Vista & 64Bit compatability of Dimension,Raptures,etc.

Author
mewsicknerd
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 435
2006/05/05 13:04:39 (permalink)

Vista & 64Bit compatability of Dimension,Raptures,etc.

Does anyone know what the current and future announced compatability is for Cakewalk's soft synths?

I haven't purchased any, and am worried about buying something that might not be compatable with things a year down the road.

Based upon the little reading of done in the forum, it appears this Rene guy does a lot in terms of support for the users.

14 Replies Related Threads

naughtyhill
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1037
    RE: Vista & 64Bit compatability of Dimension,Raptures,etc. 2006/05/05 13:34:28 (permalink)
    Dimension PRO as of version 1.2 and Rapture are already 64bit ready, as well as Sonar5.

Dont know bout Vista though.

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Vista & 64Bit compatability of Dimension,Raptures,etc. 2006/05/05 15:30:33 (permalink)
    I wouldn't worry too much about Cakewalk letting upgrades get in their way. They go back to the DOS days of summer, and it ain't stopped them yet.

But seriously, that is the least of my worries, Cake letting MS get away from them. They are infiltrating into Mac land, rather, and are already gearing (softwaring) up for 64 bit, etc. recording.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    mewsicknerd
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 435
    RE: Vista & 64Bit compatability of Dimension,Raptures,etc. 2006/05/05 16:43:39 (permalink)
    My concern was having to pay for an upgrade just to keep using the software on
    whatever operating systems comes after XP. I have no doubt Cakewalk will stay
    around and sell either these current or new synths. But if they work on 64 bit OS
    now, that is an excellent indicator, almost as good as if Cakewalk had announced that
    the current licence will include support for the next M$ OS. I think I recall some
    announcements like that for some software just before XP came out.

ORIGINAL: AT

I wouldn't worry too much about Cakewalk letting upgrades get in their way. They go back to the DOS days of summer, and it ain't stopped them yet.

But seriously, that is the least of my worries, Cake letting MS get away from them. They are infiltrating into Mac land, rather, and are already gearing (softwaring) up for 64 bit, etc. recording.

René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Vista & 64Bit compatability of Dimension,Raptures,etc. 2006/05/05 17:34:21 (permalink)
    There're 64-bit versions of Rapture and Dimension Pro already, which work flawlessly on XP64.

I know that some early tests on Vista show them operational as well, but obviously we can't perform any kind of conclusive test on a non-final OS.
    The current license agreement doesn't bound the customer to a particular OS version, though the software is only tested and known-to-work in a particular set of those, which you can find in the product page or the product box.

-René
    awilki01
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 817
    RE: Vista & 64Bit compatability of Dimension,Raptures,etc. 2006/05/09 13:03:18 (permalink)
    Where is this 64-bit version of Rapture?
    Brandon Ryan [Roland]
    Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3458
    RE: Vista & 64Bit compatability of Dimension,Raptures,etc. 2006/05/11 13:22:23 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: awilki01

In the Rapture box...
    post edited by Brandon Ryan [Cakewalk] - 2006/05/11 13:30:17

"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel." WG

SONAR Platinum | VS-700 | A-800 PRO | PCAL i7 with SSD running Windows 8 x64 | Samsung 27" LCD @ 1920x1080 | Blue Sky monitors with BMC | All kinds of other stuff
    awilki01
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 817
    RE: Vista & 64Bit compatability of Dimension,Raptures,etc. 2006/05/12 01:48:39 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Brandon Ryan [Cakewalk]

ORIGINAL: awilki01

In the Rapture box...

I assumed such, but I just wanted to make sure Thanks for clarifying...
    kudzu
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 82
    RE: Vista & 64Bit compatability of Dimension,Raptures,etc. 2006/05/18 00:53:13 (permalink)
    I just want to add, I HATE WINDOWS 64bit! the lack of drivers available is driving me insane. Actually its great with Sonar5, and I am sure once more drivers are available it will be fine. The upgrade patch for Dimpro didn't work for me,any advice? but when I use Sonar5 32bit version in the windows64, then DimPro is fine. Project5 will not work for me inside XP64. Pyro5 also will not work for me on XP64. I will say that cpu usage and overall quality is greatly improved in 64bit. It is quite clear that Cakewalk is one of the first to support 64bit technology and I would not hesitate to buy any of their products, if it doesn't work now, I know they will provide a free upgrade soon enough....right?

namaste'
    Brandon Ryan [Roland]
    RE: Vista & 64Bit compatability of Dimension,Raptures,etc. 2006/05/18 01:14:15 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: kudzu

I just want to add, I HATE WINDOWS 64bit! the lack of drivers available is driving me insane. Actually its great with Sonar5, and I am sure once more drivers are available it will be fine. The upgrade patch for Dimpro didn't work for me,any advice? but when I use Sonar5 32bit version in the windows64, then DimPro is fine. Project5 will not work for me inside XP64. Pyro5 also will not work for me on XP64. I will say that cpu usage and overall quality is greatly improved in 64bit. It is quite clear that Cakewalk is one of the first to support 64bit technology and I would not hesitate to buy any of their products, if it doesn't work now, I know they will provide a free upgrade soon enough....right?

Are you running Dimension Pro 1.2 and SONAR5 5.2? Did you install the DXi version? I haven't had any problems running Dimension Pro x64. Project 5, although not x64 native, also works well for me under x64.

What hardware drivers are you missing?

"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel." WG

SONAR Platinum | VS-700 | A-800 PRO | PCAL i7 with SSD running Windows 8 x64 | Samsung 27" LCD @ 1920x1080 | Blue Sky monitors with BMC | All kinds of other stuff
    kudzu
    RE: Vista & 64Bit compatability of Dimension,Raptures,etc. 2006/05/18 15:45:08 (permalink)
    Brandon,
    Yes I did download the 1.2 update for Dpro, I get some sort of notice about why it don't work,I will try again to see what the notice says, I forgot.) I didn't do the 5.2 update, since I see alot of reported problems for that. I got project5 to work but not pyro5, which really sucks because that is what I preffer to use for burning. The Dpro works inside of the 32bit Sonar5, even though I am using it in the windows 64, I have downloaded each version. As for drivers, I could not find them for my usb-midi cable(i use a turtle beach, but will be purchasing an Emu that I know will work) And I could not get drivers for my broadband connection. but those are not a concern for cakewalk,lol I just use 2 cpu's now, the 64bit is an instrument only!

namaste'
    Brandon Ryan [Roland]
    RE: Vista & 64Bit compatability of Dimension,Raptures,etc. 2006/05/18 16:12:54 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: kudzu

Brandon,
    Yes I did download the 1.2 update for Dpro, I get some sort of notice about why it don't work,I will try again to see what the notice says, I forgot.) I didn't do the 5.2 update, since I see alot of reported problems for that. I got project5 to work but not pyro5, which really sucks because that is what I preffer to use for burning. The Dpro works inside of the 32bit Sonar5, even though I am using it in the windows 64, I have downloaded each version. As for drivers, I could not find them for my usb-midi cable(i use a turtle beach, but will be purchasing an Emu that I know will work) And I could not get drivers for my broadband connection. but those are not a concern for cakewalk,lol I just use 2 cpu's now, the 64bit is an instrument only!

Not sure about Pyro5 but tech support might be able to help you on that one. As far as Dimension Pro, you MUST have SONAR 5.2 installed to work with the 64 bit instruments (DPro and Rapture). I've done a fair amount or working with SONAR 5.2 and the 64 bit versions of the intruments and I don't recall any problems with them. Give 5.2 a shot and I think things will be working quite a bit better for you on x64. Best of luck.
    post edited by Brandon Ryan [Cakewalk] - 2006/05/18 16:21:19

kudzu
    RE: Vista & 64Bit compatability of Dimension,Raptures,etc. 2006/07/01 17:15:43 (permalink)
    Hate to be a bother... it too ka while but I finally got most of my x64 problems soerted, even internet, Thanx. But..........
    "I have reached the point of desperation where I must bother you fine folks. After installing the x64 version, along with the new patches for sonar and dim pro, I can not seem to use my dxi's. dim pro shows as a soft synth. Actually, the TTS1,groovesynth,and a couple others showed at first. I ran the vst wizard and now only dim pro comes up. I am assuming somehow I lost my dxi's. Also, velocity and cyclone are nowhere to be found. It seems that the dxi's and effects from project 5 are not able to be used in sonar5 x64. At least not for me right now. BRANDON, please help me out, you talked me into tryin this out afterall! lol I'm sure I just overlooked or forgot to do sumthin as usual....hopefully someone will get back to me soon, I have a deadline for my project and I am afraid I will lose material if I re-install the 32 bit version. Thanx!
    Kevin

Yup......

namaste'
    cncb
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6
    RE: Vista & 64Bit compatability of Dimension,Raptures,etc. 2007/02/13 15:04:40 (permalink)
    I searched and this is all I found about Dimension Pro and Vista (nothing since the release of Vista?). Is Dimension Pro already Vista compatible or is there going to be a new version soon such that I should wait to order? Thanks.
    inmazevo
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3276
    RE: Vista & 64Bit compatability of Dimension,Raptures,etc. 2007/02/14 13:56:00 (permalink)
    I'll be loading Dim Pro and Rapture on Vista 64 bit tonight... I'll give it a run through for you and post back, but I don't anticipate any problems.

Actually, I haven't had any problems with Vista 64 and Sonar 6.2's built-in instruments either... and didn't think I would.
    I'm keeping a detailed log on the whole story, from install to usage, and minimal benchmarking. I'll post back a detailed report once I've learned more about it (configuration, services, optimization, defects, etc.).

Brandon and/or René,
    Are there any plans to make z3ta+ a 64-bit native dxi, or is it already?

This one is one of my favorite synths, and I'd hate to lose it.
    I know I could use vst and bitbridge, but I'd MUCH prefer to not use bit bridge, as I'm going for a pure 64 bit system.
    I'm fine with the idea of a slow migration, and the possibility of losing some gear, but I really, really like z3ta+.

I'd pay for the upgrade, if necessary.

- zevo
    post edited by inmazevo - 2007/02/14 14:18:34
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1