Virtual Instruement

Author
martinlemonkiss
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 105
2008/09/07 07:27:46 (permalink)

Virtual Instruement

Hi

I'm using Sonar 4 and i've just bought Virtual Instruement, but i can't work how to get it to appear in the synth rack view. Do i need to import somehow or run a similar thing to the vst adaptor like i do for vst's.

Any help much appreciated.

Martin

5 Replies Related Threads

papa2004
    Max Output Level: -10.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6475
    RE: Virtual Instruement 2008/09/07 07:50:16 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: martinlemonkiss

Hi

I'm using Sonar 4 and i've just bought Virtual Instruement, but i can't work how to get it to appear in the synth rack view. Do i need to import somehow or run a similar thing to the vst adaptor like i do for vst's.

Any help much appreciated.

Martin

Anytime you install new plugins you need to run a VST scan in SONAR (making sure the folder in which the plugin is installed is shown in the VST Scan Folders directory)...

Regards,
    Papa
    martinlemonkiss
    RE: Virtual Instruement 2008/09/07 17:01:21 (permalink)
    Many thanks for that, i had them in the wrong folder as you said.

Maybe you can help me a bit more, the only VST i use is Jamstick which is a virtual drummer and plays along.

I've added the virtual instruement strings to the synth rack and they have been inserted into the song with a DXI track and what looks like a midi track, i thought if i played the virtual keyboard along to the track and recorded, it would record over the parts of the song i want strings on, i can hear the strings but nothing is being recorded to the track

I'm using Lambda as my external soundcard,the input channelin sonar is coming up USB Audio device.

Any ideas what i'm doing wrong, sorry for being such a novice with the VST's
    Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: Virtual Instruement 2008/09/07 18:28:36 (permalink)
    are you using the MIDI track to record? do you have your keyboard selected as the INPUT to that track? is the track ARMED? are you pressing RECORD on the transport?

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    martinlemonkiss
    RE: Virtual Instruement 2008/09/08 05:00:58 (permalink)
    Hi

I'm probably being really stupid here as i only usually record guitar, i'm using a vitual keyboard from Cakewalk's wirtual instruements, I use a Lambda Lexicon as my external souncard and usually plug my guitar in to that, when i open the Virtual keyboard in synth rack it opens a seperate dxi track and a midi track which has the input as USB Audio Device Omni, do i still need to have a keyboard to play the virtual keyboard?
    Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: Virtual Instruement 2008/09/08 08:13:27 (permalink)
    No, but you have to use the Piano Roll View or the Staff View and click notes into them using your mouse if you don't have a keyboard or controller. If you're trying to use your guitar to control the "virtual instrument" then that won't work.

work thru the tutorials and they will explain using PRV and Staff Views and how you can use your mouse to create parts for the softsynths.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1