Volume control midl problem Sonar

Author
wadrumwa
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19
2018/02/14 05:33:35 (permalink)

Volume control midl problem Sonar

I am using a Kurzweil K2600XS keyboard.  I have set midi channel 1 with a bass, and a piano on midi channel 2.  I am going to record two midi tracks in Sonar.  I record track one, using midi channel 1.  I begin to record track two with midi channel 2.  But midi track two is way loud, so I turn it down to match midi track one.    Unfortunately, this also turns the volume of track one down. Volume levels have always been independent of each other with Sonar, on other keyboards.  I surmise it is the Kurzweil.   I have tried both the velocity and volume slider, to no avail. The problem is the volume for all 16 midi channels are somehow linked with each other in the Kurzweil, both during recording, and with playback.  Changing one volume slider in Sonar changes all the midi channel volumes in the Kurzweil, yet the other 15 sliders in Sonar do not move.  Is there a way to bypass this problem?
thanks,
wadrum

1 Reply Related Threads

Rbh
    Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2349
    Re: Volume control midl problem Sonar 2018/02/14 05:54:30 (permalink)
    Double check that your Sonar inputs are not set to Omni and that echo input is only on the track that you are inputting to. Kurzweil will typically have each multi-tymbral channel set to it's own discrete input / output midi channel number, I'm trying to remember if there is a global midi setting in the Kurzweil. Kurzweil historically has had the best midi implementation of any synth that I've ever used.

I7 930 2.8 Asus PDX58D
    12 Gig
    Appollo
    CbB, Sonar Pro, Reaper, Samplitude, MixBuss
     Win7 Pro

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=902832
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1