VST3 and Program Changes

Author
craigr68
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 102
2016/06/29 17:41:34 (permalink)

VST3 and Program Changes

What is it with VST3 and program changes not working?  I wish Cakewalk would realize this is something important that we want working.  For instance, if you got Z3TA+2 open and you want to walk thru some sounds in a bank by sending program changes from a midi keyboard or foot controller, it doesn't work.  Its predecessor Z3TA+ originally worked fine with program changes.  Later I discover TH3 vst3 plugin doesn't respond to program changes (full version 3.2.0).  In fact when I addressed this with Overloud, they sent me a special version 3.2.0 with both a vst2 & vst3 plugin dll.  They told me to use the vst2 plugin and disable the vst3 plugin cuz program changes don't work with vst3 plugin - which I verified to be true.  I suspect many users don't care too much about program changes, because they probably just set up separate tracks for each preset they want and use it for recording only.  But what about if you'd like to switch sounds in realtime from your midi keyboard or midi controller to audition sounds, play live, etc, etc.  Rapture Pro and other synths also doesn't respond to program changes but I'd settle for my favorites - Z3TA+2, Rapture Pro, and TH3 at this point.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1