Vintech X73 Passes the Test.... Again!

Author
chaz
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2775
2006/02/02 19:55:38 (permalink)

Vintech X73 Passes the Test.... Again!

Hey all.

I have always stated that Dallas's pres (Vintech Audio) were identical to their original counterparts. And in some ways, better. Some have scoffed at this and have told me on a number of occasions that I did not know what I was talking about, though I did. This fact was verified when one of his X73's was scoped against an original 1073. I think it was done at least a couple of years ago, maybe three.

Comparison Graphs

Recently..... Jan. 16, 2006..... the X73 was put to the test again in a blind shootout in Nashville. Needless to say, it passed with flying colors! And though this was not a surprise to either Dallas or myself, it was a surprise to some big-time mixers in the industry.

Blind Shootout

Fwiw..... I helped Dallas during the early design phases of the Dual72. In fact, he added the 1/4" D.I.s as a result of my suggesting that it would make for a more versatile unit. The first units did not have D.I.s. Mine was one of them, but has been outfitted with all of the latest mods.

I have said it many times before and I will say it yet again.... If you want a Neve pre, you cannot go wrong with a Vintech!

1 Reply Related Threads

dude24man
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 357
    RE: Vintech X73 Passes the Test.... Again! 2006/02/03 07:51:28 (permalink)
    great to know chaz. I have 4 channels of the original neve 1272's racked by brent averill and love them. I bought them about ten years ago. I havent herd the vintech stuff but I'm sure they sound great aswell. most bad or odd comments come from close minded folks. Let your ears take you ware you need to be. Arthur www.dmsstudio.com
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1