Controllers doing what it needs then that will be ok but I do understand what you are all woryed about and hope for a fix aswel :)

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Dyonight
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/02 08:27:48 (permalink)
    Double post sorry
    post edited by Dyonight - 2011/02/02 08:49:51
    Dyonight
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/02 08:36:12 (permalink)
    Dyonight

That said and on topic, my experience with Roland lets me assume there soon will be a V770 system to replace V700 completely.

My experience confirm this doubt. 
    Even if Cakewalk know something, when they were bought by Roland they probably had to stick with Roland's method, which consist to not let know anything, at least about Roland's plan. 
    On Roland's forum, there someone who delete post that can reveal unofficial news. 
    Look at their stage piano line... THAT is ridiculous.  A new "groudbreaking flagship" every semester. What about those who bought the "last" flagship?  Too bad they say maybe... Life is life.... 
    What make the VS700 may not have sold enough is not because it is not a good solution, it is because IT IS INCOMPLETE. Who buy incomplete product? People who believe in its POTENTIAL and in the good will of its manufacturer to refine it to perfection. 

With a last go and  consumer requests it is not that far.
    That's where we are. We (at least I...) need to believe they still plan good things and not only patches until it ultimately becomes a legacy product. And four years without upgrades... we're almost there.

Our only hope are guys at Cakewalk.... Roland won't say (do...) anything. They have plans for the VS and that's the point of this thread. 

If they don't have ressource or if the VS700 well be left as-is and it's software patched till the end, we have the right to know.

post edited by Dyonight - 2011/02/02 08:48:17
    Dyonight
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/02 10:13:27 (permalink)
    Crg

One last thing here:  They did the Prochannel, released X1 and said "woups... the VS700 "FLAGSHIP", well let's do a patch...." No one can argue with this, THIS IS AN EVIDENCE.

They should have done: The VS700 is important and we will design X1 WITH HE VS IN MIND, not try to integrate it later.

Audiounity
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/02 13:29:14 (permalink)
    Crg

I understand your point of view but see things in the middle. While lining up very single effect and plugin is ridiculous, lining up the pro channel which is automatically included on every channel is just taking care of basics... It's not an extra, like adding phaser, but the basic part of the strip. I think taking it out of proportion is not balanced, we are musicians and tend to exaggerate small things... So I agree that it isn't as big of a deal functionally as we, including me, can make it seem. at the same time I feel that you exaggerate by comparing the basic nuts and bolts channel strip to exotic plugins that no one can anticipate. ProChannel is automatically included. Also people are latching on to the fact that the VS-700 was not clearly in mind when the GUI of this BASIC feature was created. So... All of us musicians can make mountains out of mole hills.... This middle ground is important, IMHO..
    Samara Krugman
    SONAR REAC
    • Total Posts : 164
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/02 14:30:37 (permalink)
    Dyonight

I fear that the answer is what everyone don't want to hear...  The VS system development is over.   

Nothing will ever be made to give it the edge we are hoping for. It will forever be "patched" to hardly follow the dance until it will become "too old".  It will work, but nothing will be made to push it to the top we know it can reach and it will never be a priority again. 

The time elapsed speaks for itself.  3-4 years?  What we have is some patches and a new driver that, in fact, was developed for the Octa-capture, not the VS. 

Sonar X1 is the evidence the VS was not at all in the developers mind. With the patch it will work, but I doubt this patch will bring something new. It will make X1 work as 8.5 worked with the console, with nothing more and will be left as is for some years until they release a new Sonar and will eventually stop supporting the VS system, or patch it till judgement day comes. 

Cakewalk are nice peoples, but Roland discountinu flagship products without any hint for users... I bought a Rd700sx 3 years ago and when I bought it at full 3000$ retail price they got the rd700gx ONE MONTH after.... No more support for the sx. Same thing for the Fantom X... and vs700??? And since Cakewalk is now out of the hardware design, I fear what Roland plans now... by the way I heard Roland won't devellop any new ARX cards cause they will do something else instead....  Rumours? What show us they can't actually do it? It's been a long time since ARX-03... 

Understand one thing: I JUST WANT TO BE WRONG.... but I need facts now. I need to know that the system still mean something. 

For us users, knowing those things from Roland is impossible, but for YOU at Cakewalk it may be possible...  So please.... could you gather answers concerning the importance of the whole system, future plans and our feature request concerning it?   

And can you assure us that the VS700 will go back to the Cakewalk labs and will be the next priority? After that X1 rush?  

I know there's a lot of feature request that could bring the VS-700/Fantom where it belong: to the top, in it's own class. 

Time is over for promises.... we, faithful consumers, need the truth now, no matter how cruel it is. If the Fantom CANNOT be integrated in 64bits, TELL US PLEASE.  If nothing new will ever happen with the VS, TELL US PLEASE. 

Answers needed please, sorry if I sound negative but optimism ultimately dies when no one feeds it... 

If anyone agree, please add your voice. 

It is important to see how many peoples actually think the same. 

Thanks
    Dyonight,

I am the Product Manager for the VS-700 and I have been part of the team working on the VS-700 for the last three years and will continue to work on the VS-700 for the foreseeable future.

I would like to make this perfectly clear -

VS-700 development is not ending anytime soon.
    The VS-700 is not being discontinued anytime soon.

As I have mentioned in a post in another thread we are currently working on a comprehensive update to provide better integration with SONAR X1. We have been working on this for months. Also as I mentioned in another post, we will not post any specifics about what is in the update until we are further along in development.

The next update for the VS-700 control surface plug-in will be available in early March.

Personally, I find it hard to understand why anyone would think this product was being discontinued. There was a significant VS-700 control surface update last Fall that provided comprehensive integration of the Octa-Capture USB audio interface to expand the I/O capabilities of the whole system. That was a new hardware component to the system and a software update. And yes, there are NEW drivers for the VS-700 and new firmware as part of this update. They are available here:

http://www.cakewalk.com/support/kb/reader.aspx?ID=2007013193

Regarding FantomVS x64 - this is an incredibly complicated issue and we are actively trying to find a viable and sustainable solution. We have no schedule as to when we will have a more permanent solution however we are exploring options. That is sincerely all the information we have right now, and that will have to suffice. As soon as we have more information we will post it on the forum.

Regarding there not being a update for the VS-700 "right away" when X1 was released it would have been impossible - there was so many changes in X1 we had to wait for the dust to settle before we could possible begin to determine the best workflow solutions when using the VS-700 and X1. I highly doubt you all would have preferred some half baked implementation. It takes time to research and think through how to map new controls like the ProChannel, and how to address new workflow concepts like the MultiDock from the control surface.

Finally, I understand the lack of "official" information from Cakewalk can be frustrating, however it does not mean we are not actively working to resolve current issues and concerns in addition to developing new features and functionality that will keep the product fresh.

As I have said before, I do monitor the forums and I do take the suggestions and feature requests posted here into consideration. I am also sure you would prefer me to be doing my job, which is to plan out the updates and work with development to implement and release them in a timely manner.

I sincerely hope this post clarifies any confusion and puts an end to any rumors and thinking the end is near for the VS-700.

Thank you to everyone for your support and patience.

Samara Krugman
    Product Manager
    Cakewalk
    Dyonight
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/02 15:33:34 (permalink)
    This definatly put an end to the confusion!

I wanted to be wrong and yes musicians can make mountains out of mole hills.

This is, by far, the best official news I've heard.  

I've never been that glad of being wrong!

Sorry it took of your time Samara to write this very long and CLEAR message, but I feel it was important for me (and a few others I hope...) and will put a definitive end to this kind of thread.

Thanks a lot again.
    ProMusic27
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/02 15:45:21 (permalink)
    Feeling better now...

Thanks Samara for your explanation... Was not exactly what I like to have as an answer, but helps a lot to settle things down.

1 month...And we will see. I can wait, thats for sure.

Peace.

Audiounity
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/02 16:45:34 (permalink)
    Yes, thank you for restating again that goodies are on their way. I apologize as well... I will definitely recommend the VS-700 as a great system.. 
    Seth Perlstein [Cakewalk]
    • Total Posts : 2084
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/02 17:13:35 (permalink)
    Just to clear up any confusion about the recently released VS-700 driver, it has features and benefits for the VS-700, not just the OctaCapture.

At the heart of the new VS driver is a smaller buffer size and lower latency than in the original. This is something we worked on with Roland back before the VS-700 had the OctaCapture as an add-on.

The new driver also has an updated settings UI and Control Panel icon, both of which we requested before the OC was even a thought.

Yes, the new driver does add support to add the OC to the VS-700, but the real features of the driver were born from and designed for the VS-700.

Mully
    Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1545
    Re:VS-700 developpement priority 2011/02/02 19:18:30 (permalink)
    Gotta love it.... still amazes me how carried away forums can get... like slow chugging steam trains that just build momentum when the fuel of paranoia starts feeding the boiler.

Thanks Cake folk.... once again for some rational input.

ASUS H270, i7-7700, JLM BA & 1290, LA2A Opto4, loads of guff.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1