Vegas Pro 15

Author
cclarry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20964
2017/08/31 01:53:41 (permalink)

Vegas Pro 15

Magix has announced the release of Vegas Pro 15, a major new version of the video editor application for Windows.
New Features:
  • A new MAGIX AVC/AAC codec significantly accelerates encoding on machines that utilize Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) technology.
  • A new MAGIX AVC/AAC codec significantly accelerates encoding on machines equipped with modern NVIDIA graphics card GPU technology.
  • The user can now select from the list of attributes of a copied timeline clip event to specify which attributes will be pasted into a target event.
  • ACES 1.0 support enable users to work with the expanded color spaces and dynamic range of modern cameras.
  • More efficient handling of AVC files on the timeline through Intel QSV technology.
  • Picture-in-picture OFX plug-in enables the user to perform size and position adjustments of video at any of the four effects levels (including track and event) through parameter adjustment controls and direct interaction with the Video Preview window.
  • Crop OFX plug-in enables the user to quickly crop out portions of a video at any of the four effects levels (including track and event) through parameter adjustment controls and direct interaction with the Video Preview window.
  • The user can specify which track header buttons and controls appear on tracks and set these (separate for audio and video tracks) as project defaults for all new tracks in the current and new projects. Controls that have been hidden can be accessed through a new "hamburger button" menu.
  • LUT Filter OFX plug-in enables the user to apply LUTs to their project at any of the four supported FX levels (event, track, media, and video bus).
  • Redesigned timeline clip events now contain headers to hold important information and buttons and can be customized through the hamburger button/menu system.
  • The user can specify which controls appear in the transport area of both the Trimmer Window and the Video Preview window as project defaults for the current and new projects. Controls that have been hidden can be accessed through a new "hamburger button" menu.
  • A simple "one-click" option creates a freeze frame on all selected events touched by the timeline cursor.
  • Users can specify one of four options for the shading of the VEGAS Pro interface ranging from very bright to a dark interface.
  • Users can define the amount (strength) of color they want shown in their buttons.
  • Modern controls enable logical docking and undocking of windows and maximizing windows within a dock.
  • A user-friendly and intuitive Render As dialog box makes it easy to understand and specify render options.
  • The Share Online option now provides direct render-and-upload operations for YouTube, FaceBook, and Vimeo.
  • Optimized default user layout to reduce visual clutter.
  • Non-selected timeline clip events are now the same color as the corresponding track header while selected events are white. This (while directly opposite previous behavior) reduces visual "clutter" and the harsh appearance of events, particularly in large projects.
  • New layout option enables user to switch back to the VEGAS Pro 14 default layout, including revealing all buttons in the hamburger menu system.
  • The default Pan type has been changed to Constant Power which is the most logical and expected type.
  • Audio notification alerts you when your render is complete for all format types.
Three versions of Vegas Pro 15 are available with prices starting at $399. See a comparison of the different versions here.
If you want to see some tutorials for VEGAS Pro 15, have a look at the tutorials on the new Vegas YouTube Channel

Read more at  [link=http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com]www.vegascreativesoftware.com[/link]

9 Replies Related Threads

kitekrazy1
    Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3524
    Re: Vegas Pro 15 2017/08/31 04:06:22 (permalink)
    Upgrade is $249.00   I'd have to work a lot in video to consider that.  Most often video editor upgrades offer more about formats than workflow. I think video formats are created at the rate of music genres.
    With Sony I was always able to put Vegas on two machines.  Not so with Magix.  

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro 32GB Ram, Intel i7 4790, AsRock Z97 Pro 4,  NVidia 750ti, AP2496

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro, 16GB Ram, AMD FX 6300, Gigabyte GA 970 -UD3 P, nVidia 9800GT, Guitar Port, Terratec EWX 2496
    TerraSin
    Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1975
    Re: Vegas Pro 15 2017/08/31 20:19:02 (permalink)
    Not upgrading. Magix has done very little work to update Vegas and are asking for a hefty fee to upgrade. The only reason I'd consider upgrading is for NewBlueFX Filters 5 Ultimate but meh, I can get it half off in November anyway. I'm thinking I might sell my license for Vegas Pro 14 and buy DaVinci Resolve as they are really hitting it out of the park right now.
    Sycraft
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 871
    Re: Vegas Pro 15 2017/08/31 22:54:14 (permalink)
    Ya... I don't mind incremental updates, hell that's why I signed on to the Sonar Platinum lifetime deal. However this seems to be way too incremental for way too much money. Particularly given that their biggest features, supporting the SIP chips on Intel and nVidia cards, is both easy to do and not particularly useful. Supporting those ASICs is dead simple, everything does it, Chome, Edge, OBS, etc all use it, and the companies publish all the documentation and code you need. Likewise while they are indeed very fast at encoding it comes at the penalty of quality. Compare a bitrate-equivalent output of a good software encoder like x264 and the output of the SIP chips and it is a very obvious difference. They are useful for decoding video with less CPU use, but only useful for encoding if you are in a situation where quality is not that important.

I don't hate the inclusion, but if that's your top feature... well you haven't done much. Plus given that this is a brand new feature it shouldn't just be for AVC/H.264 it should work with VP8/VP9 and H.265 as well, as the chip support that in hardware these days.
    DrLumen
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 621
    Re: Vegas Pro 15 2017/08/31 23:10:25 (permalink)
    A codec or two, some render bug fixes and a slew of UI changes. No thanks!

-When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Sonar Platinum / Intel i7-4790K / AsRock Z97 / 32GB RAM / Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB / Behringer FCA610 / M-Audio Sport 2x4 / Win7 x64 Pro / WDC Black HDD's / EVO 850 SSD's / Alesis Q88 / Boss DS-330 / Korg nanoKontrol / Novation Launch Control / 14.5" Lava Lamp
    interpolated
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 830
    Re: Vegas Pro 15 2017/08/31 23:25:00 (permalink)
    Does it support OpenCL/GL command acceleration meaning background rendering tasks can be handled directly in hardware leaving only some tasks for the CPU. Some software transcoders do this. Why Magix are being shy providing the ability is beyond me.

I know there is the top of the line products like the Pro version of Samplitude and Sequoia. However why make a semi-pro product even more less functional than it can be. Just doesn't make business sense and it's unfair to current users.

I have computer stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/sigmadelta
    interpolated
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 830
    Re: Vegas Pro 15 2017/08/31 23:33:53 (permalink)
    It is easy as an user to criticise the efforts of developers and of course, upgrading your license will let you use it for less.

I have computer stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/sigmadelta
    MGC59
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 217
    Re: Vegas Pro 15 2017/09/01 03:02:35 (permalink)
    I know I didn't pay $249 for my original Vegas 12 software a few years back...it actually came with CD Architect, DVD Architect, Sound Forge and a few others. I mainly wanted 64-bit versions of CD Architect and Sound Forge.... I made a few videos and may make a few more, but I see no need to upgrade at those Magix prices....It seems like they email me every couple of days....  

Mark

Sonar Platinum by Bandlab Version: 2018.05 Build 19 (64-bit), Roland Octa-Capture
    Intel i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz 2.83 GHz
    12 GB RAM Windows 7 SP1 64-bit OS, A-800Pro Controller,
    Acronis True Image Home 2011,
    Sycraft
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 871
    Re: Vegas Pro 15 2017/09/01 04:20:39 (permalink)
    interpolated
    Does it support OpenCL/GL command acceleration meaning background rendering tasks can be handled directly in hardware leaving only some tasks for the CPU. Some software transcoders do this. Why Magix are being shy providing the ability is beyond me.

Some of the effects support GPU acceleration, CUDA I think rather tan OpenCL. Also the Sony AVC encoder used to though for some reason on modern systems it claims there is no GPU present, even though there is. That may have been fixed in 14 or 15, I only have 13 as so far their prices have been too high compared to the features they offer.
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re: Vegas Pro 15 2017/09/01 13:25:25 (permalink)
    I just upgraded from SONY Vegas last year for $150.  Not biting for $250, at least until I get more than a couple of videos finished

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1