Waves Grand Rhapsody Piano

Author
simeon
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 494
2017/05/09 15:44:02 (permalink)

Waves Grand Rhapsody Piano

Got this in my inbox this morning:

Sampled from the Fazioli F228 grand piano housed at London’s Metropolis Studios – the very piano played on Grammy-winning hits such as Adele’s “Hello.”

Like a sleek Italian sports car, the Fazioli F228 model was engineered from the finest Italian parts and craftsmanship, taking its wood from the same red spruce forest where Antonio Stradivari cultivated his rare and celebrated violins. The deep bass, rich resonance and crystal clear tonal qualities produced by the wood have made the Fazioli a highly coveted instrument for the most discerning ears in music.

Recorded at Metropolis with 8 different pairs of state-of-the-art microphones and the highest-quality preamps and converters, Waves’ Grand Rhapsody virtual piano delivers the same majestic sound as the studios' original Fazioli piano, with added features that only a plugin can provide.

http://www.waves.com/plugins/grand-rhapsody-piano

So you get the piano used in Adele's "Hello ;^)
For $29 or less (I ordered it from Plugin Discounts for $24.95) you get a nice samples Fazioli Grand piano with a large HD sample set 14.1 gb  or an SD Sample set weighing in at around 6 gb.

I am downloading the HD sample set now and will follow up with my experience.

Simeon Amburgey
Sound Creations, Inc.
www.PraiseTracks.com
***PS.89:15***

4 Replies Related Threads

simeon
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 494
    Re: Waves Grand Rhapsody Piano 2017/05/09 20:03:22 (permalink)
    OK,
    I am still getting things installed as I have downloaded both the HD and SD libraries.
    It takes a while not only to download the samples but to unzip them as well.
    I started with the SD library first to test the sound and right away I know I have to move these to one of my SSD drives ;^) As far as the sound and playability so far for under $25 for a very detailed sampled piano library this would have to be almost a no-brainer.

So far I am very impressed. So far just because of the sheer size of the sample library it can take a while to load up mic positions so an SSD sample drive would be a must unless you just like to watch things load.

More to come. I might even do a YouTube Live run-through later today.
    I will post the link here if and when that happens.

Simeon Amburgey
    Sound Creations, Inc.
    www.PraiseTracks.com
    ***PS.89:15***
    Slugbaby
    Max Output Level: -33.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4172
    Re: Waves Grand Rhapsody Piano 2017/05/09 20:37:11 (permalink)
    I haven't had time to play with it much yet, but dropped it into a project and fed it some MIDI.
    Sounds great to my non-pianist ears.  And for $29, it's absolutely a no-brainer!

http://www.MattSwiftMusic.com

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
    bigcatt
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 542
    Re: Waves Grand Rhapsody Piano 2017/05/09 21:06:02 (permalink)
    What type of copy protection does Waves use?
    bapu
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re: Waves Grand Rhapsody Piano 2017/05/09 21:08:38 (permalink)
    bigcatt
    What type of copy protection does Waves use?

Cloud, computer or USB stick. Your choice.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1