We the People extended version

Author
billboutin
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 483
2005/03/15 12:30:18 (permalink)

We the People extended version

This is technically the most advanced recording I've made to date with Cakewalk HS 2 (or any other system), with nine seperate vocals, two drum maps and ten soft synths. Took a couple of days just to mix the instruments before adding the vocals, and countless hours tweaking the synths, and tweaking some more.

I gotta get a Moog

Any comments are appreciated. May take a while to get back to you, I have to go clean out my hard drive now

"We the People (Just Want to be Heard)"
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/billboutinmusic.htm

Thanks for listening

6 Replies Related Threads

mikecsvu
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 41
    RE: We the People extended version 2005/03/15 15:02:09 (permalink)
    Bill - as always, your music is to be treasured, not tweaked. I've been taken with your music since I first started using this forum about a year ago. I listen to quite a lot of stuff posted in here and to be honest, me included as much as anyone, 99 percent of posters seem to be trying to sound like or emulate someone else. You're not. There is a simple honesty in your music that's a joy to behold and you have a truly unique voice and delivery. In a better world you'd be heard by milions. Keep up the good work.

Take it from a guy who's been round the block so many times he knows the only parking spot that's free - Barenaked Ladies
    billboutin
    RE: We the People extended version 2005/03/16 09:28:37 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: mikecsvu

Bill - as always, your music is to be treasured, not tweaked. I've been taken with your music since I first started using this forum about a year ago. I listen to quite a lot of stuff posted in here and to be honest, me included as much as anyone, 99 percent of posters seem to be trying to sound like or emulate someone else. You're not. There is a simple honesty in your music that's a joy to behold and you have a truly unique voice and delivery. In a better world you'd be heard by milions. Keep up the good work.

Thanks much, that was very kind By "tweaking" I meant adjusting the controls on the Dreamstation soft synths. You can make some interesting sounds that way
    Rasmuth
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 164
    RE: We the People extended version 2005/03/16 14:08:53 (permalink)
    you write some incredible lyrics...your songs are wonderful...this is really nice...beautiful in it's simplicity, the sparseness of the mix....yet incredibly complex in it's entirety...

all in all...simply wonderful...be proud of this song.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=250426

Everyone has a song inside, some of us choose to let it out.
    billboutin
    RE: We the People extended version 2005/03/16 19:28:52 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Rasmuth

you write some incredible lyrics...your songs are wonderful...this is really nice...beautiful in it's simplicity, the sparseness of the mix....yet incredibly complex in it's entirety...

all in all...simply wonderful...be proud of this song.

Thanks, and I am It was inspired by and modeled after Woodie Guthrie's "This Land is Your Land," and I had a lot of helpful input when making this extended version, both from here and other friends
    muddy leopard
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 297
    RE: We the People extended version 2005/03/17 07:43:36 (permalink)
    Well, Bill, now you know how this forum rates you. If you were a dog, damn right you should wag your tail. Now go astound us again.

Neil

Will write personally soon, as soon as I can tell which way is up
    billboutin
    RE: We the People extended version 2005/03/17 12:05:18 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: muddy leopard

Well, Bill, now you know how this forum rates you. If you were a dog, damn right you should wag your tail. Now go astound us again.

Neil

Will write personally soon, as soon as I can tell which way is up

Good to see you back on the forum again. Been working on Carousel Horse again, I'd like to send you a version with just guitar,drums and vocal if you'd like to play with it, I Can't Go to School Today also.

This forum is like any other group I've been in- I may not be as popular as some, but the few who do appreciate what I'm trying to do make all the difference in the world

I'm going to knock off for today, and go outside and burn some of my tree limbs, as I have to redo my harpsichord track because HS 2 overloaded the audio and I got a "click" in it. I'll write as soon as I have some MP3's ready.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1