What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
MetalMan
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 954
2009/09/26 22:27:52 (permalink)

What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat?

What are the top 5 most disgusting foods that you would never eat? For the most part I am talking about foods you have had put in front of you to eat, not fantasy foods which you think are sick. Either way please take that into account when replying.

For me :

1 - Mountain Oysters, if you don't know what they are then trust me you don't want to know, I've never tried them and never will, they are disgusting just to think of! I'm sure someone will chime in and explain what they are if you don't know, it makes me sick to even think of explaining. Sorry...

2 - Pickled pigs feets, somebody must have been really hungry to have thought of eating some crap like that. LOL, it's like saying that goodyear tire is looking mighty tasty nowdays so why don't we pickle it and eat it later.

3 - Pork Skins - yeah they are good fried, but it really makes you wanna puke when you get some fresh ones and get ready to take a bite outa one and see hairs all over them. This is why I don't eat 'em at all.

4 - Sushi - Raw fish will never be on my menu to eat, I know people who love it, and they grew up eating it and know how to prepare it the right way if there is such a thing. I'm sorry but raw fish is a no no for me. 

5 - Any food with raw fat it in, for example a can of pork and beans, or other canned foods with pure fat in it supposedly to add to the flavor which I think is disgusting etc......

Please list your 5 worst instead of just one if you reply.

Why 5? Why not?  It's easy to pick just one, but it really makes you think to pick out 5 of the most disgusting things you would never eat, keep in mind that I am talking about foods that you have been presented before you for the most part, not just something you imagine trying to eat.

John

37 Replies Related Threads

DW_Mike
    Max Output Level: -6 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6907
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/26 23:13:11 (permalink)
    1. White Castle
    2. Any fast food but especially - Fridays, Crapplebys, Chili's, Loan Star, Outback, Charlie Browns and any other place that just heats up a TV dinner for you.
    3. Liver

In that order.
    I'm a foodie, I'll eat any other food out there.

Mike

post edited by chefmike8888 - 2009/09/28 10:39:13

Sonar X3 ~ Scarlett 18i6 ~ Home Build DAW  
    GA-Z77X-UD5H
    Intel i7 3770k 4.2GHz
    32GB RAM Crucial Ballistix Elite (4x8) 
    2x Samsung 250GB SSD 
    1TB WD Black HDD @ 7200RPM 6Gb/s 64MB 
    Corsair H80i Liquid cooler 
    Noctua Silent Fans ~ 3x120mm ~ 1x140mm 
    Seasonic Platinum 760w PSU 
    Windows 7 Pro 64Bit.
    Ron Vogel
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1074
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/26 23:32:47 (permalink)
    cooked raisins

oysters (of any kind)

liver

beets

snails

I'm stuck in the past, but my foot's tapping forward 
    Ron Vogel Soundclick page
    foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/26 23:45:51 (permalink)
    Asparagus - the most disgusting food on the planet IMO. It literally makes me vomit just smelling it. I do not know why that is, as everybody else seems to love it.

Olives - Vile vile vile

Zucchini - nearly as disgusting as asparagus.

Teriyaki anything. Something is just wrong with that sauce.

Anything like Oysters, clams, mussels (I'm gagging just thinking about it - when you eat them, you are eating their anus and waste as well... disgusting)

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    cryophonik
    Max Output Level: -28 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4724
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/27 00:15:22 (permalink)
    In no particular order:

- pickled pig's feet - gotta agree with MetalMan - never tried 'em, never will
    - sour cream - one of the most disgusting things ever invented IMO; might as well regurgitate curdled milk and serve it up, blech!
    - liverwurst - pure ground grossness in a plastic tube
    - tripe - who the 'bleep' thought of that?!
    - salmon - I fish for them and much of my work as a fisheries biologist involves studying them and restoring their habitats, but they're the most vile tasting, nasty smelling thing in the universe as far as I'm concerned.
    post edited by cryophonik - 2009/09/27 00:17:06

cryophonik   |   soundcloud  |   Facebook

Q6600 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Windows 7 64 | 8GB
    Access Virus Keyboard TI2 | Kurzweil PC3X | NI Maschine

MetalMan
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 954
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/27 00:24:20 (permalink)
    foxwolfen

Asparagus - the most disgusting food on the planet IMO. It literally makes me vomit just smelling it. I do not know why that is, as everybody else seems to love it.

Olives - Vile vile vile

Zucchini - nearly as disgusting as asparagus.

Teriyaki anything. Something is just wrong with that sauce.

Anything like Oysters, clams, mussels (I'm gagging just thinking about it - when you eat them, you are eating their anus and waste as well... disgusting)

Yep, I must agree on one thing which is Teriyaki food. I eat it one night at a relatives house and it was prepared the right way, but let me put it this way, it tasted good going down, coming back up not so good.........

Zucchinni I can handle if it's cooked the right way, well, I mean cooked like squash. Although IMO it ain't as good, but it taste great if your hungry and tollerable.

OMGosh! You said Oysters, clams and the rest.... Those just really...... It makes me think of people who eat snails. and IMO is just plain disgusting!

Something I do wanna say and put it on the record for all who reply and myself also : "Whatever a person likes to eat doesn't make them bad or good, also it doesn't define them as a person and they should feel no shame whatsoever it is about what they might like to eat". Uh, unless you are a freaking cannibal! Sorry but I draw the line on that one! Just incase you might be a cannibal, remember this, I am lean meat and high in fiber, but I am full of sh*t most of the time!! Especially here on the forums, So don't get any ideals!!! 

I had someone tell me that they thought potatoes were disgusting to eat at one time because they felt they were dirty even after cleaned coming from the ground, so what is disgusting to some IMO should and is not the measure of a persons stature, nor should it be considered so as to what they eat. My whole point is eat on, chomp down, and grub, don't go hungry, this topic is a matter of personal opinions and nothing more, not a cut down so to speak.

Have fun, grub out and and eat hardy! 

LOL, Shad, those dang oysters are starting to make my next meal taste mighty, well..... You know......   I should say talking about a flem type of creature to eat like oysters makes me think of snails which a lot of people eat, they like to call it escargot, I call it disgusting.

DANG IT! Why did I have to pick spaghetti to eat tonight? The noodles seem to have a moving effect on me after talking about this topic.

post edited by MetalMan - 2009/09/27 01:43:39

Buddy110
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 256
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/27 02:21:25 (permalink)
    - "mountain oysters" (wow thanks for making me google that one!, yuck)
    - tripe (or "callos" here in spain)
    - snails
    - any pickled pig parts (ears, snout, etc)
    - I was in Presov, Slovakia last year and ate these small twit (pregnant) fish full to the brim and half raw....never doing that again! yuck!
    foxwolfen
    • Total Posts : 8256
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/27 02:56:49 (permalink)
    Buddy110

- I was in Presov, Slovakia last year and ate these small twit (pregnant) fish full to the brim and half raw....never doing that again! yuck!

*shudder* Oh my god that is disgusting heheh.

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    Legion
    Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1986
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/27 05:58:59 (permalink)
    msg deleted by myself
    post edited by Legion - 2009/09/27 06:03:58

Sadly very reduced studio equipment as it is... ASUS G750J, 8 gb RAM, Win8, Roland Quad Capture.
    Crg
    • Total Posts : 7719
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/27 06:58:58 (permalink)
    Entrals
    Placenta
    Cow Brains
    Insects
    Snails

But I'll eat all the Sushi and seaweed I can get.

Craig DuBuc
    jackn2mpu
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2765
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/27 09:33:21 (permalink)
    Will never eat:
    liver
    offal (generic name for various parts of animal guts) - sometimes called organ meats
    anything that's still alive
    eel
    horse meat - it's big in some parts of Europe
    pickled pig's feet
    head cheese (who came up with that name - and there's no cheese in it)
    Brussels sprouts
    beets

But I will eat sushi (but only if I know the source or the chef - Morimoto is the best), liverwurst, and Spam (but not all at the same time)

Jack
    Qapla!
    Spaceduck
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2499
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/27 11:11:47 (permalink)
    Oh man, there's no waay I could limit my respose to 5 items.

Instead, how about 5 items I used to love as a kid, but now it would cause me to vomit my shoes up.

5. We called it "scrapple".  I think it's the same as tripe, callos, entrals, offal, souse, whatEVER. Unless you enjoy sucking on a slaughterhouse floor, you might wanna pass.

4. Oysters. Any living thing that resembles mucus should be left alone to do its thang.

3. Beef tongue. My mother was quite demented.

2. "Blood pudding". QUITE demented.

1. Eggs. See #4

In 2001 a doctor told me I had to lay off the crapfood or die. I quit animal products cold turkey & have been mostly raw fruits & grains ever since. Funny, the only food I miss is HoHos. Oh I would kill for a Hoho right now.

Spaceduck music [HERE]
    Spaceduck videos [HERE]
    jackn2mpu
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/27 11:48:15 (permalink)
    Spaceduck

Oh man, there's no waay I could limit my respose to 5 items.

Instead, how about 5 items I used to love as a kid, but now it would cause me to vomit my shoes up.

5. We called it "scrapple".  I think it's the same as tripe, callos, entrals, offal, souse, whatEVER. Unless you enjoy sucking on a slaughterhouse floor, you might wanna pass.

4. Oysters. Any living thing that resembles mucus should be left alone to do its thang.

3. Beef tongue. My mother was quite demented.

2. "Blood pudding". QUITE demented.

1. Eggs. See #4

In 2001 a doctor told me I had to lay off the crapfood or die. I quit animal products cold turkey & have been mostly raw fruits & grains ever since. Funny, the only food I miss is HoHos. Oh I would kill for a Hoho right now.

I love scrapple. One of the best things to come out of the Philly area. Fried up with sunny-side-up eggs - that's the ticket for a good breakfast. That or the cream chipped beef a local diner (Pat's on S. Broad Street in Trenton) does - not salty at all.
    Raw oysters with a squeeze of lemon juice - mmmmmm.
    Kielbasa - best thing to come out of Poland. Kiszka (blood sausage) - worst thing to come out of Poland.

Spinach - cooked it's the slimiest thing in the world. Cold as part of a salad - better than lettuce.

Jack
    Qapla!
    Spaceduck
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/27 12:01:18 (permalink)
    jackn2mpu

I love scrapple. One of the best things to come out of the Philly area. Fried up with sunny-side-up eggs - that's the ticket for a good breakfast. That or the cream chipped beef a local diner (Pat's on S. Broad Street in Trenton) does - not salty at all.

Philly definitely has its moments, we used to make a monthly pilgrimage to Broad St - there was a Chinese dim sum joint that was so good you'd lose consciousness at the table. Jersey has some of the best beach food on the planet (salt water taffy, cotton candy, funnel cakes). But that scrapple... you can have it ALL, man!

Spaceduck music [HERE]
    Spaceduck videos [HERE]
    DW_Mike
    Max Output Level: -6 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6907
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/27 12:16:58 (permalink)

Spaceduck,
    Oh I would kill for a Hoho right now

Don't you mean, you would die for a Ho-Ho right now?

Mike 

Sonar X3 ~ Scarlett 18i6 ~ Home Build DAW  
    GA-Z77X-UD5H
    Intel i7 3770k 4.2GHz
    32GB RAM Crucial Ballistix Elite (4x8) 
    2x Samsung 250GB SSD 
    1TB WD Black HDD @ 7200RPM 6Gb/s 64MB 
    Corsair H80i Liquid cooler 
    Noctua Silent Fans ~ 3x120mm ~ 1x140mm 
    Seasonic Platinum 760w PSU 
    Windows 7 Pro 64Bit.
    bapu
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/27 14:42:23 (permalink)
    5 is a good number.
    I have the tastebuds of a 5 year old.
    It would be simplier to list the 5 things I eat most often.

Eggs
    Low Carb Flour Tortillas
    Hebrew National Knockwurst
    Meat (Filet Mignon, Hamburger, Prime Rib)
    Fish (Orange Roughy, Salmon, Halibut, Talipa)

Low carb eating, for me, tends to keep the pounds from returning 10's at a time.

jackn2mpu
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/27 14:53:34 (permalink)
    Bapu:
    Wish I could get Hebrew National Knockwurst. The Shop Rite I go to has HN hotdogs but not the knckwurst. They have another brand that's kosher; forget the name at the moment.

Jack
    Qapla!
    bapu
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/27 14:58:23 (permalink)
    Their Hot Dogs are good but their Knockwurst are the BEST!
    No other kosher brands that I've tried comes close.

titusgroan1
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 173
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/27 15:27:54 (permalink)
    MetalMan

What are the top 5 most disgusting foods that you would never eat?

KFC
    McDonalds
    Burger King
    Little Chef
    MOTO 'All Day Breakfast'

Ian
    kcearl
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 504
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/27 16:40:37 (permalink)
    meat

Sonar 8 Studio, Ableton Live 8, XP Media SP2, Intel Dual Core 2.80Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500 & 250Gb SATA

http://www.soundclick.com/trainsetghetto

jackn2mpu
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/27 18:00:17 (permalink)
    Here's one to add to the 'do not eat' list:
    steak tartare (aka raw ground beef)

Jack
    Qapla!
    Spaceduck
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/27 23:32:19 (permalink)
    jackn2mpu

Here's one to add to the 'do not eat' list:
    steak tartare (aka raw ground beef)

I have no idea why I'm admitting this.

I once played in a band whose hit song went:

I like my meat fresh
    And I eat my fish raw
    Right now I'm in the mood pretty ba-ba-baby
    For some steak tartare

It's not the metaphor that disturbs so much as that horrible rhyme.

Spaceduck music [HERE]
    Spaceduck videos [HERE]
    Jonbouy
    • Total Posts : 22562
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/27 23:40:10 (permalink)
    head cheese (who came up with that name - and there's no cheese in it)

NOOO!

That stuff shouldn't even be mentioned let alone eaten.

I'm off to hurl already.......whoa....the results of that are likely to be more appealing, or did I mean less appalling.....

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
    In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
    SteveStrummerUK
    • Total Posts : 31112
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/28 03:21:44 (permalink)
    • Animals' organs/glands in general, apart from a nice bit of lamb's liver
    • Invertebrate seafood
    • Fat/gristle
    • Anything still attached to its face

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

bent4life
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 176
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/28 05:11:01 (permalink)
    1. I once had "dancing prawns" (OK, "shrimp" if you want) in Japan. Still flippin' their tails. They shimmy and shake down your throat. I like sushi if it is not moving but I couldn't see in the dark on that occasion.

2. Durian. Supposed to be fruit but smells like a sewer. Never tasted it, never want to.

3 - 5 The usual suspects - McDonalds, KFC, Taco Bell.

Win 7 Pro x64; i7 3770k; 16GB RAM; Sonar Platinum; Moto Ultralite-mk4
    jackn2mpu
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/28 07:00:19 (permalink)
    If you want to see some really weird foods you'd never want to eat, if you have it in your TV channel line-up, take a look at the Travel Channel's program Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern. This fellow travels the world in search of some of the strangest things people eat. In a recent program he really rustled up some grub (and I don't mean in the cowboy sense either - think way more primitive).

Jack
    Qapla!
    Wood67
    Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1348
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/28 07:22:58 (permalink)
    No real surprises here, except for the last.

1=. Tripe or that french sausage called endrouillette (sp)
    3. Black pudding
    4. Beetroot
    5. Coleslaw (due to an incident as a school-boy)

Wood

Studio One 3 Pro, (Sonar Platinum), Intel i7, Win10 Pro, 32Gb ram, RME Babyface Pro, Behringer X-Touch, Presonus Faderport, Akai MPK49, Arturia KeyLab25, KRK Rokit 5 monitors, and other sonic surprises.
    jackn2mpu
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/28 07:39:20 (permalink)
    Potato or macaroni salad with egg in it - disgusting
    Hoagies with mustard
    Anchovies

Jack
    Qapla!
    kcearl
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 504
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/28 09:50:10 (permalink)
    bent4life

1. I once had "dancing prawns" (OK, "shrimp" if you want) in Japan. Still flippin' their tails. They shimmy and shake down your throat. I like sushi if it is not moving but I couldn't see in the dark on that occasion.

2. Durian. Supposed to be fruit but smells like a sewer. Never tasted it, never want to.

3 - 5 The usual suspects - McDonalds, KFC, Taco Bell.

durian smells and tastes like dead feet...it should be on everyones list...well done

Sonar 8 Studio, Ableton Live 8, XP Media SP2, Intel Dual Core 2.80Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500 & 250Gb SATA

http://www.soundclick.com/trainsetghetto

Bristol_Jonesey
    • Total Posts : 16775
    Re:What are the top 5 most disgusting foods you would never eat? 2009/09/28 11:58:12 (permalink)
    A couple of votes here for sprouts aka the devil's bogies. Actually I love the things.

Ah well, have to go with:

Raw meat/fish of any description
    Most fast food are off the list
    Anything from Prague - don't go there if you've got a sensitive stomach
    Tripe

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
    Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1