Weird behavior with VST's

Author
MBGantt
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 57
2018/02/20 03:47:06 (permalink)

Weird behavior with VST's

OK, I had a HD crash and a few other problems recently and I had to reinstall some stuff. Now when I open up an older project my VST's are assigned to a different instrument than what they were originally. For instance Kontakt 1 will be assigned to EZ2 or Play might be assigned to a Kontakt instance. I then have to sort out what is what and reset everything. Anyone else ever seen this strange behavior? Even after I resave they still end up assigned to the wrong things after I reopen.

3 Replies Related Threads

dappa1
    Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2949
    Re: Weird behavior with VST's 2018/02/20 22:25:34 (permalink)
    My Addictive Drums 2 was closing down my Studio One 3 projects. It said that it did not have enough memory to continue with the program then it would close Studio One3. I found this to be very strange seeing that Studio One 3 never falters. I then found to my surprise that Addictive Drums needed to be authorised again. So I downloaded the installer and started the process again. Maybe nothing to do with Cakewalk or probably to do with windows updates. In any case it is frightening to say the least. This is what is going to happen from now on. Cakewalk products are doomed. I need to import all my projects over to Studio One 3 before the whole Sonar Platinum goes timber on me.

Sonar X series 
    https://youtu.be/9YNplnhTAZY Steal My Girl
     https://youtu.be/A0VPi_UZmLo Moon & Stars

KRK VXT6 Studio One 3  Main: SPLAT for Lifetime: Formerly known as...
    Nothing beats the best!
    jb101
    Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2946
    Re: Weird behavior with VST's 2018/02/21 00:07:57 (permalink)
    @ dapa - I don't think your issue has anything to do with OP, or Cakewalk.  Most likely Windows update.

@OP - Were your old projects created with EZdrummer (1)?  There were issues with the change to EZd 2.

There were issues with track assignments messing up when EZd became EZd 2

Sonar Platinum
    MBGantt
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 57
    Re: Weird behavior with VST's 2018/02/22 00:01:16 (permalink)
    Yup I bet that is it! I had to reinstall EZD2 and I bet I opened up a few old projects before I did which reverted to the original EZD. Lost my primary user account due to something, just wouldn't open and nothing could recover it. Then a day later lost a older 1 TB HD which had a number of plugins and VST instruments that didn't need a SSD. Then the fun began trying to reauthorize and reinstall everything that either wouldn't work due to the new user account or that was on the HD. The weird thing was even though I would reassign things back to where they needed to be and re-saved it would still have the same problem the next time I would open the project. Now everything seems to have sorted itself out. 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1