Virtual Guitarist - Stop Play Problem

Author
brightsun
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2005/09/17 04:43:13 (permalink)

Virtual Guitarist - Stop Play Problem

I've just started using Virtual Guitarist with Sonar 4 and although I've searched the Net and forums over the last few days, I've still not found a solution to a very simple problem. I'd be grateful for any help anyone can offer.

I've made a "note track" for telling VG which chords to play (notes entered by hand on the keyboard view) and the output is routed to an audio track with VG.

The chords all play fine but I would like to stop VG from playing after the guitar part is over and it just keeps playing until the end of the song.

I've tried an end note with no duration and I've searched the Net and scutinised the VG manual in vein to find out how to do this.

I'm not using a keyboard for midi input. All notes have been entered manually on the keyboard view in Sonar.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Ta.

2 Replies Related Threads

kfischer
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 452
    RE: Virtual Guitarist - Stop Play Problem 2005/09/17 13:51:37 (permalink)
    There is a setting in VG called "latch mode." Read your manual on that. That should take care of it.
    simeon
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 494
    RE: Virtual Guitarist - Stop Play Problem 2005/09/17 15:33:30 (permalink)
    TA,
    Sustain pedal,
    If you press the sustain pedal while in latch mode you should trigger a stop.
    If you are not in latch mode the chord will be held until you release the pedal.
    If you hold the sustain pedal down and then play a chord then you will get the "Long Chord" sound from VG.

Hope that helps.

Simeon Amburgey
    Sound Creations, Inc.
    www.PraiseTracks.com
    ***PS.89:15***
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1