Helpful ReplyWhat Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team?

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
arressen
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/06/20 05:17:41 (permalink)
That's speculation of course, but not inconceivable I guess. As it happens, I was responsible for a project to move an IT support team offshore several years ago - I won't claim that it was problem-free, but it was nowhere near as challenging as this appears to be.
scottrosner
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/06/27 15:56:29 (permalink)
I just paid and upgraded to Platinum on Friday.. It didn't install properly (possibly because of my own errors - not sure) so I tried to contact tech support. I sent an email and so far have not received a response. I thought to myself that three business days is a long time to wait for tech support through email so I tried to call.

But as everyone here has reported, calling them is futile. I only get a loop on their webpage that starts with emailing, says that all the phone contact agents are busy so I can schedule a time to be called back. Clicking on that brings me to another screen that prompts me once again to send an email which after reading all of the these posts, I'm assuming will not be answered any time soon.

This is very frustrating as I, like many others have been a lifelong Cakewalk user.  One of the main reasons I have remained loyal to Cakewalk is because of their previously superior tech support. If I don't hear back in the next day or two, I will be contacting my credit card company to credit me back my money because the company is not giving me what I paid for when I bought it. 

I hate the idea of switching to another DAW and relearning things from scratch but that is what I'm about to do.
Had to cancel a session today because of my inability to contact support...

Also - I saw on the forum an article on how to reinstall Platinum but some of the instructions had steps referring to Windows, 7, 8 and Vista but did not mention Windows 10 at all so I have been reluctant to try the steps to reinstall.
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/06/27 16:09:08 (permalink)
Here are the instrcutions for a clean install http://www.cakewalk.com/S...n-Install-Instructions
The instructions are the same for windows 10.
robert_e_bone
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8968
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/07/01 21:16:31 (permalink)
If you have errors with your install, I would suggest you post each error in a separate thread, and do so in the Sonar forum.  That is the best choice for forums for installation issues with Sonar, and there are a BUNCH of helpful folks there that will work hard to help you work through whatever is causing the failures.

The Cakewalk support had some issues for a guess several weeks now, after a roll out of a whole new support scheduling model that just got them swamped.  They are working on getting things caught up, and once working correctly, should help get quicker access to support.

But, in the meantime, there may well be ways to get you fixed up and installed, so please do post one or more threads in the Sonar forum about your install issues.  :)

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
rontarrant
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 643
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/07/02 08:17:03 (permalink)
Considering that I have no idea how many people are actually employed by Cakewalk, I've decided to be patient and give them a break. For all I know, there are just those two guys who show up in the videos. Between coding new features, fixing bugs, doing a complete rewrite for an entirely different platform, running their end of the online store and answering email, seems to me they have their hands full.

Complaining ain't gonna help.

Of course, I'm also the smug SOB who's already had all inquiries answered, all issues resolved and all software updated, so you may not wanna pay any attention to me.
post edited by rontarrant - 2016/07/02 08:38:17

-Ron T.
----------------------------------------------------------
MSI GE72 2QF-247US, 12 gb, Focusrite 6i6, AT-2020
----------------------------------------------------------
Windows 10 x64, Sonar Platinum
arressen
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/07/02 09:37:41 (permalink)
Most reasonable people will be tolerant when there is a temporary problem. However, this has gone way beyond being temporary - at least three months from what I can determine - and in the absence of any response, or a simple, honest, statement from Cakewalk, then the only course of action left to everybody is to keep complaining in the hope that eventually somebody actually does something about it.

When I (and others) bought the software from Cakewalk then we entered into a contract to provide goods and services, based on what Cakewalk advertised as being the 'bargain' on offer. If they do not honour that contract then they are in breach, and everybody has good reason to take issue with that.
jackroller
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 95
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/07/02 09:49:01 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby RaphaelLucchesi 2016/07/23 20:32:38
It's funny how Cakewalk staff participates in threads discussing product features, but they are mysteriously absent in threads such as this.

MOTU 896mk3
Win 10 x64, Intel 5820k 4.0Ghz, MSI x99a Krait Mobo, 32GB RAM, JBOD from Hell.  
scook
Forum Host
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/07/02 09:51:41 (permalink)
I suggest
arressen
 a simple, honest, statement from Cakewalk

was already posted here http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3428520

scook
Forum Host
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/07/02 09:56:16 (permalink)
jackroller
It's funny how Cakewalk staff participates in threads discussing product features, but they are mysteriously absent in threads such as this.

They might be a little busy. They have been know to post in this area to directly address store issues though.
ampfixer
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5508
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/07/02 11:11:13 (permalink)
When support returns it will likely be via a call center in India. Hi, my name's Bob and I'm here to help you fixing the Sonar.

Regards, John 
 I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
arressen
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/07/02 11:27:53 (permalink)
That post is four weeks old. In many respects it's a bit of an "insanity plea" - we screwed up, and rather than reinstating the old process until such time as we're ready to launch the revised version with the correct resources, we will continue limping along like this indefinitely and you will have to put up with it.

Most of what they describe appears to be not working today, so it may be a good statement of intent, but I and many others have no need of well-meant, undelivered intentions right now. If nothing else, they should be posting regular updates to that thread to let us know what is going on. If ever there was a lesson in how not to manage your customer relationships, this is it.
scook
Forum Host
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/07/02 11:35:48 (permalink)
Characterize their post as you will. I recall complaints in the past about email response so I do not know if reinstating the old process would improve that situation. Dedicating what are apparently scarce Cakewalk resources to post updates here seems like a waste to me. My guess is they are pretty busy.
DamienRaj
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/07/03 02:58:43 (permalink)
Hello there!
Yes- I have been a cakewalk user since windows 95-oh yes the heart stopping blue screen of death!
Man o man- a simple thing such as an upgrade could go so wrong. The money is gone- no sonar..I hope things get sorted out before I grow too old.....

Thank goodness I have Magix Samplitude Studio 2013. At least something to tinker with and of course to make music with. Sonar, to me excels in MIDI and MIDI related stuff like the step sequencer, customisable drum maps etc..Such a fine product...

All the emails have been sent to and redirected by CleverBridge to Cake....If one of 'em Cakewalk folks could advise me further, that would be.... good.
Just hoping and waiting...
thanks for reading-
DamienRaj
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/07/03 02:58:43 (permalink)
Hello there!
Yes- I have been a cakewalk user since windows 95-oh yes the heart stopping blue screen of death!
Man o man- a simple thing such as an upgrade could go so wrong. The money is gone- no sonar..I hope things get sorted out before I grow too old.....

Thank goodness I have Magix Samplitude Studio 2013. At least something to tinker with and of course to make music with. Sonar, to me excels in MIDI and MIDI related stuff like the step sequencer, customisable drum maps etc..Such a fine product...

All the emails have been sent to and redirected by CleverBridge to Cake....If one of 'em Cakewalk folks could advise me further, that would be.... good.
Just hoping and waiting...
thanks for reading-
scook
Forum Host
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/07/03 09:55:53 (permalink)
Have you tried posting in the SONAR forum above? Generally BSODs are caused by hardware or drivers. If you do post in the SONAR forum please include information about the system setup such as OS, PC hardware including audio interface and which version of SONAR is running. If there is a message associated with the BSOD that would help too.
arressen
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/07/05 07:37:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby RaphaelLucchesi 2016/07/23 20:36:44
scook - any "Project Management 101" course will cover several important things, but the main ones for this are:
- restore "business as usual" within a short time-frame (typically no more than 2 weeks at the outside)
- have a fall-back plan to minimise disruption to the customer base and other stakeholders

I also live in the real world and know that not everything goes as planned. But from what I can determine we're well past three months since this process change was implemented, and there are still problems for many people. This is way beyond reasonable. It's also been noted by others on the forum that there seems to be no difficulty talking to somebody in Cakewalk about spending money with them.

Another key activity, whether we're in project or crisis management, is to communicate with your stakeholders on a regular basis. In doing so:
- you keep the vast majority of customers 'on side' as you work through the problems
- those customers with minor problems will hopefully wait until the crisis is over (and relieve the crisis)

So yes, there is real value in one person spending just a few minutes each week publishing a sit rep for everybody to know what's going on. And in the absence of the above, it's naïve to think that people won't complain.
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/07/05 08:04:05 (permalink)
How big is the phone support time window? How often does it get extended/more slots opened?

just a sec

Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 1067
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/07/05 09:45:06 (permalink)
Despite the assumptions, the problem isn't with the process or the roll-out, guys, it's with staffing. I only posted to provide some insight into what was new on the site that is actually helpful to customers, and also point out that clearly the support guys are completely overwhelmed by volume and provide some sort of acknowledgement about it. 

There's really no going back, only moving forward. The timing of it all is just incredibly unfortunate. I haven't been posting regular updates because it's, well, very much so not a part of my day-to-day here at Cakewalk and honestly I don't have answers for everyone. Didn't mean to leave people in the dark. The thread I posted, and others like it, are a perfect opportunity to voice frustrations so please don't hold back. I very much so understand the frustrations being expressed and am doing my best to keep relaying what I'm seeing to the folks managing support.

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
pwalpwal
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/07/05 10:22:42 (permalink)
Then employ a temp or intern to clear the backlog :-)
Or at least open the next batch of slots as the previous one runs out :-)

just a sec

azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/07/05 10:37:10 (permalink)
pwalpwal
Or at least open the next batch of slots as the previous one runs out :-)

With overwhelmed personal, the result can be too fancy:
Russian consul service - 2 month wait queue,
my dentist - 3  month wait queue
Sonar ... - lifetime

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
pwalpwal
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/07/05 12:12:50 (permalink)
Or give some email notification when new slots become available :-)

just a sec

Muso_1000
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/07/08 01:32:58 (permalink)
Sadly I too have been duded by Cakewalk. As I live on the bottom of the world - Australia (depends how you look at it!), nobody is awake in the Northern hemisphere when I need to phone for technical support.

So, the only viable option for me is to ask via e-mail support.

I logged a case on June 25th, received an automated response assuring me that I would receive support in 3 business days.

I sent an email to the help desk on 30th June enquiring if anybody was there. Obviously not!

Frustrated with not receiving anything after five business days I logged another request for help on July 1st referring them to my original request for help.

On July 3rd I sent an e-mail to Michael Hoover, who, I assume, is the General Manager, Cakewalk - Gibson Brands, Inc., complaining about the big black hole Cakewalk support fell into. In fact, even the illustrious Mr. Hoover failed to respond.

Well, it's now been 13 days since my cry for help and nada, zilch! I wondered if Cakewalk had gone into administration or was forced to close down. Until I found this thread. It's nice to know that I am not alone in my cries for help.

Perhaps we should start a class action against Cakewalk. I purchased Support as part of the deal. I have lost real money having to wait for a response to my query as people who were waiting on me have gone elsewhere. Also my band, with no demo, has lost at least two gigs because we have nothing to play to the customers. And, if there is no response very soon, I will lose more work. It's tough-enough being in the music business without your software vendor adding to the hardship.

I guess I don't mind toughing it out if I am told that there is a problem but I am alone and unheard at the bottom of the world.
mrwizud
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/07/21 12:52:00 (permalink)
I'm on the same bandwagon...no support...no help...usually Cakewalk has decent support ...now nothing.
Sonar Platinum is running slow since the last two updates,need some answers
RaphaelLucchesi
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/07/23 20:33:10 (permalink)
Support? What support you are talking about? I own DAW's from nearly any other competitor, none of their support is even close to as abysmal than cakewalk. They're truly the best in being the worst in support - - by miles. That is all I can say. May case was completely ignored, nobody EVER talked to me about it, not even after I posted here two times, silence... I have a ****load of software, that I can't do anything with, cause they deleted my account after they changed the account system in 2014, telling the user to ask support to migrate to a new account, if the old email is not accessible any more. But, as nobody at Cakewalk is never doing anything, I sit here with a four digit investment in dead software - - great work Cakewalk. That is absolutely unacceptable. When I open a support case at Steinberg, Avid, Presonus, you name it, I get support within 24-48 hours the very latest, guaranteed. You can call them at any time, not so with Cakewalk, they decide if and when you will get support - - if you ever get to hear from one of them, do they even exist??? At Cakewalk, a customer is completely ignored... You guys won't get any single further cent from me in the future, you can bet on that. You lost me as a customer, congratulations! 
bobsacco
  • Total Posts : 48
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/09/06 13:43:26 (permalink)
I have an issue where my program is asking me for registration key and will not run. So, I can't even use the program I paid for and I can't get anyone to respond to any emails. They stopped answering the phone. Sounds to me that this company is sinking. 

Just think about it. How is someone interested in buying their brand new product suppose to reach someone in pre-sale if they don't even answer the phone?

Does anyone know how I can reach SONAR through a private message?

I'm in dire need of saving all my mixes.

THanks in advance.

-bob

Dell desktop XPS 8700 3.4 GHz, 32 Gb RAM

Windows 7 pro

Midi controller: need recommendation

Audio interface: Line6 Toneport UX2

BrionDBell
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/09/12 23:27:57 (permalink)
I'm pretty positive that Cakewalk is going out of business...  I've been on the phone, on email, different times, different days... It's been literally half a year since my last support request, and SILENCE!  I know they are eventually leaving the business because NO BUSINESS can treat paying customers this way and stay in business!  Even Comcast gets back to me within a week, (OK, they're idiots when it comes to support, but at least they get on the phone!).  I gave them until the end of the month, if they don't get back, it's time for a new DAW, PERIOD!
The REAL frustration is that my 'subscription is expiring' and there's nothing I can do about it, so I'll have to spend all-day/all-night exporting all of my tracks out of Platinum and re-import them into X3 to get back to my current projects; there are MANY and some are COMMERCIAL!
What a fine piece of SH_T this company turned out to be!  (Been a Cake user since the mid 80's!)
Buh Bye!
stevec
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/09/12 23:42:08 (permalink)
Bye

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 6475
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/09/13 09:02:40 (permalink)
BrionDBell
I'm pretty positive that Cakewalk is going out of business...  I've been on the phone, on email, different times, different days... It's been literally half a year since my last support request, and SILENCE!  I know they are eventually leaving the business because NO BUSINESS can treat paying customers this way and stay in business!  Even Comcast gets back to me within a week, (OK, they're idiots when it comes to support, but at least they get on the phone!).  I gave them until the end of the month, if they don't get back, it's time for a new DAW, PERIOD!
The REAL frustration is that my 'subscription is expiring' and there's nothing I can do about it, so I'll have to spend all-day/all-night exporting all of my tracks out of Platinum and re-import them into X3 to get back to my current projects; there are MANY and some are COMMERCIAL!
What a fine piece of SH_T this company turned out to be!  (Been a Cake user since the mid 80's!)
Buh Bye!

I'm sorry for the delays you experienced. It is caused by a backlog of cases. As explained elsewhere this is being actively resolved and support times will return to normal shortly.

Noel Borthwick
Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
mfwmiles
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 124
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2016/12/08 10:37:59 (permalink)
I am 3 months into NO response.  is it time to take our business elsewhere after being so LOYAL for so many years?  do they NOT want our business?  

http://www.icompositions.com/artists/mfwmiles
GregoryWallsten
Re: What Happened to Cakewalk's Responsive Support Team? 2017/08/11 08:02:48 (permalink)
SONAR 8.5 has been my only DAW for two "Sigurd Wallsten" albums and I am devoted to brand loyalty.  I have been playing for 3 decades and this is how I am.  I play ESP guitars, Boss/Roland effects etc (forever).  The lay-out and ease of use with SONAR 8.5 is phenomenal, but  I wish Cakewalk would have just upgraded SONAR 8.5 to work good with computer technological advances and added a few improvements with the use of plug-ins.  The real catastrophe here is with the senior management being very weak relative to today's business professionals.  They are out of touch with the customer, the vision is hollow and they don't emphasize a culture of accountability.  I have experienced the same very poor support all of you have.  I have switched to REASON 9 which I enjoy using.  However, I won't fully quit on Cakewalk, when they get back to how they operated in 2012, I will return. GW
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1