Vielklang Instant Harmony V2 questions

Author
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
2018/11/21 18:27:07 (permalink)

Vielklang Instant Harmony V2 questions

I tested out the demo of this recently and then did a quick search and realized this has been around longer than I thought. So far it has crashed CbB to desktop and Studio One intercepted a crash and kept on going. Is anyone using this successfully, or is this guy truly as flaky as it comes across on the first pass?

I was hoping to delve into it more deeply (the Melodyne-esque features), but even moving the now time inside Vielklang doesn't translate to either DAW.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.

7 Replies Related Threads

Bajan Blue
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2029
    Re: Vielklang Instant Harmony V2 questions 2018/11/23 19:45:41 (permalink)
    Mettelus
    I've had this for years and I don't ever remember having issues - saying that, haven't used it in a while - shall load it up later and see what happens - shall report back
    Nigel

Nigel
    Check out the first single from our new Album, On Top of the World
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLVCOeTcTc

Check out our latest videos on
    http://www.youtube.com/user/DevineLie/videos

Check out our website
    www.devinelie.com

Bajan Blue
    Re: Vielklang Instant Harmony V2 questions 2018/11/23 21:05:36 (permalink)
    I loaded and harmonised a track no problems - as i said not used for a while as I have not been doing much vocal stuff and I was surprised how good it sounded - I have the latest version loaded.
    I'm just doing some vocal stuff on a couple new tracks we're doing, and I think it sounded so good I might use it - thanks for the reminder
    Cheers
    Nigel

Nigel

Check out our website
    www.devinelie.com

mettelus
    Re: Vielklang Instant Harmony V2 questions 2018/11/24 07:16:24 (permalink)
    Hi Nigel, thanks for the response. I am running the demo, so need to check if that is actually the current version, since it seems that some of the things I possibly triggered are in the bug fixes already. I will take another dive into it this weekend. I wanted to try out the advanced editting features, and also check this side-by-side with Melodyne. I do like the intelligent harmonize by key function to start things off with, but I never tried this in Melodyne either, so it may boil down to learning the Melodyne workflow.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
    Bajan Blue
    Re: Vielklang Instant Harmony V2 questions 2018/11/24 12:11:00 (permalink)
    If you manage to figure how to do harmonizing in Melodyne automatically, can you let me know how you do it please
    Nigel

Nigel

Check out our website
    www.devinelie.com

lawajava
    • Total Posts : 2040
    Re: Vielklang Instant Harmony V2 questions 2018/12/11 02:47:43 (permalink)
    I am a fan of it. What's surprising to me is that it's not so widely known yet it has really desirable capabilities.

Haven't tried it with Cakewalk but it works just as expected in Studio One.

Two internal 2TB SSDs laptop stuffed with Larry's deals and awesome tools. Studio One is the cat's meow as a DAW now that I've migrated off of Sonar. Using BandLab Cakewalk just to grab old files when migrating songs.
    mettelus
    Re: Vielklang Instant Harmony V2 questions 2018/12/11 16:06:23 (permalink)
    This one totally slid under the carpet for me. I had been waiting for the Ample Sound sale to hit, and that happened shortly after this post.

I didn't get to look at Vielklang too much, then checked out a couple videos on both Vielklang and Melodyne. Melodyne isn't automatic by any means, but can do the same things and there are a few videos that show nearly identical work flows to achieve this (just more work to do so). I would not use this feature much, but when this sale hit, there was also a side discussion going on regarding background vocals.

Ample Sound distracted me on this one (been waiting 9 months to grab AG12), but that is easy to do. Oh look... a squirrel!

lawajava
    • Total Posts : 2040
    Re: Vielklang Instant Harmony V2 questions 2018/12/27 17:28:53 (permalink)
    Mettelus - I've been using it on a few recent songs.  It's a joy to use.  So quick to get to just the right set of harmonies to the ear that fit the piece.  Using it in Studio One, no issues.

Two internal 2TB SSDs laptop stuffed with Larry's deals and awesome tools. Studio One is the cat's meow as a DAW now that I've migrated off of Sonar. Using BandLab Cakewalk just to grab old files when migrating songs.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1