Weird latency problem...only in one project though....very strange?

Author
shameezy
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12
2007/02/16 13:53:24 (permalink)

Weird latency problem...only in one project though....very strange?

Im using Sonar 6.1 and Reason 2.5 and have forever so Im already pretty familiar with both programs...

Weird situation though.....Never had any latency issues before except in this one project Im working on.....

When the audio engin is not playing or recording everything is fine there is no audible latency between the trigger key on the keyboard and the sound...HOWEVER.... when the project is playing there IS a totally audible latency of Im guessing more than 20 ms which obviously makes it hard to play on time.

.....NOW.....if the project IS playing and lets say I switch the output of the Reason audio track from master to the MIA output the latency returns to normal (non-audible), but the minute I stop the project and re-start it the latency returns no matter what the output is.

I thought maybe the number of dxi's could be the cause but I opened up previous projects with twice the amount of real-time dxi's and effects with no issues.

Just wondering if anyone has experianced or knows a cause....thanx in advance.

3 Replies Related Threads

Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
    Cakewalk Staff
    • Total Posts : 6475
    RE: Weird latency problem...only in one project though....very strange? 2007/02/16 14:34:43 (permalink)
    Do you have any plugins with delay in the "Master" bus, such as Perfect Space? If so, that is why you hear latency when patched to Master instead of the hardware output.

Noel Borthwick
    Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
    My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
    shameezy
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12
    RE: Weird latency problem...only in one project though....very strange? 2007/02/16 14:40:08 (permalink)
    ^ Thanx man......no there are no effects pluggins any where in the project...just reason and a few other dxi's..
    cellarboy
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 108
    RE: Weird latency problem...only in one project though....very strange? 2007/02/17 10:46:27 (permalink)
    Not meaning to steal your thread but wanted to let you know I have a similar problem.

I opened a 12 track file that was created in Sonar PE 3 and when I tried to record a MIDI keys part using any DXi/VST instrument the latency was so bad I couldn't record.

So for testing purposes I loaded the "Both of Us" song from the S6PE DVD (it's 50 tracks) and had no problem playing along with it through a DXi/VST instrument.

I'll investigate further and see if I can find any related fixes.

SPE X3e | ProjectMix I/O | 1 UAD-2 (v7.5)|
    Studio Cat Project Studio DAW | Win 7 64-bit | Haswell CPU 4570 @ 3.6GHz | Video HD4600 |
    ASUS VE276 Monitor | TI Chipset Firewire Card |
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1