Vocal Editing

Author
igobyneq
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2013/09/17 09:30:19 (permalink)

Vocal Editing

I just started using music Creator and I can not figure out how to edit my vocals and make them sound crisp and clear I am not a producer so I am not knowledgeable on this sort of thing. Can someone point me in the right direction.

2 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re: Vocal Editing 2013/09/29 14:49:43 (permalink)
    Record them Crisp and clear.  Sorry, that is the only way.  I'm not sure what you mean, tho, it could be all kinds of things.  It would help if you would list your equipment, post the song or just your vocal so we could understand the problem.

Performance, room, mic, preamp and then fix in the mix.

If you are stuck w/ what you've recorded there are a couple of things.  One, if you want clear vocals they have to be louder than anything else going when they do, and there shouldn't be any music lines masking the main frequencies of the voice (you don't want flutes playing over a delicate voiced female, or a fast bass line playing over Barry White).  Usually a compressor goes on the vocal to ... compress the difference between the loudest and quietest part of the singing, making the whole vocal track closer to the same volume.  EQ.  And finally don't slather on reverb and other effects until you get the vocals close to the right sound and volume.

Welcome to mixing.  It is an art, it is a science and it takes a while to learn, because you have to do and figure out your own "sound."

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: Vocal Editing 2013/10/03 07:15:05 (permalink)
    Use Ozone.

It can take a lifeless sounding vocal track and add sparkle. I use it on vocals and on the entire mix.

Starting with a decently recorded track, as AT said above, surely helps too.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1