VST3 - Shhh. It's happening again.

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
mumpcake
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1609
Re:VST3 - Shhh. It's happening again. 2011/06/30 23:45:07 (permalink)
JoshWolfer

[snip]

As much as everyone would like to think it's as simple as adding a few lines of code, unless you've worked in an environment regarding software development you really have no clue. 
Integrating someone else's engine into your code could be trivial or it could be a nightmare. Throw in double development for x86 and x64 versions and the effort just got much tougher. On top of properly QAing all the features and making sure you don't introduce any regressions into the already stable VST code.

+1

cyphersuit
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 339
Re:VST3 - Shhh. It's happening again. 2011/07/01 10:34:54 (permalink)
Seth Perlstein [Cakewalk
]

cyphersuit

If you read post 47, you will realise that VST3 is coming rather sooner than later ;)

Sorry if this disappoints, you, but my comment in post $47 was not meant in any way as a hint about if and/ or when VST3 might make it into SONAR. Right now I have no knowledge of our plans for VST3, or if we even have plans for VST3. And that's not to say we do or don't either way.

My comment was simply to let some folks posting in this thread know that it is in fact OK to request such a feature and to keep things civil.

SP

Ok, then I'll have to repeat my thought on this:

"I don't think it should be a question of "how much work it is" but rather
"Do we want to see our customers to see X1 as the best DAW on the market?" If so, VST3 support should be there."

Rain
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9736
Re:VST3 - Shhh. It's happening again. 2011/07/01 10:55:16 (permalink)
cyphersuit

"I don't think it should be a question of "how much work it is" but rather
"Do we want to see our customers to see X1 as the best DAW on the market?" If so, VST3 support should be there."
Somewhat subjective... Pro Tools, Digital Performer, Logic : none of these highly regarded DAW natively supports VST. They either have their own standard and/or support the open standard. 

Admittedly, there's a problem with the lack of an open standard on the PC platform since the demise of DX though. Which means that the implementation VST3 seems bound to happen sooner or later.

TCB - Tea, Cats, Books...
nTTx
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
Re:VST3 - Shhh. It's happening again. 2012/04/11 12:29:18 (permalink)
Love reviving old forgotten threads... Waves is using VST3 more and more now. Unfortunately, I just updated Sonar to X1D Expanded. Thinking if the walkers of the cake don't work VST3 in, this might be the last Sonar for me. My 2 cents for my future dollars...
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1