Waves Studio Rack Video

Author
cclarry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20964
2014/08/15 09:22:57 (permalink)

Waves Studio Rack Video

Groove 3 has a Waves Studio Rack video...there is some really useful
information about this plugin in it...it's far more then it appears...

http://www.groove3.com/st...dioRack-Explained.html

8 Replies Related Threads

ltb
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2707
    Re: Waves Studio Rack Video 2014/08/15 09:49:04 (permalink)
    Thanks Larry.

OT but should point out for VSL VEPro 5 users that individual plugins no longer load but will work using them in StudioRack.
    Actually Vienna isn't officially supported by Waves although I've been using them for a few years now in VEP & they work fine.

I like SR but hope they'll add additional features like a selection option to keep all plugins visually opened at once. A one size gui & window for all modules would be great too but doubt that will ever happen.
    post edited by carl - 2014/08/15 10:20:46
    yorolpal
    • Total Posts : 13829
    Re: Waves Studio Rack Video 2014/08/15 16:28:08 (permalink)
    Since I haven't loaded mine yet...I still would like to know if A]  I need to download and reinstall all my plugs with the newer 9.2.whatever plugs BEFORE I install or run the Rack and B] will all my V9 plugs work with it without reWUPing?

What's the best way to go about it?

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
    https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
    Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
    cclarry
    Re: Waves Studio Rack Video 2014/08/15 17:17:02 (permalink)
    I believe the newest version should work ok...but can't attest to that..mine has been
    fine from the start.  I have several that I've not WUP'd and they work fine...

Obviously the only way to know is to try....

ltb
    Re: Waves Studio Rack Video 2014/08/15 18:20:12 (permalink)
    yorolpal
    Since I haven't loaded mine yet...I still would like to know if A]  I need to download and reinstall all my plugs with the newer 9.2.whatever plugs BEFORE I install or run the Rack and B] will all my V9 plugs work with it without reWUPing?

What's the best way to go about it?

Here's a guide-

To use StudioRack, you will need to make sure that all of your plugins are re-installed using the latest Waves installer.

Please login to your account at Waves.com and navigate to the SoundGrid Studio download page:
    Download the Appropriate (Mac/Windows) V9 Plugins installer for your system (step 1 in the below illustration). If you’re using Mavericks, please click here for the compatible plugins installer.

Run the Plug-in installer, at the installation type menu make sure that all of your plugins are check-marked.

After the installation is complete, head back to the SoundGrid Studio Download page, Download the appropriate (Mac/Windows) version of “SoundGrid And Native Applications”

Run the SoundGrid Installer, at the installation type menu, checkmark only the box next to StudioRack Native to have it installed (uncheck anything else):

Your StudioRack is now installed, and all your plugins are at the latest version - 9.3.
    yorolpal
    • Total Posts : 13829
    Re: Waves Studio Rack Video 2014/08/15 18:33:34 (permalink)
    Thanks, ol pals. Will do.

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
    https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
    Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
    Eddie TX
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1104
    Re: Waves Studio Rack Video 2014/08/15 18:43:51 (permalink)
    I hope it goes smoother for you than it did for me, olpal.  The rack is pretty cool, but being limited to Waves plugins (plus maybe some others at some future time) hampers its usefulness, for me at least.  I don't think it was worth the hassle. 

I'm wondering why, at least for the native-only version, Waves didn't make the rack compatible with all VSTs, as similar tools from Blue Cat and DDMF already do.  That would have been nice ... as would the inclusion of a mix control.  I WOULD endure the installation again for those features. 

Cheers,
    Eddie

Sonar X3 Producer / Win 10 
    The future exists in all directions.
    ltb
    Re: Waves Studio Rack Video 2014/08/15 19:24:08 (permalink)
    I just followed the instructions & it went smoothly. I hear the performance is a bit better too.

Plugin Alliance is slated to port to SR, hopefully other devs will too. Waves asked FB users opinions what devs they'd like to see included, a hint I suppose.

I would think it'd be a smart move if they did.
    cclarry
    Re: Waves Studio Rack Video 2014/08/15 19:37:52 (permalink)
    Quite right Carl.

DigiGRID will probably be very big in the FOH sector.

I noticed marked improvement in CPU performance (non DigiGRID) with 
    plugins "inside" the SR, as opposed to "outside" in the FX bin.
    Also an added bonus...

As the product matures I'm sure it will be even more valuable..

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1