Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Dyonight
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 529
2012/09/28 15:38:53 (permalink)

VS-700 feature request master list

Bugs   
1- Prochannel UI update when switching from buss to track view or vice versa on the console, everytime   
2- Show LED meters of instrument track on the console - Thanks!
3- Allow to unarm instrument tracks individually and make the ARM button light when the track is armed  
4- When clicking on an open window with the mouse, keep the focus on the currently selected prochannel module
5- When the EQ button is lid, double-clicking a VSTi in the rack should lit the "ACT" button while displaying the ACT parameters on the console 
6- When the SEND button is lid on the console, double clicking a VSTi in the syth rack should display the ACT parameters and light the ACT button on the console
7- OFFSET button should light when engaged
8- Display should display information instantly when changing tracks/bus
9- All VIEWS should return to their previous state (maximised - half expanded) when switching for one to the other
10- Allow special characters to be displayed correctly on the console

X2 integration 
1- Remember last selected prochannel modules when changing channels selection
2- When selecting automation on a track containing multiple automations,  all actual LANES should be spread accross the console first 8 faders, allowing BANKING and individual selection/editing of each    

Direct mixer 
1- Allow banking to control all track in the mixer (preamps + digital + DI + Fantom + ARX) 
2- Ability to renames channels 
3- Ability to change channels order   

Step sequencer 
When the step sequencer is in focus, gives the ability to edit the steps with the console (move farward, backward, down, up, select, copy) with the arrows of the jog wheel and ADD or REMOVE notes with OK and CANCEL buttons  

General console functions 
1- Multiple track selection/spread selection using the channel select in edit mode 
2- Buss arm: arm all tracks routed to this bus 
3- Ability to assign modifier buttons 
4- When channel strip encoder are assigned to "input" selection, pushing the encoder select "NONE" 
5- Pressing "Command+Assign" recall a pop-up window for global meter display settings  - Thanks!
6- Pressing "Command + Track" insert a bus - Thanks! 
7- Pressing "Command + delete" delete the selected track but send a confirmation window before doing so.  Thanks!     
8- Pressing "Command + Send" create an fx send on the selected track or bus  Thanks!
9- Allow fx insertion on instrument and midi tracks 
10- Page Left/right buttons in the channel strip control allow to navigate through up to 16 fx send 
11- While in "Layer view", +8/-8 buttons scroll through layers of a channel in bank of 8
12- Allow usb keyboard emulation to program any sequence or combination of keyboard keystroke and associate it with any combination of modifiers and console's buttons     

Hardware 
1- Ask Roland to publish a plan (destined to a qualified technician) to convert the ¼ line inputs to ¼ direct outs 
2- Untie sub and main volume on the console (since it is done before the DA conversion, I assume it can be done via software...) 
3- Abillity to change the sample rate without rebooting the interface 
4 - Design an extra 8 channels expansion module which could be daisy-chained with the console using multiple propriatery cables (or USB?)  

Edition 
Allow selecting track by time with the now time cursor 
  1. Select a channel on the console
  2. Hold ATL+Jog wheel to select a time period
  3. Spread the selected time accross tracks by holding SHIFT+CTRL and selecting channels on the console OR pressing a bus select button to spread the selection across the tracks assigned to it
  4. Copy, cut , paste , split and delete the selection directly OR hold CTRL and use the jog wheel to take a copy of the selection and drag it to the desired location (as we do with the mouse).
Zooming 
1- Command+Jog Zoom at the « Now time » cursor 
2- ALT+ Jog temprarily disengage snap settings to allow the Now Time cursor to scroll faster through the project
3- Allow zooming in the PRV with the console     

Bus mode: 
The Bus mode allow quick navigation and adjustment of all the tracks which are routed to a single bus. Similar to "Branch Mode". 

1. Press "Command+sel" while in the bus fader view 

2. The bus led start to blink and all audio tracks routed to this bus are displayed on the console channels. 
     * If "touch fader select track" is enabled in the console property page, Sonar will temporarely fit the bus' assigned tracks height to fill the track view screen, otherwise Sonar's view won't be affected. 

3. If more than 8 tracks are routed to this bus, using bank buttons allow to navigate the tracks which are routed to this bus only. 

4. Standard effect insert, panning, input, output, volume and MSR are availible to adjust separate tracks, just like in Track fader view. 

5. Press the bus blinking button to exit bus mode and return to bus fader view. 

Plugin mode: 

1. Press "Ctrl+sel" to choose a track or a bus 

2. Press "Arm" on one of the eight channel strip to determine the position of the effect that will be inserted. 

3. The plugins or plugins folder will be displayed one per channel strip on the 2 rows of the display for a  
total of 16 availible at a time. 

4. Press "Mute" button of the corresponding channel strip to insert the plugin or folder located in the first row of the display or press "Solo" to select the one in the lower row of the display.  

5. If you choose a folder, all the folder content will be expanded on the 2 row of the display. Press "arm" button to close the current folder and come back to the previous view. 

6. If there are more than 16 plugins or folder availible, scroll the rows by bank of 16 by turning any channel strip's encoder (clockwise +16, counter-clockwise -16). 

7. Effect chains will be shown as well. 

Fantom mode: 
The Fantom mode allow direct control over the Fantom built in mixer, effect and an easier and faster access to its sound bank. 

1. Press "Alt+command+I-O control" to enter Fantom mode 

2. All faders on the VS700c will update to show the current position in the fantom mixer 

3. The display will show all the categories , in bank of 16. The category containing the currently selected  
sound will be identified by the the matching "Mute" or "Solo" button on the appropriate channel strip. 
      *Those buttons, rotary encoders and the console display while in Fantom mode will always be used for presets selections, allowing faster and easier preset navigation at any time 

* See «  Fantom preset selection » 

*+8 and -8 button will scroll through the 16 channels of the fantom mixer 
*FLIP button will toggle the faders and banking buttons between the Fantom and Sonar's mixer 
*Flip + command will toggle between 2 Fantoms when two VS700R are connected 

4. Some basic elements of the Fantom are availible in the channel strip control section. The ACT button keeps its usual function for user custom settings. 

* See « Fantom control »  

Midi edit mode 

Midi edit mode lets you instantly focus on midi data and let the user navigate in the piano roll view as he would in the track view. 

1. Press "Command + Edit" buttons to access Midi edit mode 

The console will update its display to show all tracks containing midi data (including instruments tracks) and ignore all other audio tracks. 

2. Select the track to be edited with the corresponding track's "select" button.

Selecting notes  

The transport controls ( jogwheel and arrows) will let you scroll through the notes in the piano roll view.  Instead of an edit cursor, the position of the now time cursor will be shown by the corresponding note being selected, the one closest to C4, instantly availible for edition.   

Scrolling with the jogwheel move the selection right or left, one note at a time and the up/down arrow select the notes above or below.  The snap to grid setting is ignored for navigation. 

3. Pressing "enter" add the note to the current selection, cancel remove it. 

4. "Snap" button quantise the selection 

5. "Set" button fit the midi content to the track 

6. Holding "ctrl + Jog" allow velocity adjustments 

7. The Flags enable adjusting all selected notes lenght, from start or from the end point, with the jogwheel. 

8. "Command + Jogwheel" zoom at the currently selected note 

9. "Shift + Jogwheel/arrows" move selected note on the snap grid 

post edited by Dyonight - 2012/10/11 22:44:42

Sonar Platinum (Latest monthly update) / Roland A300-pro / AMD FX-8350 / Firepro V4900 / 16gb ram / RME HDSPe MadiFx

35 Replies Related Threads

Dyonight
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/09/28 15:42:23 (permalink)
    The only way to fail is to give up 

Let's do it and let's have a HIGH view count to see IF PEOPLE ACTUALLY CARE OR NOT.

Bring it on.

Sonar Platinum (Latest monthly update) / Roland A300-pro / AMD FX-8350 / Firepro V4900 / 16gb ram / RME HDSPe MadiFx
    dahjah
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 313
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/09/28 16:46:34 (permalink)
    Awesome list there Dyonight
    Grent
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 152
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/09/28 18:15:04 (permalink)
    No response at all is really shocking. Wow. (For all who're wondering - this list originated quite a long time ago)
    2- Show VU meters of instrument track on the console
    This was implemented in the last update. Due to the ARM-bug instrument tracks are still not really usable though. But we're close! :) (Trying to bring in some positivity!)
    Norrie
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1665
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/09/28 19:46:46 (permalink)
    Personally( and others may hate me for this ) I don't thing the VS-700 should have support for protools as it was never designed to be used for it. I feel the time would be better spent developing the VS-700 within X2 and beyond than 3rd party programs

For me my main wish list would be....

Fix for the EQ , ACT and vanishing labels issues we have with X2

Ability to Arm , Solo & Mute Take lanes in X2

Ability to un arm instrument track from console

Ability to change the sample rate without rebooting the interface

Extra 8 channels expansion module

This is my top priority list anything else would be a bonus for me :)

EG. Extra 8 channels expansion module ! That would be awesome and something I have hoped for a long time :)
    post edited by Norrie - 2012/09/29 07:43:32

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Crg
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7719
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/09/28 19:55:53 (permalink)
    I'm having a little trouble with the VU meters in the console thing. You do realize what VU meters are? The meters on the console, are not VU meters.

Craig DuBuc
    Norrie
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/09/28 20:03:05 (permalink)
    Edited my post just for you there Crg.

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Crg
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/09/28 20:15:40 (permalink)
    No big deal Norrie, but here is a huge difference. I would prefer VU meters to LED meters. Segmented LED meters should have how many increments? The more increments the merrier. All of us VS700 system owners are asking the same questions. We want the latest software to work with our control surface and interface on a per function basis. Nothing less. Hardware advancements haven't made it that far. And that's where the artistic level comes in. I want this instrument to be intuitive to the level of magnetism. It hasn't happened yet.

Craig DuBuc
    Norrie
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/09/28 20:32:42 (permalink)
    I know there is a difference I was just not thinking and did a copy from Dyonight as I knew what he meant.

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Dyonight
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/09/28 22:14:47 (permalink)
    yeah sorry all I just copied/pasted the older thread's list to get it isolated with a fitting name.

As Norrie suggested in a PM, I'll update the integration concerns to X2, keeping what is still missing from X1 and I'll correct the terminology as Craig pointed.

If anybody think of something else go ahead and let's make a legend of this thread  !!!

I'll take care of this after this weekend.

Dyonight
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/09/28 22:27:00 (permalink)
    Crg

All of us VS700 system owners are asking the same questions. We want the latest software to work with our control surface and interface on a per function basis. Nothing less. Hardware advancements haven't made it that far. 
    It is actually very tru that everyone want a fully costumisable control surface to fit his personnal workflow and the closest thing I've seen so far is done by SSL with the Matrix and the Nucleus.

They did a usb keyboard emulation. Check an official demo video on youtube and you'll see what it can do.

Any combination of keyboard sequence can be assigned to any button, and it also include sub-menus for categories of functions.  You can even pre-write names in a function' submenu and it will type them for you.

That would even settle the issue when deleting a clip brings the pop-up window, by triggering the "delete" keyboard button on the console....

And 16 faders is not enough, a drum, for me need at least 10, so infinite banking!

Anyway, an 8 faders extention and a usb keyboard emulator would be really a good start to a custom controller.

Grent
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/09/29 02:44:19 (permalink)
    Norrie

Show LED meters of instrument track on the console

Crg

I'm having a little trouble with the VU meters in the console thing. You do realize what VU meters are? The meters on the console, are not VU meters.

Of course you're right, VU meter is wrong. Still, as I said: 

Grent
    2- Show VU meters of instrument track on the console
    This was implemented in the last update. Due to the ARM-bug instrument tracks are still not really usable though. But we're close! :) (Trying to bring in some positivity!)

the LED-meters are working on instrument tracks since the last update.

Or are we talking two different things?
    Grent
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/09/29 02:59:00 (permalink)
    Dyonight

That would even settle the issue when deleting a clip brings the pop-up window, by triggering the "delete" keyboard button on the console....

I would really like to get costum shortcuts or even keyboard sequences on the console.

About the "delete"-issue (X1): you can select a clip via mouse, then press SELECT and then DELETE (and then SELECT again to leave selection mode), however this does not work the very first time you try upon opening a project. Because at the first time, that selected clip gets deselected upon the press of the SELECT button (seems to be a minor bug). The next time however, it does not get deselected and the deletion then works without the pop-up window.

On the other hand, you could just press DELETE and then OK on the console to close that pop-up window. So although this workaround gets rid of the popup, in the end there's one more button to press in comparison to just press OK.

Of course, that seems unnecessary and should be changable.

Thanks to all for your efforts. Let's get that thing going !! :)
    post edited by Grent - 2012/09/29 03:02:14
    Crg
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/09/29 19:11:01 (permalink)
    the closest thing I've seen so far is done by SSL with the Matrix and the Nucleus

I've heard of those two. I would really love to see what they can do.

Craig DuBuc
    vicevursa
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/10/01 15:14:08 (permalink)
    During the last Webcast (prior to the release of X2), Ryan/Cakewalk stated that VS-700 is current as far Sonar X1d. He did not answer if there was going to be any other work done with making serious improvements with integrating Sonar X2 and VS-700. I am hoping they have not abandoned this platform completely. My info could be dated. I haven't been on the forums too much since then.

v/r

Vice

Sonar X2, Win7 SP1 64bit, i7 Quad, 16GB RAM, Wharfdale 8.2 (pr.), VS-700 (Console and I/O unit), Delta 1010, Midisport 8x8, Keystation Pro88, Axiom 61, Alesis QS6.1, Acoustic and Electric guitars, VSTi's, and a shaker or two.
    dahjah
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 313
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/10/03 19:21:49 (permalink)
    Dyonight you should copy this list into the post Ryan put up 2day.
    Zo
    Max Output Level: -25 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5036
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/10/03 19:48:51 (permalink)
    About to try the nucleus when i can .....wiating for the next upadte (soon) ...then i will tell and maybe make a videos ;) but need someone to film ..lol

For sale  (PM me) : transfert ilok included
    Eventide Ultrachannel make offers
    Softube Summit EQ
    IK Neve 1081 , Neve precision Comp/Lim
    EastWest Goshtwriter
    Soundforge Pro 12

Dyonight
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/10/10 20:19:18 (permalink)
    I'm a little in a hurry but succeded to add some of the features and bugs that were discussed lately.

If I forgot something or feel I misunderstood something let me know.

jayson
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 367
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/10/10 23:39:42 (permalink)
    vicevursa

During the last Webcast (prior to the release of X2), Ryan/Cakewalk stated that VS-700 is current as far Sonar X1d. He did not answer if there was going to be any other work done with making serious improvements with integrating Sonar X2 and VS-700. I am hoping they have not abandoned this platform completely. My info could be dated. I haven't been on the forums too much since then.

Hmmm ... 51 seconds into Cakewalks X2 trailer there is a quick flash screen which promises VS 700 support.  Also, there is a reference to an improved control surface support and a VS-700 online help at the following link:

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation/default.aspx?Doc=SONAR%20X2&Lang=EN&Req=NewFeatures.9.html

Anyone know what was improved and the link to the VS-700 online help?

Cheers,

jayson
    Dyonight
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/10/11 09:44:34 (permalink)
    jayson

vicevursa

Hmmm ... 51 seconds into Cakewalks X2 trailer there is a quick flash screen which promises VS 700 support.  Also, there is a reference to an improved control surface support and a VS-700 online help at the following link:

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation/default.aspx?Doc=SONAR%20X2&Lang=EN&Req=NewFeatures.9.html

Anyone know what was improved and the link to the VS-700 online help?

Cheers,

jayson

Strangely, looks like nobody found the online help...

Norrie
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/10/11 12:55:12 (permalink)
    Ive still not found a list or the online help.

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Dyonight
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/10/11 15:47:35 (permalink)
    Hey Norrie, have you tried pressing F1 when the vs700 interface (Command+I/O) is in focus in Sonar?

Maybe something will show the new shortcuts or something...

Grent
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/10/11 16:18:17 (permalink)
    Great work ! Thank you !
    Some more of the feature requests at "General console functions" were indeed implemented though (in X1d):

New Commands

CMD + Track: Insert Bus

CMD + Send: Open Insert Send Assistant Use the jog cursors to select an existing bus from the combo box

CMD + Delete: Delete Track
    Undo-able from the console

CMD + Assign: Open Global Meter Options (Edit > Preferences > Customization - Audio Meter)
    and
    You can now insert audio FX on Instrument Tracks from the console
    post edited by Grent - 2012/10/11 16:22:50
    Grent
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/10/11 17:09:11 (permalink)
    There's another thing, I'd like to add (X1 related - please tell me, how it is in X2):

The SYNTH RACK button bring's up the browser, but there is no way to hide it by pressing it again.

So: when on the browser the point "synth" is selected, pressing the SYNTH RACK button should hide the browser. If "media" or "plugins" is selected, the SYNTH RACK button should revert to the point "synth" (and by pressing it again, locigally, the browser should be hidden just then).
    Norrie
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/10/11 18:35:01 (permalink)
    Same in X2 Synth Rack opens the Browser but will not hide it by hitting it again.

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Grent
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/10/11 18:46:31 (permalink)
    Thanks! I'm just trying to find out, what for I use the mouse frequently.

One thing is hiding the browser and also the inspector (to get a wider view).

I'm gonna submit a feature request for the inspector also.

@Dyonight: You might add a button combination to the list to control the inspector (switch between Clip, Track, Prochannel, but also bring up and hide entirely).
    Crg
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/10/11 20:12:23 (permalink)
    So, there's a slew of feature requests and rants but what about a list of what does work and what doesn't work.

Craig DuBuc
    Dyonight
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/10/11 22:37:34 (permalink)
    You know Crg, we had great expectations but sorry I did not erased all the features that were implemented. Thanks Grent for that.  I think this list has been read and that we don't do all this in vain.

I'll update everything tomorrow.

Mully
    Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1545
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/10/30 07:59:51 (permalink)
    Howdy Dyo!

Thanks for your work on this.... how up to date is the list at the moment?

Cheers.

ASUS H270, i7-7700, JLM BA & 1290, LA2A Opto4, loads of guff.
    Dyonight
    Re:VS-700 feature request master list 2012/10/30 19:21:10 (permalink)
    oh been some time since I last checked that. Can't say it is absolutely up to date but I added some things since X1. I'll try to look into this tomorrow.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1