Volume Envelopes

Author
Brandon2000
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 110
2016/03/10 10:11:17 (permalink)

Volume Envelopes

Having been a big fan of volume envelopes in CPA 9 and mot having the need to meddle (yet) in MC6 with them I am having difficulty in getting the hang of it.

i used to be able to right click in an audio track, click on envelope and then raise or lower the volume as necessary. That is not the case in MC 6 and am perplexed as to how something that started life as being so easy is now a pain in the butt. Can anyone guide me as to a straightforward way to address this simple matter?

Many thanks

4 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: Volume Envelopes 2016/03/10 14:06:00 (permalink)
    Sure... In the Track inspector, there's a box where you can name the track. directly below that is another that says CLIPS.... there's a down arrow beside it.... click it and you get a dropdown where you can select Clips, Automation, Clip Automation....

Choose AUTOMATION....  You will see a choice of Automated Mute, Volume and Pan.... select VOLUME and your envelope will be inserted into the track.

You need to remember that CLIPS button since you will be working back and forth with it for editing the track clip and the automation you may have inserted. 

It's all still there but they just made it work a bit differently and from another location .... you'll get used to the new stuff pretty quick.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Brandon2000
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 110
    Re: Volume Envelopes 2016/03/10 15:10:08 (permalink)
    Thank you - theres a lot of 'tooing and froing' going on to change volume and pan etc. It doesnt look like it is possible to have the pan and volume envelopes open at the same time though - would that be correct?
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Volume Envelopes 2016/03/10 15:16:51 (permalink)
    To see/edit all envelops, open the automation lanes.
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: Volume Envelopes 2016/03/10 20:33:09 (permalink)
    I need to dig into that automation lane thing.... I tend to work with a purpose and don't really spend the time to mess around with new features....especially when I've been doing it one way for so long.....

Note to myself...... next time I'm in the DAW...... try to remember to check out the AL feature.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1