VST Instruments and settings not saving after saving and closing project

Author
trusso11783
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 23
2018/11/21 13:58:28 (permalink)

VST Instruments and settings not saving after saving and closing project

This has been happening to me recently. I am using a Piano from the Roland JV-1080 vsti plugin. Closed the project. Re-opened it at a later date and it is no longer the Piano sound I used but some other random sound. I changed it back and it works fine until I close and open the project again. Is there some trick to making the patch stay permanently? Also, the times it doesn't change instruments, a reverb, chorus or delay that I turned off originally returns the next time I open the project. This seems to happen with my Korg M1 vsti so the issue isn't exclusive to Roland. I don't seem to have a problem if I use Cakewalk's instruments or some others. It could possibly be the 3rd party plugins. Has anyone else experienced this?

1 Reply Related Threads

KPerry
    Max Output Level: -44 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3120
    Re: VST Instruments and settings not saving after saving and closing project 2018/11/21 14:11:30 (permalink)
    Yes, with one single (32 bit, no longer supported) VSTi.  It always reverted to patch 1 (or 0, depending on where you start counting), even though the name in its internal list and in the VST name drop-down was correct.

My solution was to select the patch I wanted, export it as an fxp file, change to patch 1 (0) and load the fxp file into that slot.

Works a charm (as long as I remember!).

Windows 7 x64 SP1
    SONAR x86/x64

Intel Q6600/8GB
    MOTU UltraliteMk3 (USB/ASIO)
    Edirol PCR300
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1